Didn't go down well when I did this at all. Dim kept pestering me to say why I was off even though the docs notes had said why. I was just being arsey and it did work. The other thing about stages being ghost issued I had a stage 1 issued without any interview. Asked for the notes and surprise surprise there were none. Must happen quite a lot in mega bully offices.clashcityrocker wrote:The first question they ask you in one of these informal discussions is - would you like to tell me about your absence.
One of my colleagues just said no.
I think this should now be everyone's default position when questioned informally by their line manager or DOM.
Would you like to discuss it?
No.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
No back to work interview after being off sick
-
sidewinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 348
- Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
- Gender: Male
Re: No back to work interview after being off sick
-
deko79
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 12 Aug 2010, 17:44
- Gender: Male
Re: No back to work interview after being off sick
i got off a stage 1 warning when there was no btw interview done... i told them they couldn`t justify the reason i was off cos there was no interview and i got off. query the reason u were off and ask to see ur signature..if they don`t have it then they can`t issue stage 1John_B wrote:I was off sick about 4 weeks ago now, this has now put my total time off since joining RM (about 7 years now) into question.
I have been called for an interview to review my time off sick with the possibility of receiving a stage 1.
However, I have NEVER had a back to work interview, even though I was signed off by my doctor when I was off the other week.
Can they still put me on a stage 1 even though I have never had a back to work interview ?
-
patrickstar
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 07:30
Re: No back to work interview after being off sick
if a stage warning is not issued within 3 months of the sickness period return date, then the manager should not issue that warning according to another post on here a few weeks ago.
Its under the attendance procedure,clarifications section
Its under the attendance procedure,clarifications section