Am I stating the obvious when I say I think an opportunist has seen the receipt still attached to the parcel and assumed a claim will not be made on it and just taken it.
I have been to the PO before and had to ask for my receipt when sending a recorded item, on a couple of occasions in fact, so it isn't unknown.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
No receipt for Special Delivery
-
realitybites
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
- Gender: Male
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: No receipt for Special Delivery
TA, Taunton, postcode.hubbahubba wrote:Which mailcentre does bridgewater come under,Bristol maybe?Find out,and try and get hold of the priority services locker at that MC,as they scan the barcodes at the mailcentre,before bagging them off to dispatch to the DO.As they have scanned the barcode,i would of thought there MAY be some sort of record of it passing through,if it got that far?
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: No receipt for Special Delivery
Thats a bit cynical isn't it???realitybites wrote:Am I stating the obvious when I say I think an opportunist has seen the receipt still attached to the parcel and assumed a claim will not be made on it and just taken it.
Has the OP stated anywhere that the item is 'of value'?
Also I've seen many an SD that has the receipt attached to the item but the customer has the item number.