ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by Caniel »

I am with the C.W.U. and will be at the gate in a heartbeat.
chunk
Posts: 957
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
Gender: Male

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by chunk »

By the way iv never crossed a picket line .
the cwu have squandered our loyalty
We want our commitment matched by the leadership .
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
BT2010
Posts: 352
Joined: 11 Feb 2011, 20:45
Gender: Male

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by BT2010 »

smokerjim wrote:
BT2010 wrote:im in.
yes vote.
at the gate.

people can moan all they like but going against the union will only serve to erode t&cs even further.

the tory gov is bound to be out to break any union that stands in their way but without them we are nothing.

ITS ALL ABOUT UNITY.
I applaud your attitude about unity :Applause ....BUT......there wasn't so much unity from BT2010, where the headline was "Winners ( FT union officials ) & Losers ( delivery staff & d2ds, PTs & FT hrs on PT pro rata, MC staff & their closures and redundencies, etc, etc )" We probably will get totally ass invaded by Dave, Gideon & the Tory Boys....but we haven't had much else from Allen, Adam, Lord M, Ed No-Balls & especially Billy & Dave Quisling

What would you do? Lose 2, 3, 4 or more days pay to get bent over, or keep the cash & take the pain?


lose 2,3,4 days money stood at the gate, the CMA members took the bait instead of making a stand and now it seems there are a few regrets.
picked a bad week to give up amphetamines :wink: unbelievable i watched it a couple of days ago too.
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by DirtyHarry »

BLACKHEART wrote:Having read various topics in different rooms with very little positvity and alot of negativity about the c.w.u..
would you stand by the union if they did ballot for strike action ?.
I STAND WITH THE C.W.U.
Not me, NO. I haven't got a damned thing to show for supporting the CWU these last 10 or more years, and if I drew up a list of what I've lost, I'd be here all night. 5th November 2009, to paraphrase President Roosevelt, "a day that will live in infamy," was the last time the CWU snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, and had me lose money I can ill afford, in order to make the said surrender.
Royal_Fail
Posts: 398
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 19:03
Gender: Male

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by Royal_Fail »

I have supported CWU during last 2-3 strike actions I left after the last pay cut they got me.

So no i will not support them again useless they seriously change their ways.
George door to dawes
Posts: 378
Joined: 19 Feb 2011, 17:48
Gender: Female

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by George door to dawes »

Can count on my vote even if its just to cause RM hassle for a change! :Very Happy CWU put too much stock in good will and broken promises last time but we cant stop believing the union can do good can we? staff voted in favour of the 2010 agreement so we cant just blame the cwu for screwing us over. We have all learnt a valuable lesson next time we just need to make sure everyone votes the right way!
hans solo
Posts: 3292
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by hans solo »

will not support cwu but will defend myself localy at least i can see the traitors im dealing with
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by POSTMAN »

The CWU asked for me to vote yes for the 2010 agreement,i ignored them and voted no.

I will not be standing by the CWU if i don't agree with them,i proved that at the ballot box.
I will stand by what is best for 'me and my colleagues',2010 agreement wasn't hense the no vote.
If the CWU ask for me to strike to stop CR's,(or something else that i feel will benefit me and my colleagues)then i will vote yes and i will strike.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by post_bitch »

i wont stand by anyone that labels me a loser id rather see there demise
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by Big Daz »

If there is a ballot for IA I will consider carefully my choice then vote accordingly, if I were to vote against IA but the outcome of the ballot is in favour of IA then I will respect and abide by that.

Dave and the PEC will need to be treading carefully on the whole issue of IA , members will not want any unpleasent/contreversial surprises being accepted.

I think at my D.O a yes vote for IA would be forthcoming.
belle smith
Posts: 1557
Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by belle smith »

Big Daz wrote:if I were to vote against IA but the outcome of the ballot is in favour of IA then I will respect and abide by that.
Thats about all i could back.
BT2010
Posts: 352
Joined: 11 Feb 2011, 20:45
Gender: Male

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by BT2010 »

belle, but what else is there? stand alone?

i respect your comments and i have read a lot of your stuff, but without unity surely we are nothing?
belle smith
Posts: 1557
Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by belle smith »

BT2010 wrote:belle, but what else is there? stand alone?

i respect your comments and i have read a lot of your stuff, but without unity surely we are nothing?
My problem is that if we vote to strike that i go into it expecting to get a bad deal.
It's easy to say on here that i'll vote no....it might be diffrent in practice.

My current attitude is that we are already stading alone, and a strike won't change that I now spend every day except tuesday cutting off.
as a reserve in an office with a wsm/delivery method revision, there is baerly an acheavable duty in my office, and most are not even close to acheavable. Most still start early and work through breaks.
there is a proposal to fix our office revision, the number of hours they are talking about wont actually fix it, and thats a blessing in disguise because if they did get it fixed indoors our delvery spans would be huge.
If we go on strike then there not even a pretence that any of this would be addressed and it wouldn't be.
labbloke
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 282
Joined: 03 Sep 2009, 05:11
Gender: Male

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by labbloke »

I work in a rather large office MC that at the moment is at breaking point and would seriously consider the question if put to them.

For myself as a relatively new colleague(p/t) I didnt receive those glorious pieces of Phantom nonsense, but I would vote to support my fellow workers, who seem to be more downtrodden every day.

Compulsory redundancies are a no no in my book.

Ps I pay my subs religously, and had them repaid tenfold recently by representation by a skilled rep who wrapped the boss up in knots over a potential disciplinary. I doubt an unrepresented colleague would have known how to do it alone.

Thank You :Applause
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by pinstripe »

chunk wrote: the cwu have squandered our loyalty
We want our commitment matched by the leadership .

I'm with Chunk on this.

If our leadership were as committed to our futures as we are to the CWU, we would be in a much stronger position.
But it is not only the leadership to blame, there is a spineless majority among the membership that accept any carrot dangled in front of them. I've lost too many times in the past, just to have this short sighted majority sell me short again.

I'll tell you something though...the CWU better have a Plan B!!!