ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

D2D "Checking"

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Eric Cantona
Posts: 365
Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
Gender: Male

Re: D2D "Checking"

Post by Eric Cantona »

Indy wrote:
Eric Cantona wrote:When there is strikes on or bad snow or the backlog not long ago the door to doors go out the window managers don’t give a toss. But when things start to get back together again and its slack they can’t put enough sheets in front of your face sign this, sign that.
When my walk goes on overtime guarantee when the managers or the creeps that does it on buff don’t touch the door to doors. The managers are just interested in getting the walk covered.
What posties should do is watch all door to doors in the office and the first sign they see there not being done someone should ring that company and let them know.
Its called a bit of your own medicine.
When a walk goes out on OT here, as d2d is part of the work load it HAS to go out with the mail... I though that there would have been far more of a fuss about it but no... it does get done to my knowledge.

As for the bit about 'contacting' the company and telling them their d2d hasn't gone out.... sounds like a short cut to a P45 to me!

As for the bit about 'contacting' the company and telling them their d2d hasn't gone out.... sounds like a short cut to a P45 to me!

Indy its Fraud... RM would be straight on to us if the boot was on the other foot.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: D2D "Checking"

Post by fishtank »

Please don't get any silly ideas about contacting companies about undelivered D2D.
There are enough on the dole at the moment. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: D2D "Checking"

Post by Indy »

Eric Cantona wrote:
Indy wrote:
Eric Cantona wrote:When there is strikes on or bad snow or the backlog not long ago the door to doors go out the window managers don’t give a toss. But when things start to get back together again and its slack they can’t put enough sheets in front of your face sign this, sign that.
When my walk goes on overtime guarantee when the managers or the creeps that does it on buff don’t touch the door to doors. The managers are just interested in getting the walk covered.
What posties should do is watch all door to doors in the office and the first sign they see there not being done someone should ring that company and let them know.
Its called a bit of your own medicine.
When a walk goes out on OT here, as d2d is part of the work load it HAS to go out with the mail... I though that there would have been far more of a fuss about it but no... it does get done to my knowledge.

As for the bit about 'contacting' the company and telling them their d2d hasn't gone out.... sounds like a short cut to a P45 to me!

As for the bit about 'contacting' the company and telling them their d2d hasn't gone out.... sounds like a short cut to a P45 to me!

Indy its Fraud... RM would be straight on to us if the boot was on the other foot.
Christ on a fooking bike 'Eric Cantona' are you REALLY that naive??? :shock:
chunk
Posts: 957
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
Gender: Male

Re: D2D "Checking"

Post by chunk »

I also have had d2d dumped under my frame.
any open boxes that were part full were being topped up!

the manager is of course not interested.
have had to develop ways of making it hard for them.

rather have part boxes on the floor midweek i empty them
and collapse them down. i can then top up the others!
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: D2D "Checking"

Post by taurus88 »

chunk wrote:I also have had d2d dumped under my frame.
any open boxes that were part full were being topped up!

the manager is of course not interested.
have had to develop ways of making it hard for them.

rather have part boxes on the floor midweek i empty them
and collapse them down. i can then top up the others!
I'm intrigued as to when they're actually dumping them. They must be doing it outside of working hours, or someone would surely have spotted them doing it? I intend to find out who has been dumping their d2ds on my fitting. It won't be too difficult (I have a plan). When I find them, they'll be sorry. I can't stand people like this.
countyboy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 121
Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 17:48
Gender: Male

Re: D2D "Checking"

Post by countyboy »

taurus88 wrote:
chunk wrote:I also have had d2d dumped under my frame.
any open boxes that were part full were being topped up!

the manager is of course not interested.
have had to develop ways of making it hard for them.

rather have part boxes on the floor midweek i empty them
and collapse them down. i can then top up the others!
I'm intrigued as to when they're actually dumping them. They must be doing it outside of working hours, or someone would surely have spotted them doing it? I intend to find out who has been dumping their d2ds on my fitting. It won't be too difficult (I have a plan). When I find them, they'll be sorry. I can't stand people like this.
I agree you have to be a low life to dump on fellow workers. Then again do we really care what the linos think anyway. They can dump the whole office d2ds under my frame for all I care and if the lino thinks im not doing em then he can go for his life, check every house, follow me round, walk test me, send a private detective, call in MI5. Its not like anyone can be considered for promotion or full time, or a better walk while senority is still functional. We are just bodies doing a job. Doesnt matter who does it to the lino as long as it gets done and he doesnt have to move his lazy arse....If they were that concerned about d2d and dumping get on the cctv and have a check, be a real manager and manage the workshy or shirkers. Unfortunately wont happen because they are so weak they hate confrontation and would rather pick on weak characters to get the job done as a path of least resistance..Sorry,,rant over :pray
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: D2D "Checking"

Post by NewPostieUK »

As a reserve I hate this dumping door to doors under someone elses frame. It makes the duty holder think I haven't done my fair share on his day off. When I saw someone do it, I asked what he was doing and he said that 'XXXX has some left every week, so he can just getting rid of my excess at the same time'.

Also, it's not true that there should be no excess. One duty inparticular I cover has 6 or 7 points with no letter boxes or mail boxes, and a couple of opt outs. I suppose these should be taken into account but that would mean awkward work for the manager.
chunk
Posts: 957
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
Gender: Male

Re: D2D "Checking"

Post by chunk »

taurus88 wrote:
chunk wrote:I also have had d2d dumped under my frame.
any open boxes that were part full were being topped up!

the manager is of course not interested.
have had to develop ways of making it hard for them.

rather have part boxes on the floor midweek i empty them
and collapse them down. i can then top up the others!
I'm intrigued as to when they're actually dumping them. They must be doing it outside of working hours, or someone would surely have spotted them doing it? I intend to find out who has been dumping their d2ds on my fitting. It won't be too difficult (I have a plan). When I find them, they'll be sorry. I can't stand people like this.

could be one of the last to go out or one of the first back in.
they are too lazy to deliver them or struggling and wanting to hide it.
as pressure increases we will see more selfish behavior.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
Lateagainpostie
Posts: 393
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 18:17
Gender: Male

Re: D2D "Checking"

Post by Lateagainpostie »

Would help if they got the quantities right in the first place, every week I get about 200 leaflets for part of my walk, the postcode they are for only has about 100 delivery points
If you love Man Utd, you'll love my forum Talkingreds