Not since about 2003.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Average weight on delivery:Funny as feck
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Average weight on delivery:Funny as feck
4 bags..
Not since about 2003.

Not since about 2003.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Re: Average weight on delivery:Funny as feck
It just goes to show that the averages used in RM walk calculations don't apply to most of the country. The closest I've had to 55Kg was about 5 years ago when my duty was about 350 residential calls. I didn't weight it today it must have been at least 70Kg for 650ish drops and that was without D2D.crockboy wrote:Of course i do d2d,I'm an experienced Postman with 12yrs service dumbo. It's treated the same as normal mail. 20% Mon, 20% Tues 20% Weds 20% Thurs 10% Fri 10% Sat. My duty today was 687 calls. 5 x 147 d2d items. First bag 15.2kg Second Bag 13.2kg Third bag 12kg Fourth bag 11.1kg adding all up to 51.6kg, Now after 4 bags i'm sure the maximum limit to carry is no more than 9kg. I've never had 9 or 10 bags even on the heaviest days at Christmas. Now you must have the worst offices in Britain, with the biggest deliveries in Britain. And for someone to say they don't have under 55kg on a Tuesday? Are you kidding me? A few weeks ago i had under 25kg for my fully duty. I don't know how many calls some of you lot have on your deliveries, but at 130kg and 9 bags they're either talking Pish or The Dom is walking all over the top of them. Now way could anyone complete a delivery of 130kg and 9 bags in 3hrs 30mins. How's that for a crock of shite!
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Average weight on delivery:Funny as feck
Because i kick my guys arse about the 11kg limit i pouch off about 6 bags per walk on an average day. 
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
sidewinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 348
- Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Average weight on delivery:Funny as feck
Ihad a town walk and weighed the Hct everyday. Even on a Tuesday it would be 60 kg. Thursday 120 overall. Sky mags over a week? My old office all one day just in case the auditor came in.You must have a good office.crockboy wrote:I think 55kg is spot on. I weigh all my bag every day and i'm a floater doing 5 different duties a week. Delivey call rates range from just under 500 to just under 700 calls. There is now way i would ever be over 70kg on the heaviest of heavy days. And a guy had 130kg and 9 bags??? He either has about 1400 calls( which would take about 6hrs to deliver) on his delivery or he had bricks in his bags. I know we've been shafted big time, especially over the last few years by the Rm, but people just love to exaggerate. Taking into account an Achievable walk which is only a 3hr 30min delivery span with the bag on your shoulder, anyone who says they carry over 80+kg on a normal town delivery is a f*****g liar.( and don't include sky mags which can be spread over the week).
-
smartbhoy
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Average weight on delivery:Funny as feck
We just have a strong office that stick together. There is probably 2 bad duties in the whole office, the rest are average to pretty good. But we've had our revision delayed/postponed. So we're still bag over the shoulder, 3, 30min delivery spans. But i still don't see how someone can have 9 bags and be over 130kg. If that's true it must take at least 5/6hrs to complete. I honestly on any duty on my float would carry no more than 70kg on the heaviest deliveries on my float. And at the most i'd have 4 bags dropped off in my pouch boxes. And for people to take all the sky mags in one day? There's deliveries in my office who don't have cable and are a sky only delivery. Has maybe 350/400 sky mags. Impossible to do in 3hr 30mins. Very rarely do people clear all the sky mags on their delivery in one day. Usually have from 3/5 days to clear them.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Average weight on delivery:Funny as feck
Stormproof wrote:You are talking a crock of shite. Being on 5 different duties a week do you do D2D's or do you leave them for the duty holder? The only day a town walk would get anywhere near the 55kg mark is on a Tuesday, you are looking at least double that by Friday.crockboy wrote:I think 55kg is spot on. I weigh all my bag every day and i'm a floater doing 5 different duties a week. Delivey call rates range from just under 500 to just under 700 calls. There is now way i would ever be over 70kg on the heaviest of heavy days. And a guy had 130kg and 9 bags??? He either has about 1400 calls( which would take about 6hrs to deliver) on his delivery or he had bricks in his bags. I know we've been shafted big time, especially over the last few years by the Rm, but people just love to exaggerate. Taking into account an Achievable walk which is only a 3hr 30min delivery span with the bag on your shoulder, anyone who says they carry over 80+kg on a normal town delivery is a f*****g liar.( and don't include sky mags which can be spread over the week).
And you're assuming all walks, offices and areas get the same amount of mail, which actually IS a crock of shite.
My walk is 600 houses and I get 55kg+ maybe once or twice a week, it's regularly less than 40kg. Plenty in my office are lighter than that, some are heavier. The area is almost entirely p*ss poor council estates, but another office a few miles away covers an affluent area and they get absolutely battered with flats and magazines which are usually the significant factor in a heavy delivery. 100kg is pretty normal for them, very very rare for us.
55kg is too light as a national average, but to suggest everyone carries more than that isn't true.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Average weight on delivery:Funny as feck
It quite often comes down to call rate and letters per house. For example my delivery only had 364 calls but they are large houses and you will visit 95% on most days and most houses get 7-12 items each. Thats how the weight builds up to 7+ bags.crockboy wrote:But i still don't see how someone can have 9 bags and be over 130kg. If that's true it must take at least 5/6hrs to complete
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
DiamondSmiles
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Average weight on delivery:Funny as feck
Blimey, i can't remember the last time i only had 4 bags. You really do have an easy delivery. I have 580 drops. Most days it's 6 bags occasionally 7 for me, thus well over the 55kg.crockboy wrote:Of course i do d2d,I'm an experienced Postman with 12yrs service dumbo. It's treated the same as normal mail. 20% Mon, 20% Tues 20% Weds 20% Thurs 10% Fri 10% Sat. My duty today was 687 calls. 5 x 147 d2d items. First bag 15.2kg Second Bag 13.2kg Third bag 12kg Fourth bag 11.1kg adding all up to 51.6kg, Now after 4 bags i'm sure the maximum limit to carry is no more than 9kg. I've never had 9 or 10 bags even on the heaviest days at Christmas. Now you must have the worst offices in Britain, with the biggest deliveries in Britain. And for someone to say they don't have under 55kg on a Tuesday? Are you kidding me? A few weeks ago i had under 25kg for my fully duty. I don't know how many calls some of you lot have on your deliveries, but at 130kg and 9 bags they're either talking Pish or The Dom is walking all over the top of them. Now way could anyone complete a delivery of 130kg and 9 bags in 3hrs 30mins. How's that for a crock of shite!
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Average weight on delivery:Funny as feck
My first round was 511 drops and I used to take out about 8 bags. It was hills and stairs though so we're meant to lower the weight of the bag accordingly.
Plus, I'm only a girl
Plus, I'm only a girl
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Average weight on delivery:Funny as feck
You're not ONLY a girl...............you're a girl who can stand up for herself against us lot (can I get that wedding invitation nowAprilaydee wrote:My first round was 511 drops and I used to take out about 8 bags. It was hills and stairs though so we're meant to lower the weight of the bag accordingly.
Plus, I'm only a girl
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
the mad woman
- Posts: 178
- Joined: 20 May 2007, 13:37
Re: Average weight on delivery:Funny as feck
i use a hct go out with approx 50kg mail= 85kg including trolley and pick up at least another 5 bags on way roud it takes me 4 and a half hours on average day longer at end of week
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Average weight on delivery:Funny as feck
My brother tells me I'm only a girl all the time. He thinks it winds me up. He's in his 40's with the mental age of a 15 year old. Not in a mental impairment, just immature!DGP1 wrote:You're not ONLY a girl...............you're a girl who can stand up for herself against us lot (can I get that wedding invitation nowAprilaydee wrote:My first round was 511 drops and I used to take out about 8 bags. It was hills and stairs though so we're meant to lower the weight of the bag accordingly.
Plus, I'm only a girl).
And if you REALLY want to come to the wedding sooooo badly, then you really need to get out more lol Although, it will be the wedding of the year, obviously.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: Average weight on delivery:Funny as feck
Bye
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Average weight on delivery:Funny as feck
29kg today, and that's including collapsing and 1/6th D2D. No i'm not on a wind up, nor a piece of p*ss walk - that's just how it its some days when you deliver to estates full of penniless Jeremy Kyle lovers.
-
blaze3
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 23 Jul 2009, 20:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Average weight on delivery:Funny as feck
I have 520 calls on my delivery and regularly have over 100k
I have 4/5 bags of packets every day except Tues where i might only have 2/3
The problem with my delivery is that i have a bag of mail for every 20/25 calls and no where for bag drops because the locals won't allow it. (Hampstead)
I also have 96 redirections, which is why it takes me so long to get out.
I have 4/5 bags of packets every day except Tues where i might only have 2/3
The problem with my delivery is that i have a bag of mail for every 20/25 calls and no where for bag drops because the locals won't allow it. (Hampstead)
I also have 96 redirections, which is why it takes me so long to get out.