ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by Judgee »

BettySwollocks wrote:
BLACKHEART wrote:Having read various topics in different rooms with very little positvity and alot of negativity about the c.w.u..
would you stand by the union if they did ballot for strike action ?.
I STAND WITH THE C.W.U.
I've never crossed a picket line in 20 years,
and i've no intention of ever doing so, i think strike breakers are the scum of the earth,
but having said that, in my opinion striking doesn't work and i can't see that it ever will,
it's a waiting game that RM and the government are only too happy to play out,
how long can we last without wages Vs how long the public can go without their Ebay/Amazon, etc, etc.
striking undermines our public support, which i think is the one reason why we haven't been sold off already, so why jeopardize that ?
all it takes is for a mass work to rule, everyone start on time, take breaks, finish on time, work by the book,
we still get paid, so we can carry it on indefinitly.
why has this tactic never been used by CWU ? :roll:

It has been used it was called "doing the job properly" as they can't officially call it "work to rule". This failed because not enough of the workforce were prepared to follow it! :hmmmm
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by BELIAL »

"work to rule". This failed because not enough of the workforce were prepared to follow it!

Oh I don't know. In our office 2 out of 50 can cause utter chaos by doing the job correctly :wink:
Bye
BettySwollocks
Posts: 346
Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 16:12

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by BettySwollocks »

BELIAL wrote:
"work to rule". This failed because not enough of the workforce were prepared to follow it!

Oh I don't know. In our office 2 out of 50 can cause utter chaos by doing the job correctly :wink:
If 2 out of 50 can cause chaos, just imagine if it was the entire workforce nationwide,
and we'd still get paid !!
perstop tray
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 64
Joined: 10 Apr 2010, 18:30
Gender: Female

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by perstop tray »

:arrrghhh
Last edited by perstop tray on 26 Nov 2012, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by fishtank »

perstop tray wrote: I am totally in despair of what to do
Going on strike seems the wrong thing
Doing nowt seems the wrong thing
That's pretty much how the majority of members will feel right now.
HQ has a lot of work to do to convince members that any kind of industrial action is the right direction to go.
I am not sure the current leadership is up to it.
I'm not even sure if they are convinced it's the right thing.
Moral is rock bottom...the next 3 months are crucial...it's going to get messy. :nervous
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by dvbuk55 »

IMO the battle was lost in 2009 with the acceptance of the Interim Agreement, which was nothing if not a sop for the troops to go back to work before christmas.It had no substance and the subsequent 5 months of chattering brought nothing but even more obfuscation with an agreement that posed as many questions as it answered. The reason we are in the position we are is the failure of the CWU to grasp the underlying problems leading up to the dispute in the first place and instead of addressing THEM, shooting off on a tangent to fulfil RMs wish list.
brothermagrew
Posts: 3015
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
Gender: Male
Location: Shares a border with England to the south.

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by brothermagrew »

Come back to the darkside and rejoin the union ya auld goat :Very Happy :whistle :Very Happy
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by dvbuk55 »

brothermagrew wrote:Come back to the darkside and rejoin the union ya auld goat :Very Happy :whistle :Very Happy
Listen you heathen stop trying to undermine my determination to shun those who have let me down :Very Happy :Very Happy
brothermagrew
Posts: 3015
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
Gender: Male
Location: Shares a border with England to the south.

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by brothermagrew »

Who me heathen never I'm a good Ch. of Scot. Luddite :cool
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by dvbuk55 »

brothermagrew wrote:Who me heathen never I'm a good Ch. of Scot. Luddite :cool
There is no question in my mind everything north of hadrians wall is heathen, don't forget brother I have seen Braveheart - we built that wall to protect our sensibilities from ............well rude practices :shock:
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by BELIAL »

dvbuk55 wrote:
There is no question in my mind everything north of hadrians wall is heatheR,:shock:
Better
Bye
brothermagrew
Posts: 3015
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
Gender: Male
Location: Shares a border with England to the south.

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by brothermagrew »

dvbuk55 wrote:
brothermagrew wrote:Who me heathen never I'm a good Ch. of Scot. Luddite :cool
There is no question in my mind everything north of hadrians wall is heathen, don't forget brother I have seen Braveheart - we built that wall to protect our sensibilities from ............well rude practices :shock:
Brother dvbuk55 some parts north of hadrians wall includes parts of Cumbria and Northumberland now far be it for me a Jock to suggest that those brothers and sisters who fall within the English areas north of the wall are by default and by your criteria heathens as well.
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by dvbuk55 »

brothermagrew wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
brothermagrew wrote:Who me heathen never I'm a good Ch. of Scot. Luddite :cool
There is no question in my mind everything north of hadrians wall is heathen, don't forget brother I have seen Braveheart - we built that wall to protect our sensibilities from ............well rude practices :shock:
Brother dvbuk55 some parts north of hadrians wall includes parts of Cumbria and Northumberland now far be it for me a Jock to suggest that those brothers and sisters who fall within the English areas north of the wall are by default and by your criteria heathens as well.
Well I stand corrected Brothermagrew because I truly didn't realise part of England was North of the great divide between civilisation and barbarianism - then again we are talking Cumbria and Northumberland and what they do with livestock :shock: :chuckle
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by smokerjim »

brothermagrew wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
brothermagrew wrote:Who me heathen never I'm a good Ch. of Scot. Luddite :cool
There is no question in my mind everything north of hadrians wall is heathen, don't forget brother I have seen Braveheart - we built that wall to protect our sensibilities from ............well rude practices :shock:
Brother dvbuk55 some parts north of hadrians wall includes parts of Cumbria and Northumberland now far be it for me a Jock to suggest that those brothers and sisters who fall within the English areas north of the wall are by default and by your criteria heathens as well.
Brothers, it is quite simple to clear the air in this discussion, and I hope this solution is of some help. I am a simple soul but I was born in the county of Middlesex, within the confines of the Greater London Council. Within that metropolis I met people from almost every parish in this land ( as well as many more from other lands ), and with these experiences I gained valuable insight as to the nature of the natives of Albion, insights which it will now be my pleasure to henchforth share with you.....

"Yer know that M25, right? Anyfink norf ovvit, right, is a bloody norvenner.....flat caps, whippets, men in skirts, the whole shooting match, right? - civilisation as we know it, starts at Dover & stops at Garston in the norf & Ascot in the west ( although it cuts in a bit to exclude Slough, natch ), y'know wotta mean? Any decent Brit out of bounds, right, is to be celebrated, right, as they're on vital missionary work to convert the 'eathens in the sticks, right, into a decent way of life....a mission that works, right, due to the number of former 'eathens wot 'ave seen the light, right, and moved to civilisation inside the M25!"

I do hope that this will cease any potential hostilities between you, brothers - just let me know if my peacekeeper duties are required once again. :wink:
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
slowlife
Posts: 2
Joined: 27 Jun 2007, 22:19

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by slowlife »

I have red no posts in this thread, just the topic title.

I will stand by the CWU when my office rep represents everyone, not the just old boys on the easy rural jobs. The CWU is now an old boys club, clinging on to the old days, its an embarrassment.