Havent the car bans been happening for years now and YOU lot crying cos its not enforced ???
Dream on ........... If it helps RM then they wont enforce it totally .
IF and when they do then no probs .... less work to do .
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
lapsing deal
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: lapsing deal
No - only on implementation of CDVs is PCOD banned as per the BT2010 agreement. Any previous bans have been by local arrangements only - thats why RM have a bond.calpsy wrote:Havent the car bans been happening for years now and YOU lot crying cos its not enforced ???
Correct - even when the bond is removed and it becomes illegal even with insurance to carry mail in a private car - then DOMs will turn a blind eye to it anyone using a PCOD, because its easier for them to manager. At least until there is an accident or a postie is pulled over by the police - then its even easier - they'll sack the offender and deny all knowledge.calpsy wrote:Dream on ........... If it helps RM then they wont enforce it totally .
Excellent, although essentially that is the position already of the "anti PCOD" members.calpsy wrote:IF and when they do then no probs .... less work to do .
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: lapsing deal
It's a good deal now but soon it'll be Monday & Tuesday, then Saturday too, and so on. People who work for this company, they're so bloody thick if they'll let managers string them around like this. A manager's promises aren't worth the s**t they're written in. I had a manager tell me categorically a fortnight ago that 'our office will never lapse' because he'd 'seen it in other offices and it just wouldn't work in our office like it does elsewhere'.
Yeah, right, bollocks, I thought.
By the way, in an unrelated matter we're starting lapsing next week. Well, I say we're starting lapsing. It's going to be f*cking fun is all I'm going to say
. I literally cannot wait, lapsing is likely to be the conduit that enables me to transmit the full force of my destructive side and inflict it upon those around me. I'm chillaxed, really, I don't like the job enough to give a damn about it and I don't like the managers enough to care about what the f*ck they think when I give them some sh*t to deal with.
How many other lads will dig in and fight their corner?
None, probably. They're wet, they're weak, they'll work for free and smile about it in-between moaning about it.
Yeah, right, bollocks, I thought.
By the way, in an unrelated matter we're starting lapsing next week. Well, I say we're starting lapsing. It's going to be f*cking fun is all I'm going to say
How many other lads will dig in and fight their corner?
None, probably. They're wet, they're weak, they'll work for free and smile about it in-between moaning about it.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: lapsing deal
Unbelievable lol
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
robd
- Posts: 510
- Joined: 31 Jan 2007, 12:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Yorkshire
Re: lapsing deal
This is another reason i left the union,robust plans are put in place through weekly resourcing meetings,so when it's evident through a combination of traffic/sickness that a duty is uncovered and sufficent time is not available,the walk will have to go out on overtime....Unless,no,maybe they'll all come in early to do it for nothing,and you'll still get done on time,now for the clincher,you might even finish early!
Of course,these kind of 'deals' only ever benefit individuals,not the entire office,and that's my problem with it.
Of course,these kind of 'deals' only ever benefit individuals,not the entire office,and that's my problem with it.
-
peterhazell
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 02 May 2010, 07:32
- Gender: Male
Re: lapsing deal
Can you imagine TNT drivers using there own cars for delivery, make the most of the freedom youve got now because it wont last,clocking in/out, returning to office after shift,set break times for everyone!lLonger hours for less money thats whats coming, Believe it!The upside you may still have a job?
-
calpsy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
- Gender: Male
Re: lapsing deal
OMFG ! ! !
Is it gonna get THAT BAD ? ? ? ?
Oh dear you paint a not very nice picture of the future .
Dont think I want to stay now .
OR ............. maybe you just believe what everyone tells you ..........
.....
Oh dear you paint a not very nice picture of the future .
Dont think I want to stay now .
OR ............. maybe you just believe what everyone tells you ..........
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: lapsing deal
It is crazy! There are many saboteurs amongst our own members of staff. Its all about self interest! And they make ythe sensible and straightforward folks look like moaners and rebels.
One idiot in my office goes shouting his head off (mocking or joking?) when I tried to claim overtime or decide that I was not doing my lapse; 'oh you cannot claim overtime for that round - it is a doddle'.
The same idiot is in cahoot with the manager to pick up lots of overtime when people are absent, he comes in early and literally runs (young fella on red bull/steroids) and use his car like a bike (constantly moving the car to new places and sometimes leaving the engine running whilst he runs up and down the road/street).
That people come in early and finish earlier than their finish time sometimes means that they actually work for longer but get home early - why oh why! The only exception is if the person has the odd personal/medical (doctors/dentist) or childcare reasons but it is hard to pin down the managers when one is constantly being undermined by eggits and/or yokels.
One idiot in my office goes shouting his head off (mocking or joking?) when I tried to claim overtime or decide that I was not doing my lapse; 'oh you cannot claim overtime for that round - it is a doddle'.
The same idiot is in cahoot with the manager to pick up lots of overtime when people are absent, he comes in early and literally runs (young fella on red bull/steroids) and use his car like a bike (constantly moving the car to new places and sometimes leaving the engine running whilst he runs up and down the road/street).
That people come in early and finish earlier than their finish time sometimes means that they actually work for longer but get home early - why oh why! The only exception is if the person has the odd personal/medical (doctors/dentist) or childcare reasons but it is hard to pin down the managers when one is constantly being undermined by eggits and/or yokels.
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: lapsing deal
peterhazell wrote:Can you imagine TNT drivers using there own cars for delivery, make the most of the freedom youve got now because it wont last,clocking in/out, returning to office after shift,set break times for everyone!lLonger hours for less money thats whats coming, Believe it!The upside you may still have a job?
I dont this poster is in anyway in fantasy land. And it does not sound that bad except for working for longer on less money. That happens all the time when a huge company is privatised - the new owner will want to make as much money as possible by cutting wages and reducing employment laws liabilities.
People working their hours, clocking in and out and getting breaks will make a welcome change to the haphazrd way things work presently. Some long term RM staff needs to look around and see what is happening elsewhere...
BTW the old style 'Trade Union' is going to die inthe next few years - there will be very little protection.
-
sidewinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 348
- Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
- Gender: Male
Re: lapsing deal
Sorry pal I was on post office telecoms when it went British telecom. We didn't believe what would happen either. It did approx 3-4 years after the privatisation. Our areas got larger, jobs were lost, different times,I used to do 8-5 mon to fri and that changed to working 4 out of the 7 with various start and finish times. Welost all sorts of little subsidies like meal allowance and had to do jobs we weren't even trained for. Some of the runners who took short cuts to do their job found out because of time and motion studies thatthey could nowdo that one job more in a very tight time line. They moaned because they couldn't get home 10 mins early anymore.calpsy wrote:OMFG ! ! !Is it gonna get THAT BAD ? ? ? ?
Oh dear you paint a not very nice picture of the future .
Dont think I want to stay now .
OR ............. maybe you just believe what everyone tells you ...............
Sounds familiar on some aspects dosent it? And this was back in the 80s and I saw the same thing happening to rm before I got out. Glad I've got away from I work for free mugs like this ( same in my old office)they be in a hour or so before start time with nothing to do, run around all to make no more than a hour at the end. It was these people who would boast about they could do the lapsing in x amount of time , causing older people ( 35 and above... Just my observation no offence meant)to strugglebecause we weren't able or want to run. Funny how you ask these people why they do it and they always have an excuse that they have to finish early. I can see the clocking in bit being the norm on rm soon as by using a card to swipe In and out will save a lot of money in removing jobs from wages, hr and maybe a assistant dim. Believe me when this gets sold, taken over or privatised your pcod will seem like trivial matters. You prob be pt on a min wage and WILL be working your days off for free to catch up. Seen it on bt and it's not scare mongering. But then you seem to like paying out of you're own pocket in fuel and time so it won't really matter will it.