ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

D2D "Checking"

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wiganpostie
Posts: 670
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
Gender: Male

Re: D2D "Checking"

Post by wiganpostie »

Wiggins79 wrote:
knoxycube wrote:somone from our office was caught not delivering his d2ds and was suspended immediately,there doing him for wilful delay,
And I'll bet when the press "report" on the incident the headline will be "Postman hoards/ steals 10,000 items of mail."
To be honest, when it's reported like that I think it's more as a result of how management would like the scenario to be portrayed in the press. If the headline read "Postman refuses to deliver 10,000 items of unaddressed, unsolicited junk mail" then the public's sympathy would no doubt lie with the postman. :left:
wiganpostie
Posts: 670
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
Gender: Male

Re: D2D "Checking"

Post by wiganpostie »

RedBagMan wrote:... were told last week that "rather a lot" of D2Ds were being sent back - so were warned that they would be "penned" (u/v gizmo) and we will have to count our surplus and hand them in to the locker.

Strange that the box under my frame has a fair few "semi-crumpled ones" on top of my pristine pile underneath - so I've been taking them from the bottom of the pile ... :hmmmm
After I've finished prepping my D2D's for the day, I mark the underside of the top and bottom ones in each of the remaining piles with a pen then band them up so I can check if anyone is dumping more under my bench.
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: D2D "Checking"

Post by RedBagMan »

wiganpostie wrote:
RedBagMan wrote:... were told last week that "rather a lot" of D2Ds were being sent back - so were warned that they would be "penned" (u/v gizmo) and we will have to count our surplus and hand them in to the locker.

Strange that the box under my frame has a fair few "semi-crumpled ones" on top of my pristine pile underneath - so I've been taking them from the bottom of the pile ... :hmmmm
After I've finished prepping my D2D's for the day, I mark the underside of the top and bottom ones in each of the remaining piles with a pen then band them up so I can check if anyone is dumping more under my bench.
One to remember ...
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: D2D "Checking"

Post by taurus88 »

I have 100s dumped under my fitting every week. There's nothing I can do about it, because even when I band them up/pen them/whatever, it doesn't change the fact that somebody is dumping them there. It makes me look a right lying prick when I give them to the line manager. I think he has stopped believing me. But everyone on the fittings around me knows that it's happening, and what's more I know and they know that it's none of them. These are guys I watch chuck their d2ds out, so they'd gain nothing by picking each one out of their bundles again and dumping them under my fitting. It really irritates me though. Knowing that I've done all mine but that the managers suspect I haven't.
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

Re: D2D "Checking"

Post by hampshireman »

BT2010 wrote:
RedBagMan wrote:... were told last week that "rather a lot" of D2Ds were being sent back - so were warned that they would be "penned" (u/v gizmo) and we will have to count our surplus and hand them in to the locker.

Strange that the box under my frame has a fair few "semi-crumpled ones" on top of my pristine pile underneath - so I've been taking them from the bottom of the pile ... :hmmmm

the ones that dont get delivered on my days out always seem to dissapear over the weekend, perhaps the door to door fairy is puting them under your frame :nana
Funny that. A few weeks ago someone left a whole load of D2D's under my frame... on a FRiday. w****r!!!!!!!

How pathetic to try and stitch someone up. I find it strange that posties want to screw there fellow workers.
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: D2D "Checking"

Post by Indy »

countyboy wrote:Dont know if its universal but we have a sheet on our frames we have to sign daily to say they are done..I do them, sign the sheet, conscience it clear,,If some low life wants to dump on my frame then so be it..Linos can go and check every drop personally I dont give a flying fook,.... :nana
I strongly suspect 'dumping' on other peoples frames is happening here as well!

Our DIM used to mark them but says he no longer has the time. Also with the revision cutting us to the bone.....
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: D2D "Checking"

Post by stokes11eg »

:sad: Personally, maybe it is time for all those Managers to physically count out each walks d-d's then take away the excess at day one!
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: D2D "Checking"

Post by taurus88 »

stokes11eg wrote::sad: Personally, maybe it is time for all those Managers to physically count out each walks d-d's then take away the excess at day one!
It's not a question of excess. Some posties aren't doing all their d2ds and are dumping them on other people's fittings, making it look like they have an excess, making them look bad in the eyes of their managers, whilst looking themselves like model posties when in truth, they are the lowest of the low. Not merely for not doing their job properly, but much more because they are pinning it on their comrades, or those who should be their comrades. In reality, they are no more OUR comrades than any other piece of scum. I would love it if they were found and sacked for being so low as to pin their laziness on other people.
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: D2D "Checking"

Post by Indy »

stokes11eg wrote::sad: Personally, maybe it is time for all those Managers to physically count out each walks d-d's then take away the excess at day one!
People already have a job to count them for each walk.... thats not the problem.... people not doing them and then dumping them on somebody else's walk IS!
Eric Cantona
Posts: 365
Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
Gender: Male

Re: D2D "Checking"

Post by Eric Cantona »

When there is strikes on or bad snow or the backlog not long ago the door to doors go out the window managers don’t give a toss. But when things start to get back together again and its slack they can’t put enough sheets in front of your face sign this, sign that.
When my walk goes on overtime guarantee when the managers or the creeps that does it on buff don’t touch the door to doors. The managers are just interested in getting the walk covered.
What posties should do is watch all door to doors in the office and the first sign they see there not being done someone should ring that company and let them know.
Its called a bit of your own medicine.
hans solo
Posts: 3292
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

Re: D2D "Checking"

Post by hans solo »

been there done it mgmt got their buts kicked big time, well worthwhile shopping them
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: D2D "Checking"

Post by RedBagMan »

... wouldn't have minded if it had been the Nescafe sachets :cuppa :chuckle - but when it's for some REALLY overpriced pizzas ...
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: D2D "Checking"

Post by Indy »

Eric Cantona wrote:When there is strikes on or bad snow or the backlog not long ago the door to doors go out the window managers don’t give a toss. But when things start to get back together again and its slack they can’t put enough sheets in front of your face sign this, sign that.
When my walk goes on overtime guarantee when the managers or the creeps that does it on buff don’t touch the door to doors. The managers are just interested in getting the walk covered.
What posties should do is watch all door to doors in the office and the first sign they see there not being done someone should ring that company and let them know.
Its called a bit of your own medicine.
When a walk goes out on OT here, as d2d is part of the work load it HAS to go out with the mail... I though that there would have been far more of a fuss about it but no... it does get done to my knowledge.

As for the bit about 'contacting' the company and telling them their d2d hasn't gone out.... sounds like a short cut to a P45 to me!
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: D2D "Checking"

Post by stokes11eg »

Indy wrote:
stokes11eg wrote::sad: Personally, maybe it is time for all those Managers to physically count out each walks d-d's then take away the excess at day one!
People already have a job to count them for each walk.... thats not the problem.... people not doing them and then dumping them on somebody else's walk IS!
Yes, but do the first set of counters get it right! most posties count their own, and do the job honestly--I can almost guarantee that if independant audits were carried out on these boxes, the numbers would not tally up! Me, and most of my workmates check our numbers all the time and still there are discrepencies, sometimes too little, and sometimes too many!
in the very early days of D/D's each set of households had codes inside to denote which area they were to be delivered too.
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: D2D "Checking"

Post by Indy »

stokes11eg wrote:
Indy wrote:
stokes11eg wrote::sad: Personally, maybe it is time for all those Managers to physically count out each walks d-d's then take away the excess at day one!
People already have a job to count them for each walk.... thats not the problem.... people not doing them and then dumping them on somebody else's walk IS!
Yes, but do the first set of counters get it right! most posties count their own, and do the job honestly--I can almost guarantee that if independant audits were carried out on these boxes, the numbers would not tally up! Me, and most of my workmates check our numbers all the time and still there are discrepencies, sometimes too little, and sometimes too many!
in the very early days of D/D's each set of households had codes inside to denote which area they were to be delivered too.
completely agree... sometimes I've been a bit over maybe 20 or so other times I've maybe MAX 30 short.... I aways report shortages to my line manager but as its so few I suspect he just 'forgets' about them. If I have overs I'm EXPECTED to divy them out a few to each road on my walk so I have none left. Under NO circumstances are d2d to be sent back.