ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Am I the Only One?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: Am I the Only One?

Post by not me »

clashcityrocker wrote:
chunk wrote: no extra time for d2d (where do we find the time to put 3000 leaflets in)
You find the time by either claiming extended or cutting off. You have to make it happen.
If you are not adhering to the agreement, why moan about RM not adhering to the agreement?
I'm often off the IPS in the morning
guys moan,yet they are coming in early and skipping breaks
I dont,hence why i get to stay off the IPS
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Am I the Only One?

Post by fishtank »

In the plus column.
We have a 39hr week...
We have trolleys to take the weight of the shoulder....
We have 11 part-time members made up to full-time.....
We have 3 new entrants.....
We have been paid £800 of the LS payments.....
All of our staff including part-timers are on a higher hourly rate flowing through to O/T.....
The use of PCOD has ceased........


The reason i posted this was to show that there are reasons why revisions were agreed that have little to do with whether it will succeed or fail.
I don't measure success either by the savings made or by the size of the deliveries.
Both of these issues are management problems not union problems..
I measure success on jobs created,full-time positions created and working conditions and for those of us that know how to do the job properly working conditions have improved.
For those that don't our revision is hell on earth. :neutral:

but.....all is not well......
Royal Mail see our revision as a catastrophic failure... :cool
It started with projected savings of 400 hours then we fecked about with the tools and this was revised down to 300...then 200...then a final paltry figure of 150 hrs was agreed.
In the 4 months since November our revision has Cost Royal Mail around 500 hrs per week and they don't want to play nice any more.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Am I the Only One?

Post by clashcityrocker »

fishtank wrote: In the 4 months since November our revision has Cost Royal Mail around 500 hrs per week and they don't want to play nice any more.
So what happens next?
I assume the revision has been signed off by both sides?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Am I the Only One?

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote: So what happens next?
I assume the revision has been signed off by both sides?
No...we are still in our PIR period.
We agreed that any review during the Christmas period would be pointless for both sides.
My DOM wants to bring back more duties and introduce more indoor time...it is the most sensible solution...this will not happen.
What happens next is a good question..responsibility is now at a higher level,most of the decisions concerning this "local" revision are no longer being made at a "local" level....on both sides.
We screwed them over Clash so now they want to change the rules. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Am I the Only One?

Post by clashcityrocker »

But you screwed them over using their own agreement?
So are Scottish RM management unhappy or are managers from South of the border involved?

Are there other offices on the East Coast in the same position as you?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Am I the Only One?

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote:But you screwed them over using their own agreement?
So are Scottish RM management unhappy or are managers from South of the border involved?

Are there other offices on the East Coast in the same position as you?
They need the savings Clash...they can't get them using the agreed tools so that's where the Financial Concurrence Revision comes in...laid on top of our revision with the sole intention of cutting hours...goodbye to all the hard work... :wave
Our office is now run by conference call...all kinds of known names pop on for a chat...it's a who's who of senior Royal Mail management. :chuckle :chuckle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Am I the Only One?

Post by clashcityrocker »

I thought all offices were run by conference call now.
Our DOM can't go for a wee wee until he gets the all clear from the CC.

Are you getting good support from Area/Divisional level?
If the savings aren't there to be had.........?

It is as BigDaz said somewhere....
It is either a properly funded USO or it is a worsening of QofS. They can't have it both ways.
In our DO it varies now on an almost daily basis it seems.
One day they throw money at things, the next they sit outside the DO begging for spare change from passers by.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Throgg
Posts: 255
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 17:00
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Re: Am I the Only One?

Post by Throgg »

How would that be for an unrealistic workload? But oh yes I would be getting £30/week for my D2D instead of a Delivery Supplement of £20.60.

When i was paid for D2D i got an average of £33 a week for 3 D2D and an early start allowance just over £12. Now under the new deal i get £20.60 a week for 6 D2D.

Explain to me how i am better off financially :hmmmm
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: Am I the Only One?

Post by not me »

Throgg wrote:
How would that be for an unrealistic workload? But oh yes I would be getting £30/week for my D2D instead of a Delivery Supplement of £20.60.

When i was paid for D2D i got an average of £33 a week for 3 D2D and an early start allowance just over £12. Now under the new deal i get £20.60 a week for 6 D2D.

Explain to me how i am better off financially :hmmmm

I had nearly 900 calls
so it was a drop for me too
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Re: Am I the Only One?

Post by motherhubbard »

Throgg wrote:
How would that be for an unrealistic workload? But oh yes I would be getting £30/week for my D2D instead of a Delivery Supplement of £20.60.

When i was paid for D2D i got an average of £33 a week for 3 D2D and an early start allowance just over £12. Now under the new deal i get £20.60 a week for 6 D2D.

Explain to me how i am better off financially :hmmmm
I didn't say you were better off financially.
What I said was the trade off of losing the unit payment but getting D2D into measured workload was more than acceptable to me.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
Throgg
Posts: 255
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 17:00
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Re: Am I the Only One?

Post by Throgg »

Throgg wrote:
How would that be for an unrealistic workload? But oh yes I would be getting £30/week for my D2D instead of a Delivery Supplement of £20.60.



When i was paid for D2D i got an average of £33 a week for 3 D2D and an early start allowance just over £12. Now under the new deal i get £20.60 a week for 6 D2D.

Explain to me how i am better off financially
I didn't say you were better off financially.
What I said was the trade off of losing the unit payment but getting D2D into measured workload was more than acceptable to me
So you think a reduction in pay of more than £50 a week (6 D2D :- £66 + early allowance :- £12=£72 in total, to be replaced with a £20.60 supplement) is acceptable?