90% of sitcoms are trash. This one will be no different especially if you think the writer hasn't the imagination to think up his/her own stories or incidents so comes on here under a pseudonym.
The problem with the portrayal of postal workers on TV is that it informs the public's opinion of us - or mis-informs them. People really do believe what they see on TV:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/notesandqueri ... 13,00.html
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
TV Sitcom - Help Needed
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: TV Sitcom - Help Needed
Just follow the sounds of the screaming and moaning. I recon 24hrs should do you for that commentLounge Lizard wrote:krussel wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote:... or emptied your sack.POSTMAN wrote:Ok you can also use my joke for free as well...MisterSitter wrote:Thanks for that, will defo make sure this site is credited.POSTMAN wrote:Make sure the site gets a mention!!
Also see the link for some links...
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... ?f=1&t=886" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"We're supposed to be the new milkmen,but no one's ever had my cream"
![]()
![]()
Naughty room Lizard
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Last edited by krussel on 03 Feb 2011, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
MisterSitter
- Posts: 28
- Joined: 12 Dec 2009, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: TV Sitcom - Help Needed
It's not like that and I'm not him under a pseudonym. I am a postie and he is a writer. He's not lacking imagination he's looking for some realism. The story is gonna be told from the postie's point of view and be sympathetic to him.meercat wrote:90% of sitcoms are trash. This one will be no different especially if you think the writer hasn't the imagination to think up his/her own stories or incidents so comes on here under a pseudonym.
The problem with the portrayal of postal workers on TV is that it informs the public's opinion of us - or mis-informs them. People really do believe what they see on TV:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/notesandqueri ... 13,00.html
-
old-postie
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 15 Jan 2010, 21:47
- Gender: Male
Re: TV Sitcom - Help Needed
if it's realism then it should be a tragedy and not a comedy.
unless he's planning to go ashes to ashes/life on mars the days of being abe to have a laugh with workmates, customers or even gaffers is loooooong gone
unless he's planning to go ashes to ashes/life on mars the days of being abe to have a laugh with workmates, customers or even gaffers is loooooong gone
-
MisterSitter
- Posts: 28
- Joined: 12 Dec 2009, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: TV Sitcom - Help Needed
I agree. I'm there on a day to day basis and have plenty to get off my chest. I think the term 'sitcom' can be misleading. I truly believe it wont be My Family or Dinnerladies, I'm hoping for something a bit more 'Extras' or 'The Thick of It'.old-postie wrote:if it's realism then it should be a tragedy and not a comedy.
unless he's planning to go ashes to ashes/life on mars the days of being abe to have a laugh with workmates, customers or even gaffers is loooooong gone
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: TV Sitcom - Help Needed
old-postie wrote:if it's realism then it should be a tragedy and not a comedy.
unless he's planning to go ashes to ashes/life on mars the days of being abe to have a laugh with workmates, customers or even gaffers is loooooong gone
Trouble is when you take the job at face value and place it on the screen its simply not that interesting. Same streets, same letters, same moans etc.
If you think about it at best it would be a black comedy and most likely turn out quite depressing.
It would take the talent of say Alan Bleasdale who was always very good at getting a more socialist view across (without offending people) to pull it off and I just don’t see that sort of genius around anymore.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: TV Sitcom - Help Needed
Fair enough, but I guarantee the actor on the screen will NOT be seen walking out the door everyday with an overloaded pouch and the reality of how much mail we carry WILL NOT come across to the viewer. And you won't see a bullying manager in this show or see someone sacked for not wearing a cycle helmet.MisterSitter wrote: It's not like that and I'm not him under a pseudonym. I am a postie and he is a writer. He's not lacking imagination he's looking for some realism. The story is gonna be told from the postie's point of view and be sympathetic to him.
The job has never been shown accurately before so why now? You'll see a guy jumping out of a van with a smile on his face carrying two letters for Mrs Jones and he'll take 2mins to deliver them stopping for a chat at the gate. And he'll be smoking in the pub by 3pm. Oh what a cliche.
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: TV Sitcom - Help Needed
meercat wrote:Fair enough, but I guarantee the actor on the screen will NOT be seen walking out the door everyday with an overloaded pouch and the reality of how much mail we carry WILL NOT come across to the viewer. And you won't see a bullying manager in this show or see someone sacked for not wearing a cycle helmet.MisterSitter wrote: It's not like that and I'm not him under a pseudonym. I am a postie and he is a writer. He's not lacking imagination he's looking for some realism. The story is gonna be told from the postie's point of view and be sympathetic to him.
The job has never been shown accurately before so why now? You'll see a guy jumping out of a van with a smile on his face carrying two letters for Mrs Jones and he'll take 2mins to deliver them stopping for a chat at the gate. And he'll be smoking in the pub by 3pm. Oh what a cliche.
TBF meercat, even now, I can be in the pub by 3pm, do you mean he'll be job done & in the pub an hour after he starts & ghosting more than Derek Acora? Loved and respected by his customers, treated with dignity by his lineos, and given the best walk in office in a repick, despite being so low on seniority he's not old enough to shave?
Mister Sitter, if your china wants to do a realistic sit-com based on the post office, he'd best have the bitter, twisted and cynical black humour of someone like Bill Hicks, George Carlin, Dylan Moran, Jack Dee ( before he sold out to John Smiths ), Frankie Boyle, etc, etc,.....otherwise he'll find himself flamed by us here & we'll find customers re-raising impossible expectations of our job AND thinking they know what goes on "Cos I seen it on the telly" in the same way that Fawlty Towers, Psycho and Hotel Paradiso is an accurate depiction of the hotel trade
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: TV Sitcom - Help Needed
Bye