ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Right or Wrong customer complaint against postie
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Right or Wrong customer complaint against postie
From what has been written, I sympathesize with the OP, it appears that you have a petty feud developing with your neighbour. Cases like this make a strong case in my view for using a minicam (like my Veho Muvi) to record and keep a video diary of deliveries, so when the petty neighbour complains, there is video evidence showing what actually happened (albeit this would involve RM depots having a massive storage capacity to store daily videos for ~1 month, time for any complaint to reach the depot).
If I've read things correctly...
The strangest concept for me is that our depot has had a "return to the depot after last letter policy" for over a year, in which case leaving your own road until last has no benefit. Being able to head straight for home after delivering last letter was tied in with "job and finish" which stopped as part of the agreement, but now we are expected to return to the depot and if need be use any remaining contract time constructively, doing something at our own frame (deads, D2D prep for following day etc.) or sorting some ASAP.
If I've read things correctly...
The strangest concept for me is that our depot has had a "return to the depot after last letter policy" for over a year, in which case leaving your own road until last has no benefit. Being able to head straight for home after delivering last letter was tied in with "job and finish" which stopped as part of the agreement, but now we are expected to return to the depot and if need be use any remaining contract time constructively, doing something at our own frame (deads, D2D prep for following day etc.) or sorting some ASAP.
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Right or Wrong customer complaint against postie
Previously, I was going to say 'job and finish' was a relic of the past... But I (& others) very rarely finish before or on time and the manager does not always calculate 'journey time' when one is arguing for going over/overtime; hence dropping the bag at the nearest post office is what most people do in my office - the 2 major post offices (4 & 7 miles) and the one by the office is in a mini-supermarket and its a lot hassle parking (in fact almost 0 chance). So it is better coming back to the office.
I do return to the office because my nearest Post Office is in the other direction heading home.
One of my post appeared to be lost? In that post, I adviced the original poster to stop making explicit comments about her issues because she can be easily identified by colleagues and managers. And slagging off (identifiable) customers could be a case for disciplinary proceedings. Be careful what you say on this forum - be generic and stay anonymous esp if you are going to be controversial.
I do return to the office because my nearest Post Office is in the other direction heading home.
One of my post appeared to be lost? In that post, I adviced the original poster to stop making explicit comments about her issues because she can be easily identified by colleagues and managers. And slagging off (identifiable) customers could be a case for disciplinary proceedings. Be careful what you say on this forum - be generic and stay anonymous esp if you are going to be controversial.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Right or Wrong customer complaint against postie
calpsy wrote:EH ? ? ? Get a grip ! ! . WHY ffs ? ? ? EVERYONE can and DOES do the frame to suit themselves . Have you been told you MUST MUST MUST do it by the frame ??? Nah didnt think so .tb35 wrote:question 1
do you have pouch boxes on your delivery?
if yes use them
question 2
do you deliver as the frame runsif no do so
question 3
why would you want to leave yourself open to possible conduct code issues?
if i were you i would, at least for the time, being do the job "properly" therefore completely reducing the element of conduct issues and and civil issues.
cover yourself at all times
good luck
By everyone I presume you mean everyone in your office............well kel surprise, not all offices are run in a slipshod fashion. The frames are set out in the most logical manner and should be delivered in that order..............not in the order most suited to the deliverer................this is a business, not a free for all.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Right or Wrong customer complaint against postie
You have not seen the frame layout on my walk then, have you?dvbuk55 wrote:calpsy wrote:EH ? ? ? Get a grip ! ! . WHY ffs ? ? ? EVERYONE can and DOES do the frame to suit themselves . Have you been told you MUST MUST MUST do it by the frame ??? Nah didnt think so .tb35 wrote:question 1
do you have pouch boxes on your delivery?
if yes use them
question 2
do you deliver as the frame runsif no do so
question 3
why would you want to leave yourself open to possible conduct code issues?
if i were you i would, at least for the time, being do the job "properly" therefore completely reducing the element of conduct issues and and civil issues.
cover yourself at all times
good luck
By everyone I presume you mean everyone in your office............well kel surprise, not all offices are run in a slipshod fashion. The frames are set out in the most logical manner and should be delivered in that order..............not in the order most suited to the deliverer................this is a business, not a free for all.
Lets just say I have a row of businesses randomly intermixed singly amongst several other roads, with no shortcuts inbetween, each "by the frame" detour would take ~5 minutes round trip! I have been asking for a frame re-write for months, due to this rediculous layout, along with other issues (anyone covering my walk blind would have a nightmare as layout does not show logical delivery order of some residential drops in amongst the shops, houses of multiple occupation not shown as such on frame, some single frame slots for more than one address etc.)...
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Right or Wrong customer complaint against postie
IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:You have not seen the frame layout on my walk then, have you?dvbuk55 wrote:calpsy wrote:EH ? ? ? Get a grip ! ! . WHY ffs ? ? ? EVERYONE can and DOES do the frame to suit themselves . Have you been told you MUST MUST MUST do it by the frame ??? Nah didnt think so .tb35 wrote:question 1
do you have pouch boxes on your delivery?
if yes use them
question 2
do you deliver as the frame runsif no do so
question 3
why would you want to leave yourself open to possible conduct code issues?
if i were you i would, at least for the time, being do the job "properly" therefore completely reducing the element of conduct issues and and civil issues.
cover yourself at all times
good luck
By everyone I presume you mean everyone in your office............well kel surprise, not all offices are run in a slipshod fashion. The frames are set out in the most logical manner and should be delivered in that order..............not in the order most suited to the deliverer................this is a business, not a free for all.![]()
Lets just say I have a row of businesses randomly intermixed singly amongst several other roads, with no shortcuts inbetween, each "by the frame" detour would take ~5 minutes round trip! I have been asking for a frame re-write for months, due to this rediculous layout, along with other issues (anyone covering my walk blind would have a nightmare as layout does not show logical delivery order of some residential drops in amongst the shops, houses of multiple occupation not shown as such on frame, some single frame slots for more than one address etc.)...
Well then get the frame put right.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Right or Wrong customer complaint against postie
The frame should be laid out the same as its sequenced in Aplus which itself is set out in Georoute as the most logical delivery order.IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:You have not seen the frame layout on my walk then, have you?
Having said all that its certainly not always the best delivery order and thus many do not follow the frame to the letter.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Right or Wrong customer complaint against postie
This is probably another topic. But some frames do not make logical sense... In some cases, it is the fault of the previous walkholder - they suggest the best way but the best way could simply be the one that suits them.
Of course, management are complicit. They should monitor a lot of what is happening in their offices. As a reserve, when put on a new frame, it is often a dread because they are sometimes set up for the bicycle or they have had bits added to them or have not been updated even when there are obvious changes because the walkholder knows what to do.
I also have shops/offices (complex) in the middle of my frames whereas they should be first because we all do shops and offices first as a rule.
Of course, management are complicit. They should monitor a lot of what is happening in their offices. As a reserve, when put on a new frame, it is often a dread because they are sometimes set up for the bicycle or they have had bits added to them or have not been updated even when there are obvious changes because the walkholder knows what to do.
I also have shops/offices (complex) in the middle of my frames whereas they should be first because we all do shops and offices first as a rule.
-
music4essex
- Posts: 717
- Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
- Gender: Female
Re: Right or Wrong customer complaint against postie
[quote][/quote]I also have shops/offices (complex) in the middle of my frames whereas they should be first because we all do shops and offices first as a rule.
I also have the same and they if done by the frame,they would be done almost last,
so I do them first,
I am a senior OPG 22yrs everyone in my office do the rounds as they want too, not by the way the frame is set out.
I have now implemented a diary entry in lino's office so each day, I tell them if the occupants have mail, basically to cover my back.
Liked reading the other posters to see what goes on in there offices .
Essex mum
Also thanks for the heads up on giving out info
I also have the same and they if done by the frame,they would be done almost last,
I am a senior OPG 22yrs everyone in my office do the rounds as they want too, not by the way the frame is set out.
I have now implemented a diary entry in lino's office so each day, I tell them if the occupants have mail, basically to cover my back.
Liked reading the other posters to see what goes on in there offices .
Also thanks for the heads up on giving out info
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Right or Wrong customer complaint against postie
I also kept a diary and a tally mark of the number of letters for a customer on my round following compliants and so on. I also made sure I put a rubber band around the mail to avoid misdelivery or mixup with other mail. This is an easy mistake especially with customers that have lots of mail and where they do not always fit the slot or spills over or in-between and bloody d2d hassle as well. Damn D2D gets in the way sometimes and glossy and shrink-wrapped do attach themselves to other pieces of mail.
People doing things their own way at Royal Mail is all well and dandy but we are moving to a more flexible approach to working hence things should be more logical, strategic and documented.
I find it ridiculous that frames are so badly laid out and that each walk does not have a plan for delivery in its walk log - that will make things so much easier for new starters and people covering other people's walk.
People doing things their own way at Royal Mail is all well and dandy but we are moving to a more flexible approach to working hence things should be more logical, strategic and documented.
I find it ridiculous that frames are so badly laid out and that each walk does not have a plan for delivery in its walk log - that will make things so much easier for new starters and people covering other people's walk.
-
calpsy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Right or Wrong customer complaint against postie
Looks like ur on your own dvbuk .... ho hum . move along now .
You can do the frame ANY way you like . Get over it jobsworth .
You can do the frame ANY way you like . Get over it jobsworth .
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Right or Wrong customer complaint against postie
After years of delivering rural rounds, when the scenario set out for rurals no longer suited me I changed to town. The chap who lived next door to the Mosque cottoned on that if he claimed there was a misdelivery he was rewarded with a free book of stamps.........I accepted that complaint twice - then had a manager check the mail daily and have another officer deliver it...........needless to say Ahmed regular as clockwork complained about misdeliveries.
This time a Manager went out to see him, explain what had been done and to say that he needed to bring the mail in to the office in future.....he didn't complain again. I think we've all had the chancers.
This time a Manager went out to see him, explain what had been done and to say that he needed to bring the mail in to the office in future.....he didn't complain again. I think we've all had the chancers.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Right or Wrong customer complaint against postie
Well if you read my post you would see that I said you can't deliver it any way you want................only to the frame - you can set the frame out anyway you like as long as it is logical, not so you can pop in to see your girlfriend half way round. People who think they can do the job any way they like are heading for a fall.....calpsy wrote:Looks like ur on your own dvbuk .... ho hum . move along now .![]()
You can do the frame ANY way you like . Get over it jobsworth .
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Right or Wrong customer complaint against postie
I had to deal with a similar issue with a neighbour of a postie complaining about things he'd done when he'd actually not done anything wrong.
I actually advised him to go speak to the Police as I believe it's a form of harassment against the postie. He did, and the Police went and had a word with the neighbour.
I actually advised him to go speak to the Police as I believe it's a form of harassment against the postie. He did, and the Police went and had a word with the neighbour.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
calpsy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Right or Wrong customer complaint against postie
Yes I gathered that ...... and I siad you CAN deliver it ANY way you want .... as long as it gets done . Whats so hard to understand ?dvbuk55 wrote:Well if you read my post you would see that I said you can't deliver it any way you want................only to the frame - you can set the frame out anyway you like as long as it is logical, not so you can pop in to see your girlfriend half way round. People who think they can do the job any way they like are heading for a fall.....calpsy wrote:Looks like ur on your own dvbuk .... ho hum . move along now .![]()
You can do the frame ANY way you like . Get over it jobsworth .
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Right or Wrong customer complaint against postie
dvbuk55 wrote:you can set the frame out anyway you like as long as it is logical
Err nope you cant
It has to follow Georoute / Pegusus / Aplus as the mech will be sequenced in that order
Edit. Sorry essex this is going off your thread.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........