ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

why are we modernising?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: why are we modernising?

Post by smokerjim »

fishtank wrote:
bunkerland wrote: I've not been a member long enough to have read all your posts NT,probably only about the last 500 or so,do you ever have anything positive to say,or are you just the merchant of doom? :hmmmm Can't help feeling you'd be absolutely delighted if the whole company did go tits up! What caused such bitterness? :sad: Wife run off with a postie? :cry Or was the family pet killed by a 600? :cry
It's easy not to give a damm when you're sitting back with nothing riding on the outcome.
NT is no longer in the loop and it shows...this is just a spectator sport for him now.
I think he already has his top 10 "I told you so" posts saved in his favourites folder. :cuppa
I know, RM have been out of Old Street for about a year, innit? Somewhere in Whitehall now, near Embankment ( I can't see the rent being cheaper in SW1 than it is in EC1 :roll: )
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Night Tonic
Posts: 1474
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 21:35

Re: why are we modernising?

Post by Night Tonic »

Couldn't agree more on that

As for the rather injured comments by other fag packet readers that I am the purveyor of doom and gloom, I must be in the right place eh? :Very Happy
Don't believe everything you're told in the rest room
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: why are we modernising?

Post by POSTMAN »

Night Tonic wrote:Couldn't agree more on that

As for the rather injured comments by other fag packet readers that I am the purveyor of doom and gloom, I must be in the right place eh? :Very Happy
Seems the fag packet info is a lot more reliable than yours. :whistle
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
bunkerland
Posts: 546
Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: why are we modernising?

Post by bunkerland »

Night Tonic wrote:Couldn't agree more on that

As for the rather injured comments by other fag packet readers that I am the purveyor of doom and gloom, I must be in the right place eh? :Very Happy
I'm not sure you are in the right place NT,whilst most of us may fear doom and gloom in the future of RM,and many of us may predict it,you seem to be the only one with a burning desire for it! :
Night Tonic
Posts: 1474
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 21:35

Re: why are we modernising?

Post by Night Tonic »

Not so much desire but realisation and acceptance, unless you think Billy boy can pull a rabbit out of the hat.
Don't believe everything you're told in the rest room
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: why are we modernising?

Post by smokerjim »

Night Tonic wrote:Not so much desire but realisation and acceptance, unless you think Billy boy can pull a rabbit out of the hat.
Aye he might, but if it's already in a rabbit pie we're scuttered :shock:
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: why are we modernising?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Night Tonic wrote:Not so much desire but realisation and acceptance, unless you think Billy boy can pull a rabbit out of the hat.
I claim my £5 and name you Neville Chamberlain. :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Night Tonic
Posts: 1474
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 21:35

Re: why are we modernising?

Post by Night Tonic »

Aye, but then I'm one of the untouchables although not as untouchable as the pieman with his coverted number plate. Just shows you, you can't trust anyone. :d'oh!
Don't believe everything you're told in the rest room