ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

d2ds if the customer only knew

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: d2ds if the customer only knew

Post by fishtank »

Fishyfingers wrote:Local agreement in my office is throw d2d off on a Monday deliver where your going till Friday when you clear your frame of any that's left,works fine for us and everyone seems to do their share.Any left overs have to be reported to the D2D centre and signed of by the Dom
Where the hell do you find the time to throw them all off on a Monday? :shock:
I usually take about 20 minutes to throw in 1/6th...about 100 calls( if there's 3 or 4 ave.).
That would be 2hrs solid to prep the lot. :crazy:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: d2ds if the customer only knew

Post by Indy »

taurus88 wrote:in our office it's common to throw them all in to the fitting at the start of the week and take them where you are going (which is, no matter what Royal Mail might think, the best way to do them, as it ensures 50% to 60% of them get done on the light days,
Eh??? thats not right surely? on light days (by definition) there isn't much mail so there are going to be large number of gaps where you aren't going SO on the light Mondays and Tuesdays most of it stays in the frame till the heavy days where your going to more of your drops hence you take more of the d2d... SURELY! Which kinda sounds silly to me!

BTW I do ALL of mine on a Monday and mop up on Tuesdays if I have to. Get the buggers out of the way and done!
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: d2ds if the customer only knew

Post by taurus88 »

clashcityrocker wrote:If you have roughly the same number left over every week, it probably means the A+ is wrong.
I never have the same number left over. I've got three lots this week. One, I have exactly the right amount. Two, I have three left over. Three, I have fifteen left over. I just don't get it.
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: d2ds if the customer only knew

Post by DirtyHarry »

The bigger a pain in the asss that Door2Dustbins become, the more that posties will treat them like the undoubted shyte they are.
Simples.
L8Hatter
Posts: 191
Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 13:26
Gender: Male

Re: d2ds if the customer only knew

Post by L8Hatter »

Aren't we not supposed to deliver to businesses/schools etc? There's about 20 on my round, which is why I always have some left over
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: d2ds if the customer only knew

Post by clashcityrocker »

L8Hatter wrote:Aren't we not supposed to deliver to businesses/schools etc? There's about 20 on my round, which is why I always have some left over
It depends. Some say all delivery points. Some say residential only.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
SWIM
Posts: 425
Joined: 11 Jan 2010, 20:33
Gender: Male

Re: d2ds if the customer only knew

Post by SWIM »

clashcityrocker wrote:
L8Hatter wrote:Aren't we not supposed to deliver to businesses/schools etc? There's about 20 on my round, which is why I always have some left over
It depends. Some say all delivery points. Some say residential only.
I've always been under impression they were residential only. :hmmmm
'deal of the century' - dingo
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: d2ds if the customer only knew

Post by clashcityrocker »

taurus88 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:If you have roughly the same number left over every week, it probably means the A+ is wrong.
I never have the same number left over. I've got three lots this week. One, I have exactly the right amount. Two, I have three left over. Three, I have fifteen left over. I just don't get it.
They don't count them. They weigh them. Two or three out is irrelevant.
If you are constantly 50 short or 50 over, there is a problem somewhere and it should be flagged up.
If the A+ is wrong, Georoute is wrong.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: d2ds if the customer only knew

Post by DGP1 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
taurus88 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:If you have roughly the same number left over every week, it probably means the A+ is wrong.
I never have the same number left over. I've got three lots this week. One, I have exactly the right amount. Two, I have three left over. Three, I have fifteen left over. I just don't get it.
They don't count them. They weigh them. Two or three out is irrelevant.
If you are constantly 50 short or 50 over, there is a problem somewhere and it should be flagged up.
If the A+ is wrong, Georoute is wrong.
FFS sometimes mine are over by dozens and sometime under by dozens but then as I leave mine under the frame all week it could be that people come and add to or take from my stock.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
beeswax
Posts: 19
Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 09:52
Gender: Male

Re: d2ds if the customer only knew

Post by beeswax »

DGP1 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
taurus88 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:If you have roughly the same number left over every week, it probably means the A+ is wrong.
I never have the same number left over. I've got three lots this week. One, I have exactly the right amount. Two, I have three left over. Three, I have fifteen left over. I just don't get it.
They don't count them. They weigh them. Two or three out is irrelevant.
If you are constantly 50 short or 50 over, there is a problem somewhere and it should be flagged up.
If the A+ is wrong, Georoute is wrong.
FFS sometimes mine are over by dozens and sometime under by dozens but then as I leave mine under the frame all week it could be that people come and add to or take from my stock.


jesus! ask your DOM to get IB involved :shock:
gazzariah
Posts: 126
Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 13:20
Gender: Male

Re: d2ds if the customer only knew

Post by gazzariah »

ditto
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: d2ds if the customer only knew

Post by not me »

Fishyfingers wrote:Local agreement in my office is throw d2d off on a Monday deliver where your going till Friday when you clear your frame of any that's left,works fine for us and everyone seems to do their share.Any left overs have to be reported to the D2D centre and signed of by the Dom

thats fine for some frames.my old walk was 900 calls,all double slotted and flats
its not really practical to pick out around the D2D's
deekin
Posts: 34
Joined: 25 May 2010, 15:11
Gender: Male

Re: d2ds if the customer only knew

Post by deekin »

A few neighbours on my round seem to have rebelled and they put all their d2ds in the postbox on the corner every week.
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: d2ds if the customer only knew

Post by RedBagMan »

As required (!), I counted my excess this week - about 230. Divide that by the 2 D2Ds I had - and you get 115. My walk is 607 drops - I didn't work my day off this week :hmmmm
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: d2ds if the customer only knew

Post by Indy »

RedBagMan wrote:As required (!), I counted my excess this week - about 230. Divide that by the 2 D2Ds I had - and you get 115. My walk is 607 drops - I didn't work my day off this week :hmmmm
We get that here as well! so its a your word against mine which the duty holder always loses as it has to go out. if it happened regularly then maybe something could be done.