Just think of the docket you could claim to travel half way across the country to deliver one letter because you can't write "missort" on it.chrisj wrote:
What if your missort is on another round or even other office or natinwide - ridiculous!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Returning Missorts
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Returning Missorts
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Returning Missorts
Posted this before but can anyone beat this for a missort?
My old DO,prepping my walk sorted bundles,one missort stood out,it was for ME!
Baring in mind i did not live in my DO's postcode and the 2 postcodes are soooo different i couldn't believe it!
Have dined out on it for years.
My old DO,prepping my walk sorted bundles,one missort stood out,it was for ME!
Baring in mind i did not live in my DO's postcode and the 2 postcodes are soooo different i couldn't believe it!
Have dined out on it for years.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
beinspired
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 19 Jan 2008, 10:55
Re: Returning Missorts
I don't think putting them in the postbox (endorsed of course) will get you into trouble as there are many letters from customers which also end up in the system - there is no way to tell them apart.plainpat wrote:If they have already been through the franking system, ie have the little red dots on them, then this will be picked up at the mail centre.enzio wrote:wow i have allways just put then in the postbox
At the very least they can be sent to your DIM to have a 'discussion' with you. If there are too many it be an IB investigation.
Take them back to the office, or if you are still pouching off in your office, at least endorse them Missorts to cover yourself or you could face a charge of non delivery/wilful delay
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Returning Missorts
I've noticed that a couple of my foreign customers put mail straight back into a mailbox unmarked i.e. "Gone away" etc and I've never had any trouble. I suspect if the mail centre started to get large amounts then it would be flagged. I.B had a going over of our office about 3ish years ago where maybe 10 posties (including mesuz67 wrote:just stick them in nearest postbox and forget about them,deny all knowledge that you've ever seen them!!!!
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Returning Missorts
UTGE? Unable to gain entry?
Personally, I don't put them back in a postbox. If I have time, I deliver them. Putting them back in a postbox looks unprofessional. If a member of the public saw me doing it, I'd feel a little ashamed about the possible interpretations. It also looks a little suspicious. If I don't have time to deliver them, as I've outlined in the original post, then they don't get delivered. They're endorsed and taken back. But some managers cannot accept this. As I keep telling them, if they repeatedly allow morons to throw out my walk, there'll be more and more missorts coming back! Address the cause, not the symptom.
Which brings me on to today. It takes a very special person indeed to throw the whole of a household's mail from a street called A___ Avenue into the corresponding slot for D____ Street. And the names were not even remotely similar. They couldn't even be related in a sentence. Nor were they of a similar length. Genuine mistakes are made, but not for four letters. I would advise an EYE-TEST to the individual who was responsible for this HEINOUS crime.
Personally, I don't put them back in a postbox. If I have time, I deliver them. Putting them back in a postbox looks unprofessional. If a member of the public saw me doing it, I'd feel a little ashamed about the possible interpretations. It also looks a little suspicious. If I don't have time to deliver them, as I've outlined in the original post, then they don't get delivered. They're endorsed and taken back. But some managers cannot accept this. As I keep telling them, if they repeatedly allow morons to throw out my walk, there'll be more and more missorts coming back! Address the cause, not the symptom.
Which brings me on to today. It takes a very special person indeed to throw the whole of a household's mail from a street called A___ Avenue into the corresponding slot for D____ Street. And the names were not even remotely similar. They couldn't even be related in a sentence. Nor were they of a similar length. Genuine mistakes are made, but not for four letters. I would advise an EYE-TEST to the individual who was responsible for this HEINOUS crime.
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Returning Missorts
Yes!taurus88 wrote:UTGE? Unable to gain entry?
Eh??? what didn't you understand about the "unable to gain entry"? If I can deliver the mail then of course I DO!!!!taurus88 wrote:Personally, I don't put them back in a postbox. If I have time, I deliver them
As opposed to what? putting them in your pocket and taking them home to bring into the DO next morning?????taurus88 wrote:Putting them back in a postbox looks unprofessional
I'd (figuratively!!) tell them to "foxtrot Oscar"taurus88 wrote:If a member of the public saw me doing it, I'd feel a little ashamed about the possible interpretations.
What matters to ME is that RM have trusted me for the past loadsa years to deliver the mail and items of value or follow correct procedure if I can't. In that time I've upheld that trust 100% if some idiot wants to think I'm up to no good then they can feel free to report me to RM as any subsequent investigation will find my honestly faultless.taurus88 wrote:It also looks a little suspicious.
This has nothing to do with having time to deliver or not.... its about getting to a controlled entry system and being unable to gain entry to the building. Now, YOU might have perfected the "walking through closed doors" but I haven't.
-
bearsrighthandman
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 24 Feb 2010, 16:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Returning Missorts
our dim decided this week that when we finish our round and have any miss-preps we MUST telephone the office to be told what is expected of us to do with them 
-
maidstoneposty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 31 Mar 2010, 18:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Returning Missorts
A couple of letters bunged in a post box is not a problem, bound to be a few in there anyway from customers that have received a misdelivery, Best to disguise them by not bundling together with a band, someone was sacked for that at my place.
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Returning Missorts
Indeed, if I have a few which are low level importance DSA stuff I put them in one post box, if I have more DSA missorts then I tend to split between the one box and another, try to rotate boxes and also use ones that are not quiet. Stamped/dated mail missorts always get delivered. I would add these are often not my errors in the first place as a 'delivery boy' p/t postie, mail is sorted usually by others. I will admit this practice is because of pressure to explain why I am over time with DOM, and the round I deliver is very tight for the 3 hrs 40 mins allowed even on an average day, I am always over that 2/3 days a week.maidstoneposty wrote:A couple of letters bunged in a post box is not a problem, bound to be a few in there anyway from customers that have received a misdelivery, Best to disguise them by not bundling together with a band, someone was sacked for that at my place.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Returning Missorts
Guys,a letter is a letter,there is no such thing as an unimportant DSA letter or a wank mailsort one!
Cover your arses,endorse as a misssort and repost if you don't go back to the office,or you haven't go time to redeliver it.
Also if it's a regular thing have a word with your managers.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Returning Missorts
Don't you lot have blue pouches for pouching off?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
BT2010
- Posts: 352
- Joined: 11 Feb 2011, 20:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Returning Missorts
clashcityrocker wrote:Don't you lot have blue pouches for pouching off?
we have been told about these but never actually seen one. we were told that they should be used for wait noted items marked 48hrs but i usually throw anything in the next pouch box and the driver can collect next day, thus returning to DO within the 48hr.
surely for missorts/mispreps using the elusive blue bags would only delay items further?
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Returning Missorts
Blue pouches or yellow pouches as ours are,some on here have pink ones,are are a funny invention.
We have been told not to use them unless we put 48+hrs on the docket because.................................they take too long to be returned to the DO,sometimes 2 or 3 days.
I mean,WTF!
We have been told not to use them unless we put 48+hrs on the docket because.................................they take too long to be returned to the DO,sometimes 2 or 3 days.
I mean,WTF!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Returning Missorts
I have a blue pouch,i keep it with my old box keys and my little card folder thingy...memories of days gone by.
Now i have a trolley,a bipper and a PDA...and no need to pouch off missorts.
Now i have a trolley,a bipper and a PDA...and no need to pouch off missorts.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Returning Missorts
You put the blue pouch in the pillar box (or the Post Office if too bulky)
When the driver empties the box he puts the pouch to one side and takes it back to the DO.
Or the PO keep them to one side and the driver takes them back to the DO.
What's the problem?
When the driver empties the box he puts the pouch to one side and takes it back to the DO.
Or the PO keep them to one side and the driver takes them back to the DO.
What's the problem?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.