ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

A few question if no one minds?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: A few question if no one minds?

Post by BELIAL »

meercat wrote:
fishtank wrote:
I start at 0620 and my meal relief is 0840...again what was your point? :confused
Why don't you tell me what your point is? Have you got one or do you just take the piss?
FFs ,just take your meal relief . IT will help to save your job!
Last edited by andy2007 on 05 Feb 2011, 09:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed insults.
Bye
meercat
Posts: 814
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

Re: A few question if no one minds?

Post by meercat »

Are all these threatening comments and the foul language tolerated here now then? This forum has really gone down hill.

Don't tell me how to do my job Belial as I'm sure you don't want me to tell you how to do yours. That would be arrogant and rude.
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: A few question if no one minds?

Post by BELIAL »

Heavens to Betsy ,I was being nice :chuckle
Bye
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: A few question if no one minds?

Post by fishtank »

Look meercat...your original point was that part-timers don't have time to take their break.
That is obviously nonsense,you can't not have time for a break...you can only not have time to complete the work.

Then your point moved on to pressure from colleagues and while i understand that this is a real issue and some members are complete w*****rs the only way to resolve that situation is to stand against it,not go along with it and as POSTMAN pointed out that involves "growing a pair"...that's not an insult,it's good advice.

Then your point moved on to taking your break after 2hrs and i pointed out that mine is scheduled after 2hrs20mins and to be honest sometimes it doesn't come quick enough.

...then we finally got to the truth meercat. :sad:
If I wanted to sit in an empty canteen for 30mins looking at the wall I would do it. But I don't. If that's OK with you
All of the nonsense you were feeding us was utter bullsh*t.
You're just a flyer...like the full-time colleagues you whine and bitch about.
Who was taking the p*ss all along?
You're not doing your part-time colleagues any favours on this thread,most of them have real issues not made up s**t...
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
kizzy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 42
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 16:43
Gender: Male

Re: A few question if no one minds?

Post by kizzy »

Well thanks for the replies, seems I open up some sort of debate . what a happy bunch we are beg the question what the F*>*k have I let me self in for?

You seem to missing the point I was not asking about breaks I was asking about the whole Job. (all being breaks they are a bonus) I attend to just do what I can, I except that I going to be slow while picking up the Job and being new and the fact that I am one Fat Bastard. And if they don't except that well that there problem.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: A few question if no one minds?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I shall keep this polite and free of insults but TBH I can understand why Meercat is getting his knickers in a twist, but I don't see why he has got it with ALL fulltimers.

Meercat you are given time in your working day to take a break - that break is paid for. So not taking it you are giving them an 30 minutes free work.

Who decides not to take the break - You Do.
Who allowed themselves to be pressurised into not taking a break - You did.

But you decided to take it out on FT on here who understand where you are coming from but can do ABSOLUTELY nothing about it other than advising you to take your break. What else can you expect - Postman, me or Fishtank to come into your office and back you up.

Yes there are idiots who are looking for an easy life and they do that by putting pressure on you to get ready. Well if they are that selfish, then you be the same, TAKE YOUR BREAK. If it causes problems for the driver, management should sort it. If you can't do your delivery within your duty time without taking your break - Management should sort it.

If you don't want to take your break in an empty canteen - why not take it on your duty, most duties are within reach of a shop selling snacks, some are lucky enough to have a bakers or greasy spoon close by = use them you'll get to know the residents as well.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: A few question if no one minds?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

kizzy wrote:Well thanks for the replies, seems I open up some sort of debate . what a happy bunch we are beg the question what the F*>*k have I let me self in for?

You seem to missing the point I was not asking about breaks I was asking about the whole Job. (all being breaks they are a bonus) I attend to just do what I can, I except that I going to be slow while picking up the Job and being new and the fact that I am one Fat Bastard. And if they don't except that well that there problem.
Dont worry about being a FB -- after a few months as a Postie you'll be a Thin Bastard - being a bastard is a good strong stance sometimes when dealing with RM management.

Wierd thing is most of the stressed ones at my place and the headless chickens who hate the job but go the extra mile to make 20 minutes or so, the laid back don't take any s**t from anyone type seem to still enjoy the job. Is there a connection - I leave you to make your own mind up after a few weeks. :Very Happy
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: A few question if no one minds?

Post by POSTMAN »

Apologies for swearing,frustration seeping in i guess.Over 4 years of reading about our colleages being shat on by either management or their colleagues i guess takes it's toll.
And then there's the selfish others.
s**t happens i guess.

A few guys cut off at my place yesterday,we were discussing it today in our break,boy it was tight today,DOM was flapping like anything worried we'd do the same today. :cuppa
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: A few question if no one minds?

Post by Pat Ostman »

POSTMAN wrote:While i laugh in the face of anyone who says "i don't have time to have a break" a lot coming out seems to be our colleagues who are upset that if they have to wait then they're going to miss the start of dickinson's real deal.
I would of said jeremy kyle but what with the later starts and him also being on earlier...

Don't be scared,grow a pair (yep i've used it again) and take your breaks.
In the end you will win.
Maybe you would not laugh as much if you were part time and on park and loop :no no
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: A few question if no one minds?

Post by clashcityrocker »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote: Dont worry about being a FB -- after a few months as a Postie you'll be a Thin Bastard
Quite a lot of posties are overweight.
I think it is overcompensating for the calories you burn off working.
It is partly because if you get dehydrated your body craves sweet things.
And in some cases it is comfort eating because nobody loves them.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
meercat
Posts: 814
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

Re: A few question if no one minds?

Post by meercat »

fishtank wrote:Look meercat...your original point was that part-timers don't have time to take their break.
Explicitly, I did not say that. I very clearly advised the guy that IF he doesn't have time for a break he would finish 30mins earlier than his expected finish time. In other words he'd be taking his break at the end of his shift. You should pay more attention to what you are reading.
fishtank wrote:...then we finally got to the truth meercat. :sad:
"If I wanted to sit in an empty canteen for 30mins looking at the wall I would do it. But I don't. If that's OK with you"

All of the nonsense you were feeding us was utter bullsh*t.
You're just a flyer..
I seriously don't understand how you can conclude that I'm a 'flyer' just because I don't want to sit in an empty canteen for 2 1/2 hrs every week. The truth of the matter is, I deliver at a safe and efficient pace, I get signatures for ALL of my recordeds, I look after my customers, I change the occasional light bulb for old dears in retirement flats, and I never get back to the DO before my time. I never go home early. I need to book OT 3 out of 5 days a week on average and I do book my 30mins break every day (at the end of my duty) as I advised the original poster to do.

fishtank wrote:Who was taking the p*ss all along?
You're not doing your part-time colleagues any favours on this thread,most of them have real issues not made up s**t...
Again you are using abusive foul language to accuse me of being a liar and a time waster. If that is how you go about life, not listening to what people have said and abusing them then more the fool you.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: A few question if no one minds?

Post by POSTMAN »

Pat Ostman wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:While i laugh in the face of anyone who says "i don't have time to have a break" a lot coming out seems to be our colleagues who are upset that if they have to wait then they're going to miss the start of dickinson's real deal.
I would of said jeremy kyle but what with the later starts and him also being on earlier...

Don't be scared,grow a pair (yep i've used it again) and take your breaks.
In the end you will win.
Maybe you would not laugh as much if you were part time and on park and loop :no no
I would,and yes i talk the talk but i also walk the walk as well,well,except for when i'm on my break,regardless of what hrs i would be contracted for.
I'll apologise again if i've offended others,but i'm no mug.
Sorry.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: A few question if no one minds?

Post by POSTMAN »

Meercat people swear mate,don't take it personally,no one is abuseing you.

Now,get the wanky drivers bags ready before he throws a strop then have your break.
Dare i say,simples.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: A few question if no one minds?

Post by fishtank »

meercat wrote: Again you are using abusive foul language to accuse me of being a liar and a time waster. If that is how you go about life, not listening to what people have said and abusing them then more the fool you.
Don't play the victim meercat....it doesn't suit you.
You started the insults....you asked me a question...
WHAT WOULD YOU DO FISHTANK?!?
And when you didn't like my answer which was insult free you said...
Another full timer without a clue.
When i answered again...insult free you said....
Why don't you tell me what your point is? Have you got one or do you just take the piss?
The fact is you have a break...and you refuse to take it,the fault for that lies squarely at your feet whether you choose to accept it or not...frankly i couldn't care less.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
meercat
Posts: 814
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

Re: A few question if no one minds?

Post by meercat »

fishtank wrote: The fact is you have a break...and you refuse to take it,the fault for that lies squarely at your feet whether you choose to accept it or not...frankly i couldn't care less.
Well then WHY are you still banging on about it then? There is no fault here, there is nothing wrong with me putting my break at the end of my 5 1/2 hr duty if that's what I want to do. What makes you think you have a right to tell me and other people what to do? You sound like a tyrant, a dictator. You are obsessed that I should have my break before I go out rather than at the end of my shift. AND IT IS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU. END OF.