But no-one liked it (or voted for it) in the first place did they?fishtank wrote:It sounds like the whole deal is going up the wall.POSTMAN wrote: Chances are that could go up the wall.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
delivery methods
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: delivery methods
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: delivery methods
Oh yes - the glitterati liked it, never ceased to tell the membership what a good deal it was, how it ensured our future, despite less pay, longer walks, revisions to end all revisions - this was the real deal............they even went on a media visit to various areas to sell this very deal to a doubting membership and even entered into joint statements of intent with RM................................sooooooooooooooo yes some people drooled over it.clashcityrocker wrote:But no-one liked it (or voted for it) in the first place did they?fishtank wrote:It sounds like the whole deal is going up the wall.POSTMAN wrote: Chances are that could go up the wall.
-
jessicarabbit
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 19:57
- Gender: Female
Re: delivery methods
Because a company does not pay it staff a 'bonus' does that mean it's Business Strategy was wrong????? More likely the blame lies in the current financial climate. In our case we are probably over egging the pudding and trying to see stuff that isn't there. Delivery Methods is some ones idea at the very very top of RM and is fully endorsed by the CWU it is here to stay if it continues to not 'deliver' the money then Moya will swing her axe somewhere else but this is all we have got for now.
-
Himaggen
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40
Re: delivery methods
As fishtank has stated, the figures used are based on a model, it will not be often that the official figures are as low as that model weeks. The other major problem, and one which we've been complaining about for a few years now is that the traffic figures provided are far lower than the actual numbers. The CWU seems to have gone quiet over this which is especially surprising considering that both indoor and outdoor work is completely based on it. If you cannot agree the timings pre-revision based on a real-world test using genuine figures, agreed on by all parties then don't allow the process to proceed.skull wrote:We have got the prep time figures for walk sorted and for walk sequenced . When we get the percentage of walk sequenced against walk sorted some intermidiate times should be worked out .
Currently my duty prep times are 1hr 34 mins for walk sorted and 1 hr 15 mins for walk sequenced .
Take the empty test frame I mentioned before:
Get the walk-sort and throw it in, then remove that mail in order and bundle it back up and place it in the usual location for the incoming as sequenced.
Get the CWU Rep, a Manager, the Workplace Coach and an OPG who knows that frame.
Get the OPG to begin throwing in sequenced, sorted, flats and D2D, then packets and have the Rep or Coach do the timing and the other two counting everything.
Collate the timings etc. for your new schedule and also check the traffic figures against the official ones given for that duty. (Usually the packets are less than half the figure given and the mail count not much better either).
Use this basic one day test as your proof that a computer based system loaded with unrealistic timings and incorrect data, with no margins is not the best yardstick for formulating an entire companies future plans.
-
Stevey
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 16:46
- Gender: Male
Re: delivery methods
I work in the first Liverpool delivery office to have the full park and loop revision. We started on Monday of this week. Meal breaks are now split into two 20 minutes breaks and I reckon only about half of the posties are taking their 1st break at about 8 o clock. As far as I know everybody skips their 2nd break, seemingly in a mad panic to get out and complete duties in the alloted time. Quite why anyone would want to do up to 40 minutes of extra work every day for free is totally beyond me. If the workload is too big, then that is a management problem not your problem. We are not even doing the big packets yet and no way is door to door being done properly. As for the ten minutes for vehicle checks - people just aren't checking the vehicles because they haven't got time, because at all costs they've got to get out to their rounds and get the mail delivered to be able to complete and get back in time - right. Take a chill pill FFS.
Use of the golf trolley is supposed to be mandatory, but I don't think anyone is using one as they "slow you down". I overheard a comment the other day about only a faggot can't carry a bag. Well I'm not a faggot, I just don't want to get arthritis of the neck or spine when I'm 60, to say nothing of the extra wear and tear on knee and ankle joints. To be honest, I've mainly used a bag this week because I feel pressured into doing what everyone else is doing. I've only used the trolley on some of the bigger bags. But this is burning me up and from next week I'm doing the job as it should be done. It's tough luck if I upset whoever I'm with. They can either sit in the van and wait for me, do some of my loop, or better still use the trolley themselves and we'll cut off in order to get back in time. The annoying thing is I'm going to be the one who stands out for attention because I'm "slow" when in actual fact I'm doing the job as it should be done. If everyone else did the same it wouldn't be me that was the problem, it would be the new system. I can't get the image of Lemmings going over a cliff out of my head.
I'm questioning my own sanity here. Am I the weird one because I simply want to do the job as the employer dictates? - and taking my full (paid) meal breaks which the union negotiated for on my behalf (well above the 20 minute legal unpaid entitlement.)
Use of the golf trolley is supposed to be mandatory, but I don't think anyone is using one as they "slow you down". I overheard a comment the other day about only a faggot can't carry a bag. Well I'm not a faggot, I just don't want to get arthritis of the neck or spine when I'm 60, to say nothing of the extra wear and tear on knee and ankle joints. To be honest, I've mainly used a bag this week because I feel pressured into doing what everyone else is doing. I've only used the trolley on some of the bigger bags. But this is burning me up and from next week I'm doing the job as it should be done. It's tough luck if I upset whoever I'm with. They can either sit in the van and wait for me, do some of my loop, or better still use the trolley themselves and we'll cut off in order to get back in time. The annoying thing is I'm going to be the one who stands out for attention because I'm "slow" when in actual fact I'm doing the job as it should be done. If everyone else did the same it wouldn't be me that was the problem, it would be the new system. I can't get the image of Lemmings going over a cliff out of my head.
I'm questioning my own sanity here. Am I the weird one because I simply want to do the job as the employer dictates? - and taking my full (paid) meal breaks which the union negotiated for on my behalf (well above the 20 minute legal unpaid entitlement.)
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: delivery methods
So let me work this out,the Liverpool boys went out unofficial for what seemed like ages in 07 when they changed the start times right?
Now the same guys are f***ing up their revision by not doing the job properly?
Priceless!
Now the same guys are f***ing up their revision by not doing the job properly?
Priceless!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
skull
- Posts: 450
- Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: delivery methods
When I tell some of my p&l partners that I take my breaks and use a trolley , I watch out for the grimace on their face .It's worth going to work for and on Saturdays there are almost tears . I've worked with ten different posties on P&L and only three have reacted badly to me taking my breaks and using a trolley . One bag carrying postie didn't wait for me to return from my loop and moved the van about half a mile away , that ended up in raised voices with the rest of the day being a bit frosty . No one will hassle me into working my breaks or carrying bags , them days have long gone . Even though I know using a trolley and taking breaks is the right thing to do , I still feel compelled to justify it to posties who can't work out the benefits .
-
skull
- Posts: 450
- Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: delivery methods
A massive step forward at our office today , there was a joint management and union announcement . From Monday no one will be allowed to come in early and start throwing out their duties mail , after they stated the reasons why there was a round of applause from the posties with a bit of intelligence . This will effect about ten percent of the office numbties
.