ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Who is right?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DaveF14
Posts: 184
Joined: 18 Sep 2009, 17:38
Gender: Male

Re: Who is right?

Post by DaveF14 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Yep they are getting a free service that most get charged for

print these pages off (or get your DOM to get it off the Intranet) and give them a copy - see if that helps :wink:

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump ... d=48200699" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers mate. Will print this off and show the manager.
DaveF14
Posts: 184
Joined: 18 Sep 2009, 17:38
Gender: Male

Re: Who is right?

Post by DaveF14 »

IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:DaveF14, are you on a driving duty?
If not, could you not insist with your manager that this company's mail is assigned to the driver that covers that area?
If you are a driver, is it feasible that the mail could be assigned to a walk that used a HCT (so the weight is not on the postie's back)?

Tricky situation this, there is an arrangement on my round for two businesses that get their mail out of sync which for me this simply means crossing the road, while another recently moaned at their delivery slot (as they have mail collected some days before I get there!) and I said its something they need to sort out with my lino (I have to go where the special are, plus take into account the deadline for some "trades" flat accesses).

Yes on a driving duty. First half hour is mostly business, close to the delivery office where this business is! Then drive 3 miles to a housing scheme of around 200 houses. Then some rural houses and then onto another housing scheme of around 250 houses.
chelseachris
Posts: 164
Joined: 26 Mar 2010, 14:28
Gender: Male

Re: Who is right?

Post by chelseachris »

Typical its like some people at christmas they gave you a fiver and they think that they own you the rest of the year. :shock:
Mr Blonde
Posts: 337
Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44

Re: Who is right?

Post by Mr Blonde »

I got this kind of thing today, I was dropping off a couple of special plus their mail and meter pouches at 12.10pm, a woman there said that she wasn't having a go but could I get their mail to them earlier. I did mention the timed delivery thing but she said that it cost £3000 a year, which for five days a week works out at about £10 per day, which considering the cost of getting a single firm that far from our office out there is probably good value.

I'm new on this part of the round and as it's part of the 2nd loop of our P&L I won't be changing to suit them unless I'm pushed by management.

Surely these people understand that we're no longer an early morning delivery firm?
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Who is right?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I love it when you get this sort of thing from people who work from home! "I'm trying to run a Business ....." I tell em , "Don't even start me off on not paying Business Rates, Rent for Premises, Business Insurance, Industrial Waste Removal.......and you still want special treatment when it comes to your Mail?" :no no
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
olilew
Posts: 594
Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
Gender: Male

Re: Who is right?

Post by olilew »

i had something similar with a local DSS office, the guy comes and has a strop with me saying they needed their mail before 9am as some staff might be waiting for train tickets to go to london that day. when i explained the '9am special delivery' to him he went tits up and insisted they get ALL their mail for 9. i said 'but you're not on a timed delivery' so he goes tits up again! i go back to office and tell gaffer, gaffer phones them up and tells him straight 'you're delivery time is anywhere between 10am and 2pm and in future if you have any issues with your delivery you phone me up and not have a go at my posties!' top bloke our gaffer!
"Just take it out and see how you go......."