If you're logged in and you click the test link, it shouldn't be trying to download it at all, it's done within the browser.
How to fix that when I have no idea what it shows, I don't know.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Online application problems
-
shadow
- Posts: 494
- Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 18:17
- Gender: Female
Re: Online application problems
Just comes up saying my computer is not compatable for reasons underneath. Probably popup killer. I have tried after disabling this.Robtor wrote:If you're logged in and you click the test link, it shouldn't be trying to download it at all, it's done within the browser.
How to fix that when I have no idea what it shows, I don't know.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Online application problems
those reasons would help can your son do a screen grab and post it hereshadow wrote:Just comes up saying my computer is not compatable for reasons underneath. Probably popup killer. I have tried after disabling this.Robtor wrote:If you're logged in and you click the test link, it shouldn't be trying to download it at all, it's done within the browser.
How to fix that when I have no idea what it shows, I don't know.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
gunny3k
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 19:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Online application problems
I guess your using Internet Explorer. Certain versions can be problematic.
Try Mozilla Firefox. This definetly works.
Free download:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/products/d ... lang=en-GB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Try Mozilla Firefox. This definetly works.
Free download:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/products/d ... lang=en-GB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Robtor
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 11 Nov 2010, 11:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Online application problems
I'm guessing you skipped the bit about him using Firefox, and how mine initially wouldn't work with Firefox but did when I undusted IE.
-
mma83
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 28 Oct 2010, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: B'Ham
Re: Online application problems
Long shot, but when you click on the link, try pressing right button and open in new tab/window. I've just tried on mine, using win7 and google chrome and went straight through to the 'submit application' page(normal procedure not right click)
If this is after the 'submit application' page when you receive a email telling you to sit test etc as mentioned earlier, get your lad to disable internet protection and firewall.....BUT make sure it gets put back on the your computer isn't vulnerable to intrusion etc
And Yes, it is a crap system and not sure how true, but was told at induction, it is 1st come 1st serve as regards the test....got my job whilst going through the test with my 2 year old,watching t.v(So prob got a few wrong at least!) Didn't get interview when I know for a fact I got all correct(The same postcodes etc every time!)
good luck
If this is after the 'submit application' page when you receive a email telling you to sit test etc as mentioned earlier, get your lad to disable internet protection and firewall.....BUT make sure it gets put back on the your computer isn't vulnerable to intrusion etc
And Yes, it is a crap system and not sure how true, but was told at induction, it is 1st come 1st serve as regards the test....got my job whilst going through the test with my 2 year old,watching t.v(So prob got a few wrong at least!) Didn't get interview when I know for a fact I got all correct(The same postcodes etc every time!)
good luck
-
shadow
- Posts: 494
- Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 18:17
- Gender: Female
Re: Online application problems
Well i think my son has missed out now as this has been going on for three days now. But i can tell him to do this next time a vacancy arises. But what about the people that don't have access to a computer. I think the whole system is discriminatory and the best of it is thats how i got my job. Whats worse is Royalmail don't give a damn.
-
shadow
- Posts: 494
- Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 18:17
- Gender: Female
Re: Online application problems
Sorry can't seem to do a screen grab.shadow wrote:Well i think my son has missed out now as this has been going on for three days now. But i can tell him to do this next time a vacancy arises. But what about the people that don't have access to a computer. I think the whole system is discriminatory and the best of it is thats how i got my job. Whats worse is Royalmail don't give a damn.
-
postiebowler
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 18:57
- Gender: Female
Re: Online application problems
I believe royal mail are updating there online recruitment section (google it) any online applications that are in the middle of the process need to phone up for a telephone interview. I don't have the number ( google it)