God help all that new business then!So in them situations d2d's will be at the bottom of the priority list and would fail
Not a dig at you skull,a dig at managment.Funny as f**k.
God help all that new business then!So in them situations d2d's will be at the bottom of the priority list and would fail
POSTMAN wrote:God help all that new business then!So in them situations d2d's will be at the bottom of the priority list and would fail
Not a dig at you skull,a dig at managment.Funny as f**k.
Rubbish!skull wrote:Genuine reasons to me would be posties being put on the duty who have never done it before , who don't want to or can't work overtime and if they are not 100% due to illness . So in them situations d2d's will be at the bottom of the priority list and would fail . In these circumstances it's up to the managers to get it sorted but they haven't got the manpower .
There might be managers out there who would prefer a postie to prep d2d's instead of using that prep time to deliver mail but they are certainly not at our office . Just forget about 12-13 minutes it takes as long as it takes . If I fell into one of the above reasons for not doing the d2d's and a manager came to me and insisted I prep the d2d's rather than getting out and delivering mail I just presume he was another idiot manager amongst many . I maybe wrong but packets and letters and not d2d's are more important to RM .Himaggen wrote:Rubbish!skull wrote:Genuine reasons to me would be posties being put on the duty who have never done it before , who don't want to or can't work overtime and if they are not 100% due to illness . So in them situations d2d's will be at the bottom of the priority list and would fail . In these circumstances it's up to the managers to get it sorted but they haven't got the manpower .
It makes no difference if they've never seen the frame or duty before, they perform the indoor part of the workload, and cut off the outdoor portion if they wish to work to their time.
Lets say your unknown frame had 600 delivery points requiring D2D, this would mean that the new postie would need to prep 100 of them. Lets say there were three items that week, using the RM supplied figures, that's 8 Items per minute i.e. between 12 and 13 minutes. Therefore which is preferable? around a quarter of an hour extra work indoors, or more time outside in the winter weather on a duty they're unfamiliar with?
Your manager wouldn't be the idiot....skull wrote: If I fell into one of the above reasons for not doing the d2d's and a manager came to me and insisted I prep the d2d's rather than getting out and delivering mail I just presume he was another idiot manager amongst many . I maybe wrong but packets and letters and not d2d's are more important to RM .
All the news reports about RM's failings have been from customers not receiving their packets and letters , I haven't seen any reports about businesses not getting their d2d's delivered . One day when mail volumes have dropped ( i won't hold my breath ) d2d's will be more important than letters and packets . At this moment in time With offices falling apart due to poor revision and low manning levels I can't believe anyone would prioritise d2d's .fishtank wrote:Your manager wouldn't be the idiot....skull wrote: If I fell into one of the above reasons for not doing the d2d's and a manager came to me and insisted I prep the d2d's rather than getting out and delivering mail I just presume he was another idiot manager amongst many . I maybe wrong but packets and letters and not d2d's are more important to RM .
If you prep the D2D and cut off what happens to the mail and packets you don't deliver?
Do they get thrown back into a box to be forgotten and eventually fail forcing Royal Mail to have to refund the sender what they paid them plus the printing and publishing costs?
Himaggen wrote:By delivering the D2D and cutting off, you are ensuring that the Management put in the necessary resources to get all the mail delivered. They cannot leave packets etc. undelivered, and it would be a whole lot more difficult to dump them all at a tip / recycle plant or even burn them as is commonplace with the D2D. (sending back undelivered D2D has both immediate cost implications and damages our future revenue streams). If or whenever you can throw in the D2D first, then your flats / mailsort, empty your packet sack(s) and leave your walk-sorted / sequenced mail until last. The Manager will find it a whole lot harder to kick you out for delivery with bundles of those still on your workstation.
Unless a manager puts that instruction in writing,i personally would ignore it and let them conduct me for "refusing a reasonable request".if you haven't got time leave the d2d
fishtank wrote:Unless a manager puts that instruction in writing,i personally would ignore it and let them conduct me for "refusing a reasonable request".if you haven't got time leave the d2d
Then this manager would be in a s**t load of trouble.
I don't need a message to reach me from anywhere and neither does the manager....I know my job and i know how to keep my job....it doesn't sound like he/she knows how to keep theirs.
skull wrote:Genuine reasons to me would be posties being put on the duty who have never done it before , who don't want to or can't work overtime and if they are not 100% due to illness . So in them situations d2d's will be at the bottom of the priority list and would fail . In these circumstances it's up to the managers to get it sorted but they haven't got the manpower .