A worker is entitled to an uninterrupted break of 20 minutes when daily working time is more than six hours. It should be a break in working time and should not be taken either at the start, or at the end, of a working day.
eight hours is a 30 minute break
The requirements are:
* the break must be in one block
* it cannot be taken off one end of the working day - it must be somewhere in the middle
* you are allowed to spend it away from the place on your employer's premises where you work
these are the minimum requirements set down in the working time regulations.
its usual for a union to negotiate better terms under collective barganing but cant be any lower min terms as stated above
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
part timers 20 min meal relief
-
keithposty
- Posts: 918
- Joined: 22 Feb 2011, 11:44
- Gender: Male
-
Splappy_McSplap
- Posts: 237
- Joined: 02 Sep 2009, 13:55
- Gender: Male
Re: part timers 20 min meal relief
I am 24 hours (although all the part time jobs in the MC are 25 hours and no one bothered to change my contract) and you can't do anything in 4h48 unless it's Tuesday or you're spare and only taking out bits of walks.
Usually I just add 20 minutes on to my pouching off time (or 30 if I actually get put on a walk or go over 5 hours inclusive) and if that takes me into OT then I claim it.
Being on a 24 hour contract and being expected to do 6 hours work on a heavy day leads to either a lot of arguing with managers and leaving stuff or involuntary overtime.
Even the 25 hour jobs can be a 4hr delivery on a bad day.
Usually I just add 20 minutes on to my pouching off time (or 30 if I actually get put on a walk or go over 5 hours inclusive) and if that takes me into OT then I claim it.
Being on a 24 hour contract and being expected to do 6 hours work on a heavy day leads to either a lot of arguing with managers and leaving stuff or involuntary overtime.
Even the 25 hour jobs can be a 4hr delivery on a bad day.
-
Royal_Fail
- Posts: 398
- Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 19:03
- Gender: Male
Re: part timers 20 min meal relief
I'm on 24hr contract but work overtime prepping my walk most mornings i take 10 minute break in morning then 20 minutes around dinner time.
I make time for breaks no point in rushing mate is you go over book it on docket simples.
I make time for breaks no point in rushing mate is you go over book it on docket simples.