Sherpas Rule wrote:Is it really to much hassle to buy a cheap watch for work? I got one for under a tenner off ebay.
Not the point is it!
Well yeah it is though, I know the jobs sucks but some people just seem to want to moan about everything. Buy a cheap watch, use your phone or ask the customer to write in the time. All an easy solution to filling out the card properly!
I have a watch which I use BUT I don't carry my phone as its too expensive and I've broken 2 in my time at RM. If RM required me to call them then I'd either expect a free-phone number that I can use at a call box or they refund me the costs. Thats not being belligerent its them providing the equipment for the job. I don't see this as any different to those that GENUINELY choose not to wear a watch.
I suspect that if this ever went to a tribunal then RM would be found that they weren't supplying the correct equipment for the job despite the fact that many/most people do wear watches.
Indy wrote:
I suspect that if this ever went to a tribunal then RM would be found that they weren't supplying the correct equipment for the job despite the fact that many/most people do wear watches.
I think that is what you would call a vexatious claim...and you would lose your deposit.
What next?...RM supplying your undercrackers.
Brains wrote:I have trouble putting the date on a 739- don`t know from one day to the next and the pda doesnt say. No dates on the letters any more either. I have to go back to the van and try and find out. Sometimes I`m 739ing a special and guess the date - & delivered the 739 the day before the special was posted , hows that for quality of service!
The PDA does give the date and as you mention going back to the van then we can only presume you also do collections from post boxes which now have barcodes in them which get scanned by the PDA, or haven't you started doing this in your area yet?
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
Indy wrote:
I suspect that if this ever went to a tribunal then RM would be found that they weren't supplying the correct equipment for the job despite the fact that many/most people do wear watches.
I think that is what you would call a vexatious claim...and you would lose your deposit.
What next?...RM supplying your undercrackers.
I was thinking more along the lines that if RM sacked you for it you'd have a claim for unfair dismissal.
Indy wrote:
I was thinking more along the lines that if RM sacked you for it you'd have a claim for unfair dismissal.
You're right ,there is a more sinister point in the thread in as much as what agreed process would be used to dismiss someone for forgetting to include the time on an EPOD card three times?
I would push this warning letter up the CWU ladder and see if anyone was interested.
it would be nice if the paper was not so thin it does not dissolve in the rain after one drop touches it. also if customers could sign it in the right place instead of where they feel like it will there be three strikes for that too?
Brains wrote:I have trouble putting the date on a 739- don`t know from one day to the next and the pda doesnt say. No dates on the letters any more either. I have to go back to the van and try and find out. Sometimes I`m 739ing a special and guess the date - & delivered the 739 the day before the special was posted , hows that for quality of service!
The PDA does give the date and as you mention going back to the van then we can only presume you also do collections from post boxes which now have barcodes in them which get scanned by the PDA, or haven't you started doing this in your area yet?
Tap on where the time is displayed, a little pop-up window will appear with the current time and date (that is assuming that your PDA actually works )
Sherpas Rule wrote:Is it really to much hassle to buy a cheap watch for work? I got one for under a tenner off ebay.
Not the point is it!
Well yeah it is though, I know the jobs sucks but some people just seem to want to moan about everything. Buy a cheap watch, use your phone or ask the customer to write in the time. All an easy solution to filling out the card properly!
Plenty of times ive taken my phone out and dropped it, scratching it and chipping it. Now i leave it at home. I dont wear a watch as the strap causes skin irritation.
Correct tools for the job is what i want.
Maybe i should use my private car on delivery just too make things easier?
You've got a good point about your phone. Plus of course, there's the risk of it being stolen, if people see you using it.
As for the watch. If you still have the one that caused skin irritation. You could remove the strap, and just carry it in your pocket.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
Indy wrote:
I suspect that if this ever went to a tribunal then RM would be found that they weren't supplying the correct equipment for the job despite the fact that many/most people do wear watches.
I think that is what you would call a vexatious claim...and you would lose your deposit.
What next?...RM supplying your undercrackers.
Well I want the frilly purple ones or lilac with the cutaway crotch please...........do you need to get a manager to authorise?
If you haven't got a watch just guess. The whole EPOD business is a load of crap anyway because THE PAPER LIES. I think I'm about the only person who fills them in properly, though I sometimes make the mistake of handing the item over first, especially today when it's PISSING DOWN AND I CAN'T THINK STRAIGHT FOR ALL THE WATER IN MY EYES, ON MY FACE, DRIBBLING DOWN MY BACK, DRIPPING INTO MY EARS, SLITHERING OH-SO-SLOWLY AROUND THE LINES OF MY NOSE AND IT TICKLES, OH YES IT TICKLES. But that's not the point, I guess. I know of a few people who just chuck a time on when they get back in the office on the basis of what time they usually get to the place. To be honest . . . there are probably less accurate ways. And who's going to prove you wrong? I've never known somebody even check the time that I've written down (and I do it in-between the knock on the door and them answering).