Go, just thank your lucky stars and go, don't look back at this car crash of a firm, just walk, mate, walk away.mma83 wrote:no job security on 3 month contracts, no idea of where and what i'll be doing everyday, no chance of having any holiday dates I may want, working every Saturday........summer months looming and nice family day outs/weekends away a definate no no, no uniform still. Spending not far off £100 per week petrol(not to mention wear n tear)
![]()
Or job with slightly better pay of approx £7.80 as delivery driver, 6 hours less per week(Don't do much overtime per week at R.M, approx 3-6hours) 12 mile round trip x 3 days=approx 40 mile per week(max 60) compared to 60-80 miles per day x 5. Permanent contract and I don't have to use my own car to get the job done ;-)
6.30-13.30 Mon,Tue and Wed....so I could even look for another job Thur and/or Fri
I do like my jobas a postie but not knowing what and where i'll be working, if i'll be taking a full walk or 2 halves of 2 walks....
added with 2 hours driving per day has got me thinking as I have been offered another job
What will happen if I hand my notice in, regards my holiday owed?? will they honourit and pay me what i'm owed(Doubt it) as i'm due approx 9 days
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Should I stay or should I go?????
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: Should I stay or should I go?????
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Should I stay or should I go?????
Or you could stop using your car,money saved straight away,and get on to your rep for lifts back to the office.Or job with slightly better pay of approx £7.80 as delivery driver, 6 hours less per week(Don't do much overtime per week at R.M, approx 3-6hours) 12 mile round trip x 3 days=approx 40 mile per week(max 60) compared to 60-80 miles per day x 5. Permanent contract and I don't have to use my own car to get the job done ;-)
Job done.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
eian687
- Posts: 743
- Joined: 27 May 2007, 09:43
- Location: south wales
Re: Should I stay or should I go?????
enjoy your new job SIMPLES
-
sidewinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 348
- Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Should I stay or should I go?????
Go. Best thing I ever did.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Should I stay or should I go?????
Pointless question in the first place. What's it got to do with anyone else? It's like saying should I buy Heinz or Branston beans..........I mean who cares?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Should I stay or should I go?????
If you go there will be trouble
If you stay it will be double.
If you stay it will be double.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
2old4this
- Posts: 130
- Joined: 08 Dec 2009, 13:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Should I stay or should I go?????
£100 per week petrol. Is that just back and fourth to work
-
mma83
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 28 Oct 2010, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: B'Ham
Re: Should I stay or should I go?????
60 mile to work and back plus 20 miles to and from nursery, which conveniently is in the opposite direction!(But not changing his nursery as he is settled) works out to approx 400 miles per week plus another 20-30(Yes, more fool me but I have my reasons that not all will agree with2old4this wrote:£100 per week petrol. Is that just back and fourth to work
For the opinion of people who decided to leave R.M for another job and those that had the opportunity to leave but decided to stay......yes, everyones personal preferences/situation is different but believe it or not, there is some useful advice/information given out on here that can help ME make MY choice.........like I could say that your response was pointless too????dvbuk55 wrote:Pointless question in the first place. What's it got to do with anyone else? It's like saying should I buy Heinz or Branston beans..........I mean who cares?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Should I stay or should I go?????
mma83 wrote:60 mile to work and back plus 20 miles to and from nursery, which conveniently is in the opposite direction!(But not changing his nursery as he is settled) works out to approx 400 miles per week plus another 20-30(Yes, more fool me but I have my reasons that not all will agree with2old4this wrote:£100 per week petrol. Is that just back and fourth to work) per week on my rounds. Could save by getting a cheaper car to run, but have a reliable car and comfortable 1......so why risk buying a car that can have all sorts of problems.
For the opinion of people who decided to leave R.M for another job and those that had the opportunity to leave but decided to stay......yes, everyones personal preferences/situation is different but believe it or not, there is some useful advice/information given out on here that can help ME make MY choice.........like I could say that your response was pointless too????dvbuk55 wrote:Pointless question in the first place. What's it got to do with anyone else? It's like saying should I buy Heinz or Branston beans..........I mean who cares?
-
mma83
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 28 Oct 2010, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: B'Ham
Re: Should I stay or should I go?????
Union.....Rep???? 2 things that do not exist in our office i'm afraid. I know what you mean, but I use approx £10 per week during my workin hours, getting to and from my walk, which is just a small proportion of the £90 per week spent in totalPOSTMAN wrote:Or you could stop using your car,money saved straight away,and get on to your rep for lifts back to the office.Or job with slightly better pay of approx £7.80 as delivery driver, 6 hours less per week(Don't do much overtime per week at R.M, approx 3-6hours) 12 mile round trip x 3 days=approx 40 mile per week(max 60) compared to 60-80 miles per day x 5. Permanent contract and I don't have to use my own car to get the job done ;-)
Job done.
-
post_bitch
- Posts: 913
- Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
- Gender: Female
Re: Should I stay or should I go?????
what kind of mug applies to a delivery office 30 miles away
how the fk did u get the job in they circumstances
how the fk did u get the job in they circumstances
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
mma83
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 28 Oct 2010, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: B'Ham
Re: Should I stay or should I go?????
Was 20mile when applied, then moved location........see your living up to your name againpost_bitch wrote:what kind of mug applies to a delivery office 30 miles away
how the fk did u get the job in they circumstances
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: Should I stay or should I go?????
Post_bitch, have you any concept of the current prospects for finding work?mma83 wrote:Was 20mile when applied, then moved location........see your living up to your name againpost_bitch wrote:what kind of mug applies to a delivery office 30 miles away
how the fk did u get the job in they circumstances
You can't just apply for local vacancies, if you want to stand any realistic chance of getting a job the same year.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Should I stay or should I go?????
transfer to local DO