ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Have accidents increased since revision.?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Himaggen
Posts: 993
Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40

Re: Have accidents increased since revision.?

Post by Himaggen »

fishtank wrote:It is,however easier to pull these trolleys than push because...they have been designed for pulling.
I have seen a few people pulling them incorrectly though with their arm pulled behind them,this will definitely cause shoulder pain,your arm should be at your side.
Correct, if you fail to use your equipment correctly then it can result in injury. The problem is either a lack of training in their correct use or a lack of care when using them.

The trolleys were not designed to be pulled fully loaded through the snow. Doing so, as you say, is the cause of your injury; this is not the fault of the trolley, its the fault of the user.
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Have accidents increased since revision.?

Post by Lincox »

If they were not designed to be pulled through the snow, then why were they issued by our Royal Mail Managers as a replacement for our cycles during the snow, as they banned the use of bicycles. Secondly, when the next snow arrives be it this winter or next what is going to be the delivery method, as far as I can see the 2010 and beyond agreement does not provide any solution to this.
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Have accidents increased since revision.?

Post by Lincox »

Fish, if your pulling arm is down by your side you have no leverage to get the trolley in motion, and the trolley wheels are then much nearer to your body, and the chance of catching your backward moving leg and shoe under the wheel is a potential health and safety issue and could cause a very nasty trip face downwards. There is no safe way of using this type of delivery vehicle and in my opinion the health and safety issues on this have not been sufficiently analysed by the health and safety exec.
Himaggen
Posts: 993
Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40

Re: Have accidents increased since revision.?

Post by Himaggen »

Lincox wrote:If they were not designed to be pulled through the snow, then why were they issued by our Royal Mail Managers as a replacement for our cycles during the snow
You do need to be careful when reading that you do not skip important words.
Himaggen wrote:The trolleys were not designed to be pulled fully loaded through the snow.
Also if you were not provided with sufficient direction in their usage, snow or otherwise, then that is a health and safety issue and should be taken up with your Health and Safety Representative. If you really do feel that LWT's are not designed to perform the task for which they are issued then you really do need to take that up with your Representative too, using them in a non designated manner or not at all should be through directive from someone employed to make that call.
skull
Posts: 450
Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: Have accidents increased since revision.?

Post by skull »

Himaggen is just playing devil's advocate . In another thread he's complaining about how many posts I've posted about trolleys ,I think Himaggen might be beating me regarding the trolley subject .

Himaggen wrote:
skull, how many posts are you going to start about bloody trolleys?

I don't think Himaggen is a postie , If you read through his posts there seems to be no experience ,it's all coming from a sheet of paper that he's read in the office , it's just do the job to spec blah,blah,blah , like we are all droids . Sometimes I think he either owns the business that supplies the trolleys to RM ,or he is a major share holder , or maybe he designed them . If your a postie having nothing but ultimate praise for the trolley you will be OK . If you can get away without carrying bags and not using the trolley , or you find pushing them easier than pulling , or you suffer from strains because of the slight twist when pulling them , then woe betide you . I wouldn't be surprised if he has built a shrine in worship to the trolley .
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Have accidents increased since revision.?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

skull wrote:Himaggen is just playing devil's advocate . In another thread he's complaining about how many posts I've posted about trolleys ,I think Himaggen might be beating me regarding the trolley subject .

Himaggen wrote:
skull, how many posts are you going to start about bloody trolleys?

I don't think Himaggen is a postie , If you read through his posts there seems to be no experience ,it's all coming from a sheet of paper that he's read in the office , it's just do the job to spec blah,blah,blah , like we are all droids . Sometimes I think he either owns the business that supplies the trolleys to RM ,or he is a major share holder , or maybe he designed them . If your a postie having nothing but ultimate praise for the trolley you will be OK . If you can get away without carrying bags and not using the trolley , or you find pushing them easier than pulling , or you suffer from strains because of the slight twist when pulling them , then woe betide you . I wouldn't be surprised if he has built a shrine in worship to the trolley .
Nothing wrong with playing devils advocate thats an accepted part of debate and discussion isn't it.

Also I think the above post and one you complain about being a target because you have a different view is a good study in Irony.
skull wrote:
SWIM wrote:skull's off his trolley.*


Another itelligent post that will help RM and it's employees thrive . If posties come on this forum and put forward any suggestions , ideas or thoughts other than doom and gloom , the managers a wa*ker , I hate RM , or do the job to spec blah blah ,blah they just open themselves up to be a target .
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
skull
Posts: 450
Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: Have accidents increased since revision.?

Post by skull »

by TrueBlueTerrier » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:29 am
Nothing wrong with playing devils advocate thats an accepted part of debate and discussion isn't it.



Yes nothing wrong with playing devil's advocate but Himaggen is just playing the same record over and over again , by jumping to conclusions about me and how I work and he just goes on and on about "do the job to spec blah,blah,blah" . Then for some reason he has a go at me for starting the " will trolleys prevail one day " thread :crazy: .

Himaggen wrote:
skull, how many posts are you going to start about bloody trolleys? .

I don't know how many posts I've started about trolleys but the worrying thing is Himaggen might . Infact I'm starting to think he knows more about me than I do . I'm not going to respond to anymore of Himaggens posts until he gets over this hurdle of just do the job to spec and jumping to conclusions about how I spend my days at work as a postie .

Again please can we have a yawn little face for Himaggens response . I think the Nazi's got less hassle at the Nuremberg trials than Himaggens is giving me .