ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

delivery methods

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: delivery methods

Post by dvbuk55 »

skull wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
skull wrote: .missing breaks - totally fruitless .
:left: :left: :left: :left: :left: :left: :left: :left: :left: Intentional or unintentional pun I don't care it made me smile.
unintentional . Though I do have fruit in my break , so my breaks are fruitful .

I'm going to stop going on this forum as much my wife is starting to get paranoid also having a stunning looking P&L buddy doesn't help put her mind at rest . :wink:
Handy having a stunning P&L and fruitful break..............not that there is any correlation of course Mrs Skull :cuppa
skull
Posts: 450
Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: delivery methods

Post by skull »

dvbuk55 wrote:
skull wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
skull wrote: .missing breaks - totally fruitless .
:left: :left: :left: :left: :left: :left: :left: :left: :left: Intentional or unintentional pun I don't care it made me smile.
unintentional . Though I do have fruit in my break , so my breaks are fruitful .

I'm going to stop going on this forum as much my wife is starting to get paranoid also having a stunning looking P&L buddy doesn't help put her mind at rest . :wink:
Handy having a stunning P&L and fruitful break..............not that there is any correlation of course Mrs Skull :cuppa
I don't really have a stunning p&l buddy , I'm just dropping red herrings becauase I can hear the cogs going round in unhappycumbria's head " who is skull :hmmmm " . Unhappycumbria works at my office but I haven't got a clue who it is :hmmmm . I did work with a cracker on p&l for one day , 20 years my junior , I had a spring in my step for the first 20 seconds then I blew it , it was just to much I couldn't keep up the pace . Anyway That's what I told the wife :angel .
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: delivery methods

Post by Big Daz »

So boys and girls if Skull's system were to gain RMl approval and RML said to CWU lets do it what would you want Dave and co to say?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: delivery methods

Post by dvbuk55 »

Big Daz wrote:So boys and girls if Skull's system were to gain RMl approval and RML said to CWU lets do it what would you want Dave and co to say?
Well I'd want Dave to say, "practice safe sex, and we are balloting for free condoms". :cuppa
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72774
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: delivery methods

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Big Daz wrote:So boys and girls if Skull's system were to gain RMl approval and RML said to CWU lets do it what would you want Dave and co to say?
Well I'd want Dave to say, "practice safe sex, and we are balloting for free condoms". :cuppa
But no GREEN rubber bands,. :so there :no no
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: delivery methods

Post by POSTMAN »

The agreement is in,it's trolleys by walleys,end of!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
skull
Posts: 450
Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: delivery methods

Post by skull »

Trolleys are our allies . How many hours of work would be created nationally if everyone used their trolleys ? , I would say tens of thousands , much to Royal Mails dissapointment and miscalculation. Then there's the healthier way of working which is another winner . We posties have the ball at our feet with this one and it would be madness to let it just pass us by .

Once we get rid of the old dinosaurs who still insist on carrying bags the old way of working will be laughed at or looked at in total shock , like the days when employers sent kids up chimneys or when engineers had snow ball fights with asbestos . It's going to take a long time because I don't beleive RM management have the conviction to press home any part of the 2010 agreement where they won't benefit . With the help of the union and posties common sence I'm hoping In 10 or 20 years we will be pointing out to new starters , photos of posties carrying massive bags and they will think what the f*ck , you used to do that .

Regarding delivery methods , our office as been a free for all since revision was introduced but this week the office managers have been stressing that everyone should be using the trolleys . Is it what they believe or is it just blah blah blah because it's in the brief ? . More posties more managers so you think it would be something they believe .
skull
Posts: 450
Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: delivery methods

Post by skull »

by skull » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:28 pm Regarding delivery methods , our office as been a free for all since revision was introduced but this week the office managers have been stressing that everyone should be using the trolleys . Is it what they believe or is it just blah blah blah because it's in the brief ?


We had an office brief today and it looks like the managers hollow words " trolleys must be used " are finally being replaced with a bit of conviction . Everyone on p&l has to sign a form stating that they know how to use a lwt , that they know the use of lwt is mandatory and they will use a lwt . Checks are going to be carried out and anyone caught carrying a bag ( except when delivering to flats etc ) will be taken down the disciplinary route .
We were also told that because we are having our recent revision revised that everyone should do the job to spec so they can pass the accurate information onto to our new and prepared to listen planner . It does look like we have got a decent planner this time , showing his face in the office and asking the opinion of us posties is a massive leap forward .

" You must use the trolleys and if you can't get finished on time just bring the remaining mail back , we need to know if the duties are to big " :Applause .
For the remaining two hours in the office before we were set free to deliver , I never heard one postie say " the trolleys are a pain in the arse , they slow you down " . Progress at last , I hope :pray .
.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: delivery methods

Post by Dorset Plodder »

It's the way it should be Skull. Good luck. :Applause
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
skull
Posts: 450
Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: delivery methods

Post by skull »

YESTERDAY.

. At the office WTL session the managers stressed " You must use the trolleys and if you can't get finished on time just bring the remaining mail back , we need to know if the duties are to big " :Applause .

. Everyone on p&l had to sign a form stating that they know how to use a lwt , that they know the use of lwt is mandatory and they will use a lwt . Checks are going to be carried out and anyone caught carrying a bag ( except when delivering to flats etc ) will be taken down the disciplinary route :Applause .

On the notice board in the revision of revision timetable , it's got in black and white that no pressure will be put on posties cutting off . :Applause

TODAY.

I couldn't believe my ears at the number of posties complaining that the trolleys are a pain in the arse ,they slow you down and the jobs going down hill :arrrghhh . Now I know that the majority of posties aren't the most intelligent people in the world , but for f*ck sake . So at the moment the trolleys are being used but with the majority of posties moaning :crazy: .

If I was the union rep at our place I think I would have thrown myself off a cliff by now .
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: delivery methods

Post by clashcityrocker »

skull wrote: If I was the union rep at our place I think I would have thrown myself off a cliff by now .
He did.

Image
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: delivery methods

Post by fishtank »

That's not a rep.....
A rep would be jumping off with his head up his DOM's arse...it would be a much easier jump than anybody else had and he definitely wouldn't be jumping on a saturday.
...and he would be eating a pie. :wink:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
skull
Posts: 450
Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: delivery methods

Post by skull »

No it's not a rep it's one of our lot taking a short cut so they can finish five minutes earlier . :chuckle
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: delivery methods

Post by gb93 »

fishtank wrote:That's not a rep.....
A rep would be jumping off with his head up his DOM's arse...it would be a much easier jump than anybody else had and he definitely wouldn't be jumping on a saturday.
...and he would be eating a pie. :wink:
:chuckle
You missed the glaring flaw that proves it's not a rep jumping
Reps have wings because they are always feathering their own nest :cuppa
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
skull
Posts: 450
Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: delivery methods

Post by skull »

From tomorrow posties who come into work early will not be allowed to start throwing out their duties mail . Posties coming in early will be told to go to the canteen until their official start time :nana . In the last three weeks the office management have really started pushing ahead in making sure the job is done properly :Applause . Our union rep has always tried to convince posties on how the job should be done but it's the change in the office managers that's really shocking . Most understand that it's in everybody's long term interest to see the job done right but we still have a few posties that will never be convinced . One comment " I will never use a trolley and if I end up going down the road because of it , I don't care because the jobs f**ked " .