I'm guessing islfor's post isn't entirely serious..I hope. Anyway, another suspiciously light day meant that I was able to take out the remaining 200 census forms and I am now census free.arty_morty wrote:3 hours un-paid overtime?bringon4dayweeks wrote:islfor wrote:Delivered all census today on my day off, went in 3hrs early at 4am, could'nt wait until Tuesday to get them done now I have a census free week the weight was not an issue on my rural delivery because I used my own 4x4 vehicle, I bumped into the floater doing my round in my van while I was delivering Census for free.
I LOVE ROYAL MAIL![]()
![]()
yes
ROYAL MAIL LOVES YOU
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
-
wiganpostie
- Posts: 670
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
- Gender: Male
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
-
kitkatchunky
- Posts: 217
- Joined: 04 Jun 2010, 16:00
- Gender: Male
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
Still not come in manager blaming Preston mail centre.
-
thevardinator
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 16:21
- Gender: Male
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
I believe ours may have arrived this afternoon, either way a shambles. Should have arrived Monday, the office would have been near enough clear by now.
STAND TOGETHER IN THE FIGHT.
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
Went from one extreme to the frakking other today, all of 'em chucked out. There was no mail so I was able to walk in, bag up, and deliver all bar one road within my time. Am sick of the sight of the frakkers so am glad they're gone.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
Of yesterday so my delivery went out on OT. Of course very little census mail went with it when they should have taken a third
Got out early and cleared all but a handfull. Took 4hr 45 min though
Got out early and cleared all but a handfull. Took 4hr 45 min though
Last edited by krussel on 08 Mar 2011, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
followed bytaurus88 wrote:Walked in this morning, 0 censuses prepped. Left a quarter of a row of my walk, barely took any censuses. Was warned that it was MY responsibility to get them done by the end of Wednesday - told the manager to frak off. Spoke to the union rep and the 2ic. Am severely pissed off, may well hand my notice in tomorrow. This job is just utter wank and I'm sick of the c*nts.
Proves that if you fight your corner it will work. Problem is we should not have to and the fact that its constant fighting thats need is a ball ache (sorry ladies)taurus88 wrote:Went from one extreme to the frakking other today, all of 'em chucked out. There was no mail so I was able to walk in, bag up, and deliver all bar one road within my time. Am sick of the sight of the frakkers so am glad they're gone.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
George door to dawes
- Posts: 378
- Joined: 19 Feb 2011, 17:48
- Gender: Female
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
I got given ONE census letter so far this week...... it was a missort and wasnt even for my walk!
thanks to this amazing forum i have known about the census letters for weeks now and have done 2 days OT in the hope of clearing most of them on the lightest days of the week. Why cant Royal mail pull their finger out and actually sort something out in a timely fashion for once? Its a joke that such a important contract is being treated in such a haphazard way
thanks to this amazing forum i have known about the census letters for weeks now and have done 2 days OT in the hope of clearing most of them on the lightest days of the week. Why cant Royal mail pull their finger out and actually sort something out in a timely fashion for once? Its a joke that such a important contract is being treated in such a haphazard way
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
ours came in monday 7th but we're not starting to deliver them till monday 14th then 3 days to do them can't quite nderstand why we can't start taking them now spread over 7 days it would be so much easier
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
Are you in NI??glenfiddich wrote:ours came in monday 7th but we're not starting to deliver them till monday 14th then 3 days to do them can't quite nderstand why we can't start taking them now spread over 7 days it would be so much easier
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Himaggen
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
In our WTLL session we were told that our census forms are coming in tomorrow' We were informed that we have up until the end of next week to deliver. (10 days @ 10% per day).
-
johnnyrocker
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 19:01
- Gender: Male
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
Managed to deliver another 50 today thats 51 in total now. Was told by line manager that the other 500 odd will have to be delivered tomorrow.
To morrow is gonna be fun its either the census and nothing else or no census and tomorrows work.....Aint done OT in 5 years dont think i will start again now.
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
Took out about 90% of my Census letters.... just over 500 I guess and this morning was told that "as it was so 'light' the census made the workload up to a normal Wednesday and as such I wouldn't be paid my claimed for 45 minutes of extended. BTW I had 5 d2d. The DOM looked at me like I was the laziest bastar'd in the world. What can I say???? I believe that the Union Rep is on the case but XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Sorry had to delete the rest as it would probably get me into trouble as I'm typing it with steam coming out of my ears I'm so angry and pissed off at this specific DOM who always seems to get away with treating decent honest posties like sh*t.
Sorry had to delete the rest as it would probably get me into trouble as I'm typing it with steam coming out of my ears I'm so angry and pissed off at this specific DOM who always seems to get away with treating decent honest posties like sh*t.
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
Indy, just refuse to to do any OT - if you think you are going to go over, grab a reliable mate or the rep, take them to the lineo / DOM, say "Sorry boss, I don't think I will be able to complete today....I'll try me best, but I might have to bring some back." If he asks why, just say you're sick of fightin to be paid for OT that is legitamately claimed for and it will be easier to just not do any OT. If you have a brass neck then go for your MR, then make sure you get conveyed to your delivery ( either by crew bus or self convey ), then work out what time / place you need to break off at to be sure you get back to the office with 10 mins to spare ( time for you to have your bags back at your bench / manager's office, clear missorts, bring card & 739s to the RLE, go for a slash, wash your hands, have the remainder of your MR etc, etc )Indy wrote:Took out about 90% of my Census letters.... just over 500 I guess and this morning was told that "as it was so 'light' the census made the workload up to a normal Wednesday and as such I wouldn't be paid my claimed for 45 minutes of extended. BTW I had 5 d2d. The DOM looked at me like I was the laziest bastar'd in the world. What can I say???? I believe that the Union Rep is on the case but XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Sorry had to delete the rest as it would probably get me into trouble as I'm typing it with steam coming out of my ears I'm so angry and pissed off at this specific DOM who always seems to get away with treating decent honest posties like sh*t.
In short, if your DOM wants to be a petty wee shite, then let him know you know how to play that game as well
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
loopz
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 07 Nov 2010, 12:22
- Gender: Female
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
580 in 2 days and got myself an hours docket....Kerching
-
Eric Cantona
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
- Gender: Male
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
Some Numpties won't learn you still go over your time. RM would F**k you right off if you done anything wrong. All I can say is some of you must desperate for money...