this is the sort of thing that has caused the park & loop shyte in the first place. we have to stay to our finishing time which unfortunately now stands at 3.05pm. so as you say, it is stupid to come in early NOW(at our office and many more that are now doing p&l) but, rm only ever see someone like yourself as someone who needs to have some more added to your delivery. they do not take into account, the fact, that you come in early,....or people that also, on top of this, do not take their breaks, and in some offices, can still use their own cars. all these factors added together, can give you up to TWO HOURS head start on colleagues who do the job properly. this is what makes them think they can take hours out of the office, make you do more, lapse duties etc etc. yes you may have heard it all a thousand times mate, but believe you me, if you get park and loop, then you can kiss your early finishes goodbye. the c***s have got our lives TAKEN. and its all down to the way you are working.calpsy wrote:In our office and the ones either side of it ( postcodes ) We all finish when we post last letter .
I understand that someone who comes in early and has to work till their hours WOULD be stupid . As i dont then i dont understand the problem some people have .
I start half an hour early i finish half an hour earlt . SIMPLES ! !
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Why start early?
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Why start early?
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Why start early?
Personally, I go in 24 hours early and finish 24 hours early. I'm better than all of you.
I use roller blades, an invisible car, bottomless bags. And, consequently, I have managed to get three duties lapsed in my office - and the three people who were sacked are all people I don't like!
R.E.S.U.L.T.
I use roller blades, an invisible car, bottomless bags. And, consequently, I have managed to get three duties lapsed in my office - and the three people who were sacked are all people I don't like!
R.E.S.U.L.T.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16726
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Why start early?
I go in 48hrs early on Saturday to make sure I get a flyer for the weekend.

The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: Why start early?
Well I go in a year early for no pay,and if I've worked it out right ,I'll be retiring at 74 when the rest of you have to work till 75,jeez mugs. Oh but everyone else in my office has been made redundant 
Bye
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Why start early?
some blokes in our office used to go in so early, that they used to meet themselves on the 'way out, coming back',....but not anymore. P&L has arrivedclashcityrocker wrote:I go in 48hrs early on Saturday to make sure I get a flyer for the weekend.![]()
-
Eric Cantona
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Why start early?
When these idiots come in early and go out early and finish early whether or not they have done their absorption the managers should tell them do some more now. That will stop them. Some managers hasn’t got the bottle to tell them..
-
SWIM
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 11 Jan 2010, 20:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Why start early?
ditto.Royal_Fail wrote:Job and Finish is alive and well in our office people come in early,leave office early and get done for lunch time.
Hopefully P&L will end all this but somehow i doubt it.
'deal of the century' - dingo
-
enzio
- Posts: 379
- Joined: 06 Mar 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Why start early?
well good luck to the one who still get job and finish make the most of it while you can.when park and loop comes to your office you wont get any time out of it as you have to go back to the office. but what really stuped is even with park and loop in our office there are still ones that come in early what the f### is that about. 
-
celerycelery
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 16:44
Re: Why start early?
Anyone with over 2 years work with RM will have done exactly the same as you do, i know i certainly did. Ours stopped bout 18 months ago and we now work our full hours. Enjoy your early finishes as dont think it will last for much longer.calpsy wrote:In our office and the ones either side of it ( postcodes ) We all finish when we post last letter .
I understand that someone who comes in early and has to work till their hours WOULD be stupid . As i dont then i dont understand the problem some people have .
I start half an hour early i finish half an hour earlt . SIMPLES ! !
-
bunkerland
- Posts: 546
- Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Why start early?
What would happen if you began half an hour early as you say,found it to be a very busy day.....that took you to your proper finishing time to complete your duty? In most offices i think the manager would just say as you chose to begin early you couldn't claim overtime,so you would have worked half an hour for free! Or.........?calpsy wrote:In our office and the ones either side of it ( postcodes ) We all finish when we post last letter .
I understand that someone who comes in early and has to work till their hours WOULD be stupid . As i dont then i dont understand the problem some people have .
I start half an hour early i finish half an hour earlt . SIMPLES ! !
-
cyclemech1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 334
- Joined: 20 Jul 2009, 20:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Why start early?
You are right there. I come in at my start time of 06.15 and there are already part timers (7.15 start) sitting at their frames with everything thrown off !!Eric Cantona wrote:When these idiots come in early and go out early and finish early whether or not they have done their absorption the managers should tell them do some more now. That will stop them. Some managers hasn’t got the bottle to tell them..
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16726
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Why start early?
They are all twats.
You start on time
You take your meal relief
You finish on time
It isn't rocket science.
You start on time
You take your meal relief
You finish on time
It isn't rocket science.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: Why start early?
bunkerland wrote:What would happen if you began half an hour early as you say,found it to be a very busy day.....that took you to your proper finishing time to complete your duty? In most offices i think the manager would just say as you chose to begin early you couldn't claim overtime,so you would have worked half an hour for free! Or.........?calpsy wrote:In our office and the ones either side of it ( postcodes ) We all finish when we post last letter .
I understand that someone who comes in early and has to work till their hours WOULD be stupid . As i dont then i dont understand the problem some people have .
I start half an hour early i finish half an hour earlt . SIMPLES ! !
I'm special me, a veritable law unto myself,start when I like and finish when I like and the business loves me, old cowboys never die they just get arthritis
Bye
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Why start early?
I never leave....I'm at my frame right now prepping my 43 D2D's.
Have to go and fluff the bosses pillows....
Have to go and fluff the bosses pillows....
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Why start early?
Better than 'fluffing' the bosses other thingfishtank wrote:I never leave....I'm at my frame right now prepping my 43 D2D's.
Have to go and fluff the bosses pillows....
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio