ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
leave reserves and the "old folk"
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: leave reserves and the "old folk"
Pfft reserves are just a bunch of pikies anyway!

Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Wiggins79
- Posts: 182
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 11:25
- Gender: Male
Re: leave reserves and the "old folk"
Yeah, that's one of my pet hates too. You always get "why didn't you leave the parcel round back like John/ Sue whatever always does?" How the feck am I supposed to know to do that? Am I bleeding psychic? And besides, it's completely against the rules of the job to do it, and as soon as a parcel goes missing who is most likely to get the blame? That's right- the leave reserve. It gets on my nerves even more when I'm doing the weekly day-off cover and the regular comes back the day after their day off and looks to see what parcels are under the frame with a n/l on them and then berates me saying I've made the job hard for myself I could have left that parcel in no. 20's greenhouse- that parcel with their mother who lives 3 streets away, and that parcel in a tree in the park etc. etc.
-
feelikeadogsbody
- Posts: 66
- Joined: 02 Mar 2011, 09:07
- Gender: Male
- Location: down south
Re: leave reserves and the "old folk"
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:korky wrote:been a reserve for 6 years now, and cop a fair bit of abuse on the way, water off a ducks back to me usually.
but i really get PISSED OFF with old biddys!
today i got an ear bashing off some old fart for not knocking yesterday, i explained that i DID do it on purpose just so i can carry her precious parcel around for a few extra hours...NOT!
but said she's disgusted with me and royal mail as her regular posty would have saved it for her as he only lives a few hundred yards away, and she's reporting me!
feel like shitting in a bag and posting a special delivery to her!
Do you remember the address you may have found Calpsy in real life.
laughing out loud at that
when i am king you will be first against the wall
with your opinions which are of no consequence at all
anyway im cutting off
with your opinions which are of no consequence at all
anyway im cutting off
-
Izzy
- Posts: 125
- Joined: 10 Jan 2008, 23:09
Re: leave reserves and the "old folk"
I've just spent a week doing a rural while the dutyholder is on annual leave. Naturally enough I tried to leave a few packets in sheds or greenhouses. While wandering about the backs of properties I've found four packets left out on back steps or similar which had clearly been there a while judging by their appearance. Three def Royal Mail, one poss courier.
So the regular guy doesn't always do a better job imo.
So the regular guy doesn't always do a better job imo.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: leave reserves and the "old folk"
Isn't the above post a bit,well,you know. 
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Izzy
- Posts: 125
- Joined: 10 Jan 2008, 23:09
Re: leave reserves and the "old folk"
What's with the
?
The original post was a reserve complaining about a customer giving him grief & saying her usual postie knew where to leave packets. I'm a floater/reserve too and I hear a lot of moans from customers saying why didn't I leave packet with neighbour/in shed etc. like the usual postie. The assumtion is always that the usual postie's doing a better job. My point was that's not always the case eg on that rural I'm on the usual guy's been doorstepping packets in the rain, probably not putting a card through the letterbox so the customer hasn't found the packet. At least when I'm leaving packets I put 'em out of sight and out of the weather!
The original post was a reserve complaining about a customer giving him grief & saying her usual postie knew where to leave packets. I'm a floater/reserve too and I hear a lot of moans from customers saying why didn't I leave packet with neighbour/in shed etc. like the usual postie. The assumtion is always that the usual postie's doing a better job. My point was that's not always the case eg on that rural I'm on the usual guy's been doorstepping packets in the rain, probably not putting a card through the letterbox so the customer hasn't found the packet. At least when I'm leaving packets I put 'em out of sight and out of the weather!
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: leave reserves and the "old folk"
You don't get it Izzy do you. 
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
calpsy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
- Gender: Male
Re: leave reserves and the "old folk"
Im with you Izzy . Perfectly reasonable post getting shot to threads by people that should know better .POSTMAN wrote:You don't get it Izzy do you.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: leave reserves and the "old folk"
Is there a compliment in there somewhere? Shuuuuckscalpsy wrote:Im with you Izzy . Perfectly reasonable post getting shot to threads by people that should know better .POSTMAN wrote:You don't get it Izzy do you.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.