ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

EPOD Completion warning letters

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Glyno
Posts: 27
Joined: 29 Nov 2008, 21:18
Gender: Male

Re: EPOD Completion warning letters

Post by Glyno »

I doubt some of the residents on my round would be able to print, sign AND enter the time - most of them are incapable of writing in the proper box even when I put a dirty great cross in it!
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: EPOD Completion warning letters

Post by taurus88 »

Glyno wrote:I doubt some of the residents on my round would be able to print, sign AND enter the time - most of them are incapable of writing in the proper box even when I put a dirty great cross in it!
I had somebody try to sign on the letter itself today! That's what they thought when I said 'I have a letter that requires a signature.'

Oh dear.
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: EPOD Completion warning letters

Post by Indy »

Glyno wrote:I doubt some of the residents on my round would be able to print, sign AND enter the time - most of them are incapable of writing in the proper box even when I put a dirty great cross in it!
:nana :nana :nana Too right too right!!!
flyinmachine
Posts: 26
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: EPOD Completion warning letters

Post by flyinmachine »

I just guess ! Ive got a mobile phone but im not tacking it out of my pocket every 10 minutes to check the time. Its like the wild west were i deliver. As long as theirs a time on the card no Dramas !
AlbertoGranado
Posts: 57
Joined: 25 Apr 2010, 15:16
Gender: Male
Location: Under Neon Loneliness

Re: EPOD Completion warning letters

Post by AlbertoGranado »

Sherpas Rule wrote:
Indy wrote:
Sherpas Rule wrote:Is it really to much hassle to buy a cheap watch for work? I got one for under a tenner off ebay.
Not the point is it!
Well yeah it is though, I know the jobs sucks but some people just seem to want to moan about everything. Buy a cheap watch, use your phone or ask the customer to write in the time. All an easy solution to filling out the card properly!
I dont wear a watch and am not going to the expense to help out royal mail. We are meant to be supplied with the tools to do the job, otherwise, it isn't completed, eh well, completely. I'll gladly be the 1st test case for the "out".
tb35
Posts: 40
Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 19:00
Gender: Male

Re: EPOD Completion warning letters

Post by tb35 »

Weve been told at our office that every epod that does not have a time of delivery stated results in a £26.00 fine for RM. Ive asked on numerous occasions for some official documentation regarding to this but as of yet DOM/LINO have come up with nothing. Surely if RM were being fined for such a heinous crime then the necessary culprits would dealt with in the correct manner. However given that ALL SD items are confirmed before they leave the office i find this ever so slightly hypocritical ,anyway if all items are deliverd before 1pm who would complain? who would feel the need to look at the time ? before 1pm the time is irrelevant.
£26.00 fine? yeah right!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: EPOD Completion warning letters

Post by dvbuk55 »

Park and loop makes the 1 pm target more viable because the driver breaks off to make sure the target time is met. Any failure, even if it isn't £26.00, does mean that the cost of delivery is refunded which means we work for nothing. There are penalties for failing to meet parameters and RM is fined for failure unlike other delivery services. Lateness is easily checked when a PDA is used and even if the item is declared delivered by default, a couple of days later will reveal if it has been delivered late either by a truthful postie showing the exact time of delivery or the time is absent from the EPOD .