ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

park and loop failed before it started

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
skull
Posts: 450
Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: park and loop failed before it started

Post by skull »

gb93 wrote:I think the point trying to be made is.
You should have a 318 saying what time you are due to leave the office in order to complete your del span.
EG, leave office 10am start del 10-20 4hour 20min del back to office 15-00 day done.
I know by letting us out early it looks like P&L is working . I would swap 1 hours indoor time with 1 hours outdoor time anytime .
Everyone is different and some posties detest being outdoors but for me it's just a positive ( again sorry for using the word positive on this forum ).
Last edited by skull on 06 Feb 2011, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: park and loop failed before it started

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Visiting a nearby town, which has the P & L Revision, I had a chat with the posties who said it's not working. Quite a lot of HCT Duties. :sad: Told them to get a nearby REP in, they don't have one, and work properly cut off etc and try to get it looked at again.
Imagine my surprise as I'm driving through a couple of days later and they've got Posties out On Their Own Bikes with a bag over their shoulders! :shock: :shock:
Apparently they've got a hard core of guys who refuse to change (still in early, racing around) and pleasing themselves. DIMs a total nob and just lets them get away with. Feel sorry for the lads that want to get it changed but they can't get everyone to stick together! :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
skull
Posts: 450
Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: park and loop failed before it started

Post by skull »

Dorset Plodder wrote - Imagine my surprise as I'm driving through a couple of days later and they've got Posties out On Their Own Bikes with a bag over their shoulders! :shock: :shock:


Other than using a van instead of their own cars we have a vast majority of posties working no different from how they did pre revision , massive bags , not teaking breaks and coming in early , the trolleys are scattered all about the office only used for the first week .

At our office It's a question of what you want to do , work how we used to , improvise and try a make the best of a poor situation or stick to the 2010 agreement full stop . I'm in the second option , I never go in early , never carry heavy bags and do use the trolley when needs be but if we are allowed out early I'm out . So basically it's a free for all .
pugwash
Posts: 2
Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 20:01
Gender: Male

Re: park and loop failed before it started

Post by pugwash »

our revision was put back untill april, now our manager says it will be up and running in nine weeks he hasn`t even got anything down on paper we haven`t seen this planner we keep hearing about. when i look at what other offices are doing or not doing i can`t wait to see how our office turns out.
pickaname
Posts: 1467
Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 20:24

Re: park and loop failed before it started

Post by pickaname »

I cant wait for P&L

Guaranteed overtime everyday on my own duty and further OT doing cutoffs.

No overtime at present due to absorbing so P&L will be fantastic.

Rep is sorting it now so Im salivating thinking about all the hours I can claim

:dance
skull
Posts: 450
Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: park and loop failed before it started

Post by skull »

kangaroo22 wrote:park and loop does anybody believe this is workable,coming soon at our office,just doesnt seem workkable to me, can anyone come on here and tell me its working at their office.

It's the unachievable worK load that makes P&L look bad . When RM go back to the drawing board all they have to do is make our duties achievable in the time we have , at the moment they are still trying to get blood out of a stone . Once it's dawned on them that that's all they have to do everyone's a winner . It's so simple , I still can't beleive they haven't worked it out , there again it's RM management we are talking about . They can't use not having the itelligence as a reason , maybe they have'nt got the will , do they think every office implementing revision is conspiring to make modernisation fail , is it deliberate sabotage so the path to privatisation can be paved or is it they just don't have the funds . What ever the reason Rm is just falling into disrepair . Well done Moya and co .

I wonder if RM and it's employees had this commotion all them years ago when they went from horse drawn carriages to mechanical driven vehicles . If you listen carefully you can still hear the distant echoes from posties " horse drawn carriages have always worked why are we modernising ".

For the last 4 weeks our 32 hr contract posties have been starting 1.25 hrs earlier , the office is running ok . This week no booking overtime mon and tues , you can only work your contracted hours . Guess what's starting to happen .
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: park and loop failed before it started

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I agree with you Skull that P & L would work if the workloads were "Reasonable". However I believe RM just want to keep penny pinching instead of providing a quality service! If they took an hours delivery off 4 duties there would be another duty (plus the indoor bits etc). That seems to be the sticking point, they don't want to employ that extra postie! :sad:

They argue that it's the wage bill but we keep reading, on here, about offices that are top heavy with Management (and I'm sure they get paid more than a postie). They just seem to be more effective at resisting staff cuts, as witnessed recently when they managed to negotiate their way out of the 2000 "middle-management" cull. :shock:

God knows why, as I'm sure we've all got examples of how our offices ran perfectly well without any DIMs, if they happened to go on a course/holiday! I'm sure RM just like to keep them for their "Enforcement" role of screwing down the budgets. :hmmmm
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
essexboy
Posts: 14
Joined: 07 Feb 2011, 16:17
Gender: Female

Re: park and loop failed before it started

Post by essexboy »

Dorset Plodder wrote:I agree with you Skull that P & L would work if the workloads were "Reasonable". However I believe RM just want to keep penny pinching instead of providing a quality service! If they took an hours delivery off 4 duties there would be another duty (plus the indoor bits etc). That seems to be the sticking point, they don't want to employ that extra postie! :sad:

They argue that it's the wage bill but we keep reading, on here, about offices that are top heavy with Management (and I'm sure they get paid more than a postie). They just seem to be more effective at resisting staff cuts, as witnessed recently when they managed to negotiate their way out of the 2000 "middle-management" cull. :shock:

God knows why, as I'm sure we've all got examples of how our offices ran perfectly well without any DIMs, if they happened to go on a course/holiday! I'm sure RM just like to keep them for their "Enforcement" role of screwing down the budgets. :hmmmm


it has to happen eventually, even the most cost effective DIM in the world can only cut so much.

lets say they are on £30k PA thats 3 x 25hour contracts, more if its 12week rolling.