ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?
-
sidewinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 348
- Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
- Gender: Male
Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?
If I was still in the job , no not a chance.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?
As things stand right now [and if I rejoined the union] definite no for strike action, pointless waste of time.
However, should Ward and Hayes mysteriously disappear off the face off the Earth and proper leadership takeover ie Someone with the courage and brainpower to get things done. Then I would be back in the union and vote a resounding yes!
The problem is, and it's an opinion generally shared around my office. The union have a habbit of giving in just when they get into a position to actually negotiate a sensible deal for the workforce.
Why would people strike now when going on past history, all it will achieve is a loss in wages for striking and ultimately RM will still end up getting whatever agreement they want!
However, should Ward and Hayes mysteriously disappear off the face off the Earth and proper leadership takeover ie Someone with the courage and brainpower to get things done. Then I would be back in the union and vote a resounding yes!
The problem is, and it's an opinion generally shared around my office. The union have a habbit of giving in just when they get into a position to actually negotiate a sensible deal for the workforce.
Why would people strike now when going on past history, all it will achieve is a loss in wages for striking and ultimately RM will still end up getting whatever agreement they want!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Exrep
- Posts: 1005
- Joined: 02 Oct 2009, 21:01
- Gender: Male
Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?
Yes but only for the right reasons and it is at this very precise time the CWU need to call a ballot with all the shananagins going on at present and the constant attack were are under.
This is the worse period I have encountered in all my years of working for R/M and I just wish someone would come out fighting for us from HQ.
This is the worse period I have encountered in all my years of working for R/M and I just wish someone would come out fighting for us from HQ.
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
-
Dushku2309
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 16:05
- Gender: Male
- Location: Liverpool. Moyeside
Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?
The only means I'd strike is if we stood a chance of winning. The last strike is still burning a hole in people's consciousness. When the public needed to know why we were striking, the COMMUNICATIONS workers Union fell short and we got no sympathy and the Royal Mail played on that.
Another reason, I'm doubtful I'll vote YES, is if it' over the closure of two London Mail Centres then the answer is a firm NO ! They've never supported the North West Mail centres over closures. Secondly, the Union will not lose a penny in funds, we'll have the days wage taken out, but the subscription will still stand. £3.11 a week @ 165,000 Postal members. = £513,000 and change, in profit every single week. We, as a union members collectively stand to lose a hell of a lot more for striking for one day!- Have they ever considered a strike fund for the people who put so much in but get so little back from this Union ? the Union bigwigs won't lose a days pay or sleep over this.
I'm out.
Another reason, I'm doubtful I'll vote YES, is if it' over the closure of two London Mail Centres then the answer is a firm NO ! They've never supported the North West Mail centres over closures. Secondly, the Union will not lose a penny in funds, we'll have the days wage taken out, but the subscription will still stand. £3.11 a week @ 165,000 Postal members. = £513,000 and change, in profit every single week. We, as a union members collectively stand to lose a hell of a lot more for striking for one day!- Have they ever considered a strike fund for the people who put so much in but get so little back from this Union ? the Union bigwigs won't lose a days pay or sleep over this.
I'm out.
-
post_bitch
- Posts: 913
- Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
- Gender: Female
Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?
i striked for 5 mins today !
Last edited by post_bitch on 24 Mar 2011, 19:08, edited 1 time in total.
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
modern
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 20 Mar 2010, 10:06
- Gender: Male
Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?
aye right f--- the union and all those tits that are still in itwhatamess!! wrote:I will stand by the CWU, if members are not happy with billy and co, leaving the CWU will change nothing, all it does it make things more difficult at local level. Stand up and be counted, you can't always turn the other cheek, get involved and be heard, stand up for your work colleagues, UNITY IS STRENGTH.
-
belle smith
- Posts: 1557
- Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
- Gender: Male
- Location: scotland
Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?
As one of those tits that voted no to the last 2 agreements......thanks very much.modern wrote:aye right f--- the union and all those tits that are still in itwhatamess!! wrote:I will stand by the CWU, if members are not happy with billy and co, leaving the CWU will change nothing, all it does it make things more difficult at local level. Stand up and be counted, you can't always turn the other cheek, get involved and be heard, stand up for your work colleagues, UNITY IS STRENGTH.
-
enzio
- Posts: 379
- Joined: 06 Mar 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Male
Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?
yes because now more then ever we need to stand together. because no matter what you think with out them they will walk all over us
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?
enzio wrote:yes because now more then ever we need to stand together. because no matter what you think with out them they will walk all over us
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?
Yes
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?
modern wrote:aye right f--- the union and all those tits that are still in itwhatamess!! wrote:I will stand by the CWU, if members are not happy with billy and co, leaving the CWU will change nothing, all it does it make things more difficult at local level. Stand up and be counted, you can't always turn the other cheek, get involved and be heard, stand up for your work colleagues, UNITY IS STRENGTH.
Well you not here to debate are youmodern wrote:you sound like you are a factory worker oh sorry a mail centre money grabbing dick
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?
Talk about closing the gate once the horse has bolted.enzio wrote:yes because now more then ever we need to stand together. because no matter what you think with out them they will walk all over us
Earth calling enzio, earth calling enzio, do you read me, enzio, over.
*NEWSFLASH*
The fookers have been walking all over us for the past 10 years, I repeat, the fookers have been walking all over us for the past 10 years.
-
Broxi51
- Posts: 1154
- Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 19:04
- Location: Scotland
Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?
Depends the reason. If i agree then I will vote yes, if not then no. As someone said already, the union were against colleague shares
and I attach no blame to them but they have f****d up badly with the workforce over the last agreement and I still despise those at the top table
but that goes for them at RM too. I dont trust either but the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
and I attach no blame to them but they have f****d up badly with the workforce over the last agreement and I still despise those at the top table
but that goes for them at RM too. I dont trust either but the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
The time has come to stop turning the other cheek, time to stop shaking our heads in bitter dismay, time to stop mumbling our angry words.
The time has come for union.
The time has come for union.
-
brothermagrew
- Posts: 3015
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Shares a border with England to the south.
Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?
YES
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
-
BettySwollocks
- Posts: 346
- Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 16:12
Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?
I've never crossed a picket line in 20 years,BLACKHEART wrote:Having read various topics in different rooms with very little positvity and alot of negativity about the c.w.u..
would you stand by the union if they did ballot for strike action ?.
I STAND WITH THE C.W.U.
and i've no intention of ever doing so, i think strike breakers are the scum of the earth,
but having said that, in my opinion striking doesn't work and i can't see that it ever will,
it's a waiting game that RM and the government are only too happy to play out,
how long can we last without wages Vs how long the public can go without their Ebay/Amazon, etc, etc.
striking undermines our public support, which i think is the one reason why we haven't been sold off already, so why jeopardize that ?
all it takes is for a mass work to rule, everyone start on time, take breaks, finish on time, work by the book,
we still get paid, so we can carry it on indefinitly.
why has this tactic never been used by CWU ?