Hope you filled in a docket.johnnyrocker wrote:We had 25000 turn up. Managed to deliver one item......
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
loopz
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 07 Nov 2010, 12:22
- Gender: Female
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
I know it's terrible, cannot stand this every ten years Grrrrrr....
FFs theyre a piece of piss to sort... yeh theyre quite heavy but mon-tues of late have been dead on the mail front...
sometimes you just gotta get on with it eh!!!!
Head down arse up!!!!!!
On my way rejoicing

FFs theyre a piece of piss to sort... yeh theyre quite heavy but mon-tues of late have been dead on the mail front...
sometimes you just gotta get on with it eh!!!!
Head down arse up!!!!!!
On my way rejoicing
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
I'm sure they are a piece of piss to sort, but we part-timers aren't paid to sort them. Personally, I don't have light Mondays or Tuesdays. I manage to get all of the work I am given into my five hours on a day-by-day basis, sometimes on a bit of a hope and a prayer as it is. Every day I have lots of packets, so there are no 'light days'. There is no extra capacity within my hours to sort and deliver census mail. So I don't give a frak how easy other people find it to be.loopz wrote:I know it's terrible, cannot stand this every ten years Grrrrrr....
FFs theyre a piece of piss to sort... yeh theyre quite heavy but mon-tues of late have been dead on the mail front...
sometimes you just gotta get on with it eh!!!!
Head down arse up!!!!!!
On my way rejoicing![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
They're taking the pisss out of you, mate.NEmallard wrote:taurus88 wrote:Alright, alright, this is the beginning of the week in which managers prove they have no planning skills whatsoever . . . oh, no, that was proven the day God made the sun and the sky, wasn't it? Okay, okay. This is the week that an already omnipresent sense of the shambolic evolves into a state of supermassiveness. Many of us are being told that we must deliver 80kg worth of flats over a three-day period, on walks that are already testing our hours to the limit. So, what madness awaits?
I'm predicting that they won't even prep any of the censuses for my walk ready for when I walk in the door. I'm predicting arguments with managers. I'm predicting desperation from managers when I tell them my intentions, which are entirely self-centred 98.5% of the time. I'm predicting idiots coming in even earlier than they usually do to help them keep abreast of the greater than normal workload. I'm predicting chaos around the country as well. It will be a great week.
Me? I'm looking forward to it. You've gotta have a bit of fun in your life.
We been told in our DO , we only have two days to do them, with the third day being used to send mis-sorts etc etc, back to our sorting office.
I dunno, anyone one would think we were back in the days pre-SDD.
Mine will take as long as it takes. Should be all done by close of play on Friday, and in this feckin' day and age, that's good going, I can tell ya.
-
islfor
- Posts: 380
- Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 19:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
Delivered all census today on my day off, went in 3hrs early at 4am, could'nt wait until Tuesday to get them done now I have a census free week the weight was not an issue on my rural delivery because I used my own 4x4 vehicle, I bumped into the floater doing my round in my van while I was delivering Census for free.
I LOVE ROYAL MAIL
I LOVE ROYAL MAIL
-
kitkatchunky
- Posts: 217
- Joined: 04 Jun 2010, 16:00
- Gender: Male
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
Ours didn't turn up today doh.
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
Never mind. When they do eventually turn up you will have three, yes count them, one, two, three, days to deliver 'em. Enjoy.kitkatchunky wrote:Ours didn't turn up today doh.
-
loopz
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 07 Nov 2010, 12:22
- Gender: Female
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
taurus88 wrote:I'm sure they are a piece of piss to sort, but we part-timers aren't paid to sort them. Personally, I don't have light Mondays or Tuesdays. I manage to get all of the work I am given into my five hours on a day-by-day basis, sometimes on a bit of a hope and a prayer as it is. Every day I have lots of packets, so there are no 'light days'. There is no extra capacity within my hours to sort and deliver census mail. So I don't give a frak how easy other people find it to be.loopz wrote:I know it's terrible, cannot stand this every ten years Grrrrrr....
FFs theyre a piece of piss to sort... yeh theyre quite heavy but mon-tues of late have been dead on the mail front...
sometimes you just gotta get on with it eh!!!!
Head down arse up!!!!!!
On my way rejoicing![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
I also deliver packets for 2 walks as well as having on of if not THE heaviest walk in the office, come on be positive it's a job for FFS sometimes you got to break a sweat you know......
Dont you walk get chucked in if your PT?
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
You deliver packets because it's part of your duty and your duty hours. I get 25 hours and am lucky if the mech is thrown in. Then I've got 4 d2ds to prep. On the biggest walk in my area of the office (578 delivery points, not a one of them terraced - widely considered to be a 'bit of a bastard'). Then I walk in this morning to no censuses being prepped and one mech bundle not prepped. Is it any surprise that I went mad (quite literally)? I don't personally give a frak any more - they don't so why should I start caring? I'm going to make their lives hell by cutting off every day this week. I've put the extra effort in in the past, but why should I bother? Gaffers always want us to do the hard miles but we never get any back in return. I could have micro-managed this situation competently, so why the hell couldn't they - between the seven of them (yes, SEVEN)?loopz wrote:I also deliver packets for 2 walks as well as having on of if not THE heaviest walk in the office, come on be positive it's a job for FFS sometimes you got to break a sweat you know......taurus88 wrote:I'm sure they are a piece of piss to sort, but we part-timers aren't paid to sort them. Personally, I don't have light Mondays or Tuesdays. I manage to get all of the work I am given into my five hours on a day-by-day basis, sometimes on a bit of a hope and a prayer as it is. Every day I have lots of packets, so there are no 'light days'. There is no extra capacity within my hours to sort and deliver census mail. So I don't give a frak how easy other people find it to be.loopz wrote:I know it's terrible, cannot stand this every ten years Grrrrrr....
FFs theyre a piece of piss to sort... yeh theyre quite heavy but mon-tues of late have been dead on the mail front...
sometimes you just gotta get on with it eh!!!!
Head down arse up!!!!!!
On my way rejoicing![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Dont you walk get chucked in if your PT?
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1540
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
They came in nice boxes though - took mine home for storage.
-
Tank
- Posts: 206
- Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 12:15
- Gender: Male
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
Ours didnt turn up today, but was silly busy for a monday! 3 and half trays of walksorted 6 boxes of flats and around 20 packets! 
-
postman1
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
2 days for us......JOKE......!!!
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
Got ~45% of the cencus delivered yesterday albeit I went over, but that was down to my double-prepper not having enough time around their driving duty, so the rest of the week I've taken up the offer of o/t prep. Delivering them by loops, combined with D2Ds (to minimise call rate), makes for bonkers size/weight bundles (over twice typical size for some loops and a damn sight heavier).
Certainly brought up some "intresting" points on my walk yesterday... A few businesses randomly receiving cencus; flats above some businesses I never knew existed; flats I thought existed above some shops which now they tell me don't exist. The worrying thing is that it is not as if I got this duty recently!
Certainly brought up some "intresting" points on my walk yesterday... A few businesses randomly receiving cencus; flats above some businesses I never knew existed; flats I thought existed above some shops which now they tell me don't exist. The worrying thing is that it is not as if I got this duty recently!
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
islfor wrote:Delivered all census today on my day off, went in 3hrs early at 4am, could'nt wait until Tuesday to get them done now I have a census free week the weight was not an issue on my rural delivery because I used my own 4x4 vehicle, I bumped into the floater doing my round in my van while I was delivering Census for free.
I LOVE ROYAL MAIL
-
arty_morty
- Posts: 282
- Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
3 hours un-paid overtime?bringon4dayweeks wrote:islfor wrote:Delivered all census today on my day off, went in 3hrs early at 4am, could'nt wait until Tuesday to get them done now I have a census free week the weight was not an issue on my rural delivery because I used my own 4x4 vehicle, I bumped into the floater doing my round in my van while I was delivering Census for free.
I LOVE ROYAL MAIL![]()
![]()
yes
ROYAL MAIL LOVES YOU
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.