ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New Uniform

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
woofwoof
Posts: 1516
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 16:23
Gender: Male
Location: stinky land

Re: New Uniform

Post by woofwoof »

bring back the thermol coat and the clark shoes
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: New Uniform

Post by dvbuk55 »

mucker wrote:now now boy's go carefull your blood presure may go up,especially you Dv a man of your tender years :chuckle :cuppa
Hey! I've got a bone to pick with you......the last two check ups I've had to increase the medication and now I know why................stop them puppies NOW, too late I've already got that avatar as my desktop AND screensaver :oops:
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: New Uniform

Post by General Mannerheim »

POSTMAN wrote:Courier said they were trialled by us posties so that's it,move along now please. :cuppa
Was it your office then? :roll:
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: New Uniform

Post by RedBagMan »

For a skinny wretch like me - the new trousers are a far better fit than the blue buggers. Agree with pocket problem - sit down and things "fall out" (ooo-err)... and would prefer a cargo pocket on both sides rather than just on the left. Like the blue long sleeved shirts - always preferred long sleeved ... because you can roll them up :chuckle Fleece is missing a breast pocket ... Stormproof jacket is great (although velcro on pockets interferes with my woolly fingerless gloves !). Cagoule, polos and waterproof troos still in plastic wrappers ... and the belt (back to skinny wretch mode) goes halfway round my back !
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: New Uniform

Post by POSTMAN »

General Mannerheim wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Courier said they were trialled by us posties so that's it,move along now please. :cuppa
Was it your office then? :roll:
It was a joke. :nervous Or is yours a joke :nervous I'm confused :confused :nervous
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
mazza111
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 877
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
Gender: Female

Re: New Uniform

Post by mazza111 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
mazza111 wrote:Wish I had ordered men's trousers now, the women's ones are the opposite, could fit my legs in them twice over. Enormous!
I hope I don't appear thick but what's the difference..................I didn't even know there were mens and womens trousers AND why would womens have larger legs?


I have no idea. I just know mine have big baggy legs(and are slightly short despite being 31" inside leg so i have to wear them as hipsters) . I believe the trousers were made as male/female. Then they made the shirts unisex. Which means all the lady posties are walking around with mega baggy clothes on. At least the ladies blouses had a wee bit of shape to them, unlike the new sacks.

Maybe I'm just an odd shape :arrrghhh
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8953
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Re: New Uniform

Post by blue1873 »

mazza111 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
mazza111 wrote:Wish I had ordered men's trousers now, the women's ones are the opposite, could fit my legs in them twice over. Enormous!
I hope I don't appear thick but what's the difference..................I didn't even know there were mens and womens trousers AND why would womens have larger legs?


I have no idea. I just know mine have big baggy legs(and are slightly short despite being 31" inside leg so i have to wear them as hipsters) . I believe the trousers were made as male/female. Then they made the shirts unisex. Which means all the lady posties are walking around with mega baggy clothes on. At least the ladies blouses had a wee bit of shape to them, unlike the new sacks.

Maybe I'm just an odd shape :arrrghhh
No Mazza it's not your shape, it's just a cheap
crap uniform ....as someone on here put it
we now look like meter readers :left: :left: :left: :left:
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8953
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Re: New Uniform

Post by blue1873 »

woofwoof wrote:bring back the thermol coat and the clark shoes
Hear ! Hear ! :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause
1983
Posts: 5
Joined: 24 Sep 2010, 18:04
Gender: Male

Re: New Uniform

Post by 1983 »

i dont know how to use the belt
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: New Uniform

Post by dvbuk55 »

1983 wrote:i dont know how to use the belt
Quite obviously you weren't in the same class as me at school. :chuckle
norbert
Posts: 3027
Joined: 15 Jan 2008, 01:46

Re: New Uniform

Post by norbert »

RM won't be supplying these ladies http://www.utterpants.co.uk/news/sex/swissex.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MURDERERS. Need to dispose of a body? Simply parcel it up and post it to yourself via DHL. You will never see it again.
itllnottouchyou
Posts: 164
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 18:21
Gender: Male

Re: New Uniform

Post by itllnottouchyou »

Not got new uniform yet still got purple trousers!!!!!!!!!! :crazy:
baleout
Posts: 122
Joined: 01 Oct 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

Re: New Uniform

Post by baleout »

Have heard from other posties that the new uniform is shite.

I would love to know how and where it has been tested.

Anyone know a tester ?
norbert
Posts: 3027
Joined: 15 Jan 2008, 01:46

Re: New Uniform

Post by norbert »

itllnottouchyou wrote:Not got new uniform yet still got purple trousers!!!!!!!!!! :crazy:
think the purple is something to do with the cheap indigo dye on the cotton part of the trousers fading , and said trousers being badly / cheaply dyed in the first place ? ....Indigo used to be used on jeans years ago and it's come back into fashion .

I believe Marks and Sparks used to test their clothes by having them put through the washer umpteen times :hmmmm
MURDERERS. Need to dispose of a body? Simply parcel it up and post it to yourself via DHL. You will never see it again.
RandyBeanz
Posts: 44
Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 22:30
Gender: Male

Re: New Uniform

Post by RandyBeanz »

mucker wrote:you should try the shirts not much room for my *its :chuckle :nervous
they're not your tits