ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

own car ?? I am a new stater

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: own car ?? I am a new stater

Post by krussel »

bensonhedge wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Kizzy,here's an easy way to put it,if you got a job in Tesco's would you bring in your own till?
what is the deal with this surely it is the responsibility of RM to dispatch a person to a route and ensure they are return to the office.
Yes,see your rep or workplace coach.
'bring your own till in,and you can leave 2hrs early'......go on then!
:Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :dance :dance :dance
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: own car ?? I am a new stater

Post by POSTMAN »

bensonhedge wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Kizzy,here's an easy way to put it,if you got a job in Tesco's would you bring in your own till?
what is the deal with this surely it is the responsibility of RM to dispatch a person to a route and ensure they are return to the office.
Yes,see your rep or workplace coach.
'bring your own till in,and you can leave 2hrs early'......go on then!
Some of them did and look what happened.......amatures...
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/05/11/tesco_tills/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: own car ?? I am a new stater

Post by calpsy »

I have used my car from day one and it helps ENORMOUSLY ! ! !

Im gonna get shot down in flames YET AGAIN but it works for me and THOUSANDS of others .

We get out sharpish and finish sharpish . These moaners just like to moan cos THEY cant/wont do it and they are out hours after we finish .

Yes of course they are fuming ....... I would too if i couldnt do it but i can so i do .

They will ALWAYS tell you you are doing wrong and losing peoples jobs ........ blah blah blah ......... prove it . They havent so i still do it .

As I said......... THOUSANDS ( and its been proven ) still drive their own cars cos it saves an enormous amount of time .

Ok im ready ...... hit me with your moans .
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: own car ?? I am a new stater

Post by POSTMAN »

I'd like to think that RMCers would rise above the above post and move on.
Is it worth it guys. :arrrghhh
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: own car ?? I am a new stater

Post by fishtank »

calpsy wrote:
Ok im ready ...... hit me with your yawns .
Image
Last edited by fishtank on 15 Feb 2011, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: own car ?? I am a new stater

Post by calpsy »

EXACTLY ! ! ! WELL SAID ! ! !
BT2010
Posts: 352
Joined: 11 Feb 2011, 20:45
Gender: Male

Re: own car ?? I am a new stater

Post by BT2010 »

calpsy wrote:I have used my car from day one and it helps ENORMOUSLY ! ! !

Im gonna get shot down in flames YET AGAIN but it works for me and THOUSANDS of others .

We get out sharpish and finish sharpish . These moaners just like to moan cos THEY cant/wont do it and they are out hours after we finish .

Yes of course they are fuming ....... I would too if i couldnt do it but i can so i do .

They will ALWAYS tell you you are doing wrong and losing peoples jobs ........ blah blah blah ......... prove it . They havent so i still do it .

As I said......... THOUSANDS ( and its been proven ) still drive their own cars cos it saves an enormous amount of time .

Ok im ready ...... hit me with your moans .

i will agree with you in part.


ok, i used mine for years when i was able to get home an hour before my finish time but to use it now i would simply finish on time.
so no free money for tyres, fuel etc
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: own car ?? I am a new stater

Post by calpsy »

All seriously If I was to finish BANG on time or near it I wouldnt do it . NOT A CHANCE ! ! .

I would drive to work and back and thats it BUT it does 100% save me AT LEAST 5 hours a week . Last 2 days alone its saved me 3 hours .
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: own car ?? I am a new stater

Post by taurus88 »

It doesn't save you any hours a week. You'll pay out on petrol and maintenance, and I could still do the same amount of work at the same speed - on my bike for FREE - if I wanted to. But I don't. Because I'm not obsessed with running around and getting an extra hour of TV in before everybody else gets home. I'm not obsessed with helping the managers to cut the 600 hours out of our office that they think they can. If they want to try and make more savings, I'll do my walk even slower just to irritate everyone. Me, I don't mind working 5 hours, sans my half an hour meal break, for my 5 hours' pay. I guess that makes me a fool compared to you very intelligent car users who are home an hour before me. :roll:
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: own car ?? I am a new stater

Post by calpsy »

Well you said it Taurus not me .

If i can save 5 - 10 hours a week i will do it and dont tell me im not saving anything cos its not costing me very much at all . Only fuel . YES i have insurance tax etc but i would still have that with it sitting at my house . AND its a brand new fuel efficient BMW i have so fuel is minimal .
G O Root
Posts: 135
Joined: 18 Oct 2009, 18:38
Gender: Male

Re: own car ?? I am a new stater

Post by G O Root »

calpsy wrote:Well you said it Taurus not me .

If i can save 5 - 10 hours a week i will do it and dont tell me im not saving anything cos its not costing me very much at all . Only fuel . YES i have insurance tax etc but i would still have that with it sitting at my house . AND its a brand new fuel efficient BMW i have so fuel is minimal .
I think your last boasting statement about your type of super duper car speaks volumes sorry :wink:
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: own car ?? I am a new stater

Post by calpsy »

And if you take it seriously then you need to chill .

Its the truth but it was tongue in cheek partly . It costs me almost nothing to use my car . THAT was the point .
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: own car ?? I am a new stater

Post by fishtank »

calpsy wrote:AND its a brand new fuel efficient BMW i have so fuel is minimal .

How many carrots to the mile......?

Image
good times, bad times you know I've had my share