ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

why dont we refuse to talk to atos

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: why dont we refuse to talk to atos

Post by General Mannerheim »

Big Daz wrote:I had a phone consultation with ATOS in December, 100% positive experience.
I think they are amazing and have all our well being at heart! :roll: :roll: :roll: :speak to the hand :speak to the hand :silenced
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
midvillain
Posts: 185
Joined: 15 Feb 2010, 02:26
Gender: Male

Re: why dont we refuse to talk to atos

Post by midvillain »

Big Daz wrote:I had a phone consultation with ATOS in December, 100% positive experience.
me too. i was actually surprised, because i'd previously thought they'd be out to get me
REDLETTER
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 748
Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
Gender: Male
Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL

Re: why dont we refuse to talk to atos

Post by REDLETTER »

Big Daz wrote:I had a phone consultation with ATOS in December, 100% positive experience.
Was it a number 2? :nana :crazy:
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: why dont we refuse to talk to atos

Post by andy2007 »

General Mannerheim wrote:
Big Daz wrote:I had a phone consultation with ATOS in December, 100% positive experience.
I think they are amazing and have all our well being at heart! :roll: :roll: :roll: :speak to the hand :speak to the hand :silenced
No, the majority couldn't care less about our health or wellbeing. But there are a minority of them who do. I saw a very good ATOS Doctor, last year. He helped me a lot, and was even able to suggest an alternative treatment, that my Doctors hadn't suggested. :hmmmm

However: It's the first, and only, good experience I've had with them. Normally, they try to assess us via telephone consultations. Which is particularly ludicrous, when someone has a muscularskeletal injury (in my case, a back injury). And I can only see it getting worse, as they're gradually phasing out the use of Doctors. In favour of computer programs, operated by untrained fools, who don't know their arse from their elbow! :evil/mad
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: why dont we refuse to talk to atos

Post by POSTMAN »

Tbf there's mixed messages on here regarding ATOS,some get it good some get it bad,bit like bad rep good rep,bad screw good screw ect.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: why dont we refuse to talk to atos

Post by fishtank »

POSTMAN wrote:Tbf there's mixed messages on here regarding ATOS,some get it good some get it bad,bit like bad rep good rep,bad screw good screw ect.
At the end of the day ATOS will always do what's best for those who pay them.
Sometimes that will match with what's best for you...but more often than not it won't.
It's just a matter of when your interests and Royal Mail's interests are the same interests.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share