I can't think of any other industry where the newstart gets given the hardest job.
Being a reserve should be an experienced f/t position and because it is a crappy job it should attract a supplementary payment.
RM pays o/t to people to do the job badly. Where is the sense in this?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New walk every day of the week
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: New walk every day of the week
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: New walk every day of the week
I'll second that - I think if reserves were offered even a small suplement then you would have volunteers rather than pressed men, I know it would be devise and against Union values of the same pay for the same but I still think the idea has merit. We already have paymnets for London, Outer Islands etc so why not one which recognises the extra knowledge a reserve needs to do the job effectively.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: New walk every day of the week
How would anybody gain this experience necessary to be an experienced reserve if you don't become a reserve until you are experienced?...by staying on one duty?
I agree that a new entrant should be kept on a duty for at least 12 weeks until they are fully up to speed with the job but after that it becomes self-defeating does it not?
There is not a great deal more you can learn after 12 weeks with a decent WPC by staying on the same duty.
I will say this though...i believe all reserve positions should be full-time...
I agree that a new entrant should be kept on a duty for at least 12 weeks until they are fully up to speed with the job but after that it becomes self-defeating does it not?
There is not a great deal more you can learn after 12 weeks with a decent WPC by staying on the same duty.
I will say this though...i believe all reserve positions should be full-time...
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
REDLETTER
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 748
- Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL
Re: New walk every day of the week
If you've only been there just over 4 months, then the DOMs and Linos will throw all the cr*p duties your way.............I'm afraid they see you as cannon fodder, if you stick it out, claim ALL the Overtime you are due, you may suddenly become a golden boy and given a run at a duty where someone is long term sick, or on 5 weeks holiday!!!Robtor wrote:I've been struggling big time this week, having been put on a different walk each day and I haven't done a single one of these before. Today I was blessed with a photo copy of a map which had half the route on it (next page had other half) and this walk was really messy as well as being huuuge. I signed out tonight at 5pm having left the DO at 10:45, and my part time hours are only up until 2pm. I can maybe deal with it but the annoyance is that the day before was the same, and tomorrow will be the same, as they aren't letting me just do the same walk for 2 bloody days.
Anyway my question is simply; aren't we supposed to be shown around new walks and what not? Today's was so fiddly that I spent a hell of a lot of time either back tracking or out right searching for where I was supposed to be. Seems the regular postie uses the odd sneaky path and stuff.
-
Pat Ostman
- Posts: 2797
- Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.
Re: New walk every day of the week
Never bothered the CWUagainst Union values of the same pay for the same
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
-
Bazman
- Posts: 60
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 21:15
- Gender: Male
Re: New walk every day of the week
A supplement for being a reserve would be awesome. I know 95% of the walks in my office and a good chunk of them in neighbouring offices
I'd be making like 800 quid a week.
I'd be making like 800 quid a week.
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: New walk every day of the week
Dream on.Bazman wrote:I'd be making like 800 quid a week.