ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

ATOS Occupational Physician

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
hotxbun
Posts: 67
Joined: 30 Dec 2010, 12:24
Gender: Female

Re: ATOS Occupational Physician

Post by hotxbun »

Aprilaydee wrote: The nurses I've spoken to have always read back to me what they've written and they send me a copy.
They read back to me what I can only assume are notes or something as it never matches what they put in the report they send to the managers. Both times now there's been a crucial word missing, or a generality where it should be specific. One word is making all the difference when I know what they mean, but the managers reading it have to be spoonfed every vital piece of info, and it looks very likely to ultimately cost me my job. I can only think that as each interview has taken almost an hour, they don't have time to write the actual report and read that back while on the phone. 2nd one, she actually asked me to slow my talking as she was trying to type my every word ! I told her I wasn't dictating the report !
I'm now in the process of writing my own report. :shhhhh
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: ATOS Occupational Physician

Post by TeeferTiger »

I think there are so many notes on the system about me now they don't need to write a full report lol
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
pokos27
Posts: 657
Joined: 15 Apr 2010, 19:32
Gender: Male

Re: ATOS Occupational Physician

Post by pokos27 »

do they determine whether you are pensioned off.
i spoke to the nurses on the phone, it was much better than i expected.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: ATOS Occupational Physician

Post by TeeferTiger »

pokos27 wrote:do they determine whether you are pensioned off.
i spoke to the nurses on the phone, it was much better than i expected.
If your manager asks them whether IHR is an option, they can advise RM on it. I've had to provide a report from my GP to state my medical condition though.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
BT2010
Posts: 352
Joined: 11 Feb 2011, 20:45
Gender: Male

Re: ATOS Occupational Physician

Post by BT2010 »

you can ask for a copy of the report to be sent to you after your interview weather it be telephone or F2F.

it all depends on what your dom is asking, IE, fit for amended duties, candidate for IHR or whatever else.

i have found them fine up to press and none of my reports have supported the DOM, thats prob why he is reluctant to rerefer me again (as recomended in my last report). :nana
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: ATOS Occupational Physician

Post by TeeferTiger »

BT2010 wrote:you can ask for a copy of the report to be sent to you after your interview weather it be telephone or F2F.

it all depends on what your dom is asking, IE, fit for amended duties, candidate for IHR or whatever else.

i have found them fine up to press and none of my reports have supported the DOM, thats prob why he is reluctant to rerefer me again (as recomended in my last report). :nana
They asked me if I'd like a copy before I even asked!
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
hotxbun
Posts: 67
Joined: 30 Dec 2010, 12:24
Gender: Female

Re: ATOS Occupational Physician

Post by hotxbun »

Aprilaydee wrote:
BT2010 wrote:you can ask for a copy of the report to be sent to you after your interview weather it be telephone or F2F.

it all depends on what your dom is asking, IE, fit for amended duties, candidate for IHR or whatever else.

i have found them fine up to press and none of my reports have supported the DOM, thats prob why he is reluctant to rerefer me again (as recomended in my last report). :nana
They asked me if I'd like a copy before I even asked!
Same here, but it didn't bear much resemblance to what had actually been discussed. 3 times ! :d'oh! And each time, their comments certainly weren't in MY favour. All a complete waste of time ...
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: ATOS Occupational Physician

Post by TeeferTiger »

hotxbun wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:
BT2010 wrote:you can ask for a copy of the report to be sent to you after your interview weather it be telephone or F2F.

it all depends on what your dom is asking, IE, fit for amended duties, candidate for IHR or whatever else.

i have found them fine up to press and none of my reports have supported the DOM, thats prob why he is reluctant to rerefer me again (as recomended in my last report). :nana
They asked me if I'd like a copy before I even asked!
Same here, but it didn't bear much resemblance to what had actually been discussed. 3 times ! :d'oh! And each time, their comments certainly weren't in MY favour. All a complete waste of time ...
But like I said in my other post, they read back to me what they were going to send to my manager and what I got in the post, was pretty much what was said, albeit worded a little better.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
hotxbun
Posts: 67
Joined: 30 Dec 2010, 12:24
Gender: Female

Re: ATOS Occupational Physician

Post by hotxbun »

Aprilaydee wrote:
hotxbun wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:
BT2010 wrote:you can ask for a copy of the report to be sent to you after your interview weather it be telephone or F2F.

it all depends on what your dom is asking, IE, fit for amended duties, candidate for IHR or whatever else.

i have found them fine up to press and none of my reports have supported the DOM, thats prob why he is reluctant to rerefer me again (as recomended in my last report). :nana
They asked me if I'd like a copy before I even asked!
Same here, but it didn't bear much resemblance to what had actually been discussed. 3 times ! :d'oh! And each time, their comments certainly weren't in MY favour. All a complete waste of time ...
But like I said in my other post, they read back to me what they were going to send to my manager and what I got in the post, was pretty much what was said, albeit worded a little better.
You're either lucky, or I'm just unlucky 'cos yes, they're read them back to me too at the time, but then they've hit the "insert Chinese whispers" button before it's got to the DOM or me in writing. Hasn't helped my "cause" one iota, hence 3 "interviews".