MegaWalk wrote:Dunno if this has reached many DO's yet - but in our area peeps now start at 7am and work on the P&L basis until approx 3pm.
That means later deliveries for most ( if not all ) punters - no real opportunities to "finish early" and yet some still come in early.
There's no doubt the early start / early finish attitude has now gone from our DO anyhow.
Probably likely to happen some time at most offices.
When it was "job and knock" you couldn't really blame anyone for wanting to get out and finish asap.
Times have now definitely changed - what advantage would starting early bring nowadays with P&L ?
If you still have it in your office - enjoy it while it lasts. It will change sooner or later.
Good luck.
ABSOLUTELY NO ADVANTAGE mate .
THATS MY POINT ! ! I will do it untill it happens but been told it WONT happen .
calpsy wrote:IF you were allowed to finish when you posted last letter WOULD you ask for more to do until your finishing time ???? They wont answer cos if they DID they would embarrass themselves so dont hold your breath .
Well WHEN i was allowed to ie. when we had job and finish i went home, and on busy days i worked on.
Now i return to the office almost always on time on rare occasions early.
Happy to work my hours, don't feel obliged to do OT, even for customers even to ensure they recieve there Christmas presents.
calpsy i'm not embaressed.
POSTMAN wrote:1st one Jim,if there is a signing on sheet they are insured (from a area H&S rep)
But are they insured from the point they sign in or from their start time....for example I tend to roll in anytime from 10 - 40mins early, I sign in ( giving my official start time ), go off for a fag, make a coffee, and generally act like a lineo ( staying the f*ck away from the work ) until it's my time to start. Would I be covered, if something happened, say a major incident like a fire? I'm not officially there, but I've signed in to prove I am, and nothing has been officially said along the lines of "Jim, sod off & stop coming in to the office before your start time."
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
MegaWalk wrote:Dunno if this has reached many DO's yet - but in our area peeps now start at 7am and work on the P&L basis until approx 3pm.
That means later deliveries for most ( if not all ) punters - no real opportunities to "finish early" and yet some still come in early.
There's no doubt the early start / early finish attitude has now gone from our DO anyhow.
Probably likely to happen some time at most offices.
When it was "job and knock" you couldn't really blame anyone for wanting to get out and finish asap.
Times have now definitely changed - what advantage would starting early bring nowadays with P&L ?
If you still have it in your office - enjoy it while it lasts. It will change sooner or later.
Good luck.
ABSOLUTELY NO ADVANTAGE mate .
THATS MY POINT ! ! I will do it untill it happens but been told it WONT happen .
it will happen ,and the nobheads at our office still come in early still throw in d2d in their own time
what a shower of shite
when i am king you will be first against the wall
with your opinions which are of no consequence at all
anyway im cutting off
Well i agree with you feelikeadogsbody . IF P&L arrived then it wouldnt make sense to come in early cos your not gonna finish earlier so you ARE working for nothing .
AGAIN if it DOES happen then its normal hours for me ................. BUT IT WONT ! ! ! ! ! But if it does .........
POSTMAN wrote:1st one Jim,if there is a signing on sheet they are insured (from a area H&S rep)
But are they insured from the point they sign in or from their start time....for example I tend to roll in anytime from 10 - 40mins early, I sign in ( giving my official start time ), go off for a fag, make a coffee, and generally act like a lineo ( staying the f*ck away from the work ) until it's my time to start. Would I be covered, if something happened, say a major incident like a fire? I'm not officially there, but I've signed in to prove I am, and nothing has been officially said along the lines of "Jim, sod off & stop coming in to the office before your start time."
He said he goes for a fag and stays away from working. I come to work about the same time in earliness. I do not WORK during that time though like Jim. If he is like me he does it to settle down before he starts work rather than rush to work.
World of difference.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
I can quote lots of reasons why you should not come in early,
but you are only a fool to yourself if you think you can get away with it for long!
Far too many people still have this job & knock mentality, you've got to get it out of
your brain.
Your duty start time is your start time, and your duty finish time is your finish time, simple!
Wait till we are privatised, and see what happens....
______________________________________________________________
THRRPPPP..... Now 'JOG ON' you dizzy DOM
Pat Ostman wrote:He said he goes for a fag and stays away from working. I come to work about the same time in earliness. I do not WORK during that time though like Jim. If he is like me he does it to settle down before he starts work rather than rush to work.
Pat Ostman wrote:He said he goes for a fag and stays away from working. I come to work about the same time in earliness. I do not WORK during that time though like Jim. If he is like me he does it to settle down before he starts work rather than rush to work.
World of difference.
40 minutes to 'settle down'?
come on.
Takes that amount of time for the roofies to kick in
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Pat Ostman wrote:He said he goes for a fag and stays away from working. I come to work about the same time in earliness. I do not WORK during that time though like Jim. If he is like me he does it to settle down before he starts work rather than rush to work.
World of difference.
40 minutes to 'settle down'?
come on.
Yep, I like a brew & a few smokes before I start, gives me a chance to scope out how sh*t the day will be, maybe pop into the bagel shop after it opens at 6-ish and dont forget, I'm PT, so to have a chance of half decent parking space it helps to turn up so early ( especially as other early workers have shocking parking "skills" ), but no matter how bored out of my box I get ( like this morning ) I do jack all for RM untill RM start paying me for it.
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Pat Ostman wrote:He said he goes for a fag and stays away from working. I come to work about the same time in earliness. I do not WORK during that time though like Jim. If he is like me he does it to settle down before he starts work rather than rush to work.
World of difference.
40 minutes to 'settle down'?
come on.
Takes that amount of time for the roofies to kick in
Oi, insult me again & I'll punch your clock....NEVER call me a manager again!!!
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!