ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What have I let my self in for?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: What have I let my self in for?

Post by BELIAL »

Uh oh :nervous
Bye
L8Hatter
Posts: 191
Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 13:26
Gender: Male

Re: What have I let my self in for?

Post by L8Hatter »

POSTMAN wrote:L8 welcome to the site,and boy will your office have some fun when your revision comes in.
Thanks postman, it's a great site.

Assuming I survive the revision cull ,it won't affect too much, as I'm one of the few who works to something like 2pm, and I come back to the DO as it's on my way home (non-driver on a bike). Can't see this being anything but bad news for a lot of the full-timers though
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: What have I let my self in for?

Post by smokerjim »

Sippin40oz wrote: Contracts are likely to be renewed every 3 months for 3 months at a time to keep you in check. RM doesnt like their staff to get too comfortable.
This is normal, legal and ( for the way RM treat their staff, especially the fixed term temps, ) morally corrupt
Sippin40oz wrote:You might be lucky and get into a delivery office that is decent but more than likely it will be proper sh**. You will probably be subjected to harrassment, forced overtime and blatantly manager dishonesty at every turn! Welcome to the madhouse :crazy:
I spent 3 months at Maidstone ( I was told there the rep was as "useful as a left handed w*nk", ) with one day's induction, 3 days "puppy walked" then left to get on with it ( but I was kept on the same walk for 8 or 9 weeks which seems unusual nowadays ) then I got farmed out to Sevenoaks, ( with a good rep & a fairly strong office ) was on the same walk for 15 months, and got loads of help from people rather than the "I'm alright, Jack, why are you so slow and f***ing' up my day?" attitude I got before ( that is a bit harsh on Maidstone, but that is the overriding impression I got from the bus driver ).
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!