ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tracked packets are getting om my T**s

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Tracked packets are getting om my T**s

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

maverick wrote:
Beforenineoclockgoodone wrote:In our office why should tracked items be treated better than special deliveries, we are told to go out at 7am being a firms delivery man til 8am, if we don't go out we are told to make sure we take the tracked items & normal packets are left if we think we are gonna go over. I am getting really sick of this job, having 22years in now & upteen people being sacked over those years for holding mail back etc, yet now-a-days Royal Mail is doing it without batting an eyelid. This new way of working coming in soon is gonna be the end of a few good Postmen around the Country, because it ain't gonna work?
If your sick of the job then move on. I came into Royal Mail ten years ago from the services, and I am sick to the teeth of wineing, wingeing 20 years plus types who had it so easy and are now having to work for a living. If you spent less time moaning and more time applying youself to the job in hand you'd get it done. Shut up or ship out we've all had a gutsfull of your type bringing offices morale down.

I aslo came from the service, 1 tour in NI, 1 in Bosnia and 1in FI and if you are an ex-serviceman then you are one I don't recognise. This is a forum for mates after work, of course people are going to moan on it - its their right and privilege and if I may be so bold one of the many reasons we got sent to those places. I take it you never had a moan over a few jars in the NAAFI or in the Crew Bar. Now please wind your neck its like what they say in the Army, "if the Privates are not moaning about something the we really are in deep s**t".

In my day if you walked into a NAAFI Bar or Crew Room with your attitude you would have had a session of immediate "active counselling" round the back.

For everyone else my apologies for breaking RMC rules but if this guy really is an ex-serviceman then I am talking in the language he should recognise.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: Tracked packets are getting om my T**s

Post by Caniel »

maverick wrote:
Beforenineoclockgoodone wrote:In our office why should tracked items be treated better than special deliveries, we are told to go out at 7am being a firms delivery man til 8am, if we dont go out we are told to make sure we take the tracked items & normal packets are left if we think we are gonna go over. I am getting really sick of this job, having 22years in now & upteen people being sacked over those years for holding mail back etc, yet now-a-days Royal Mail is doing it without batting an eyelid. This new way of working coming in soon is gonna be the end of a few good Postmen around the Country, because it aint gonna work?
If your sick of the job then move on. I came into Royal Mail ten years ago from the services, and I am sick to the teeth of wineing, wingeing 20 years plus types who had it so easy and are now having to work for a living. If you spent less time moaning and more time applying youself to the job in hand you'd get it done. Shut up or ship out we've all had a gutsfull of your type bringing offices morale down.
I smell a troll...
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8953
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked packets are getting om my T**s

Post by blue1873 »

Caniel wrote:
maverick wrote:
Beforenineoclockgoodone wrote:In our office why should tracked items be treated better than special deliveries, we are told to go out at 7am being a firms delivery man til 8am, if we dont go out we are told to make sure we take the tracked items & normal packets are left if we think we are gonna go over. I am getting really sick of this job, having 22years in now & upteen people being sacked over those years for holding mail back etc, yet now-a-days Royal Mail is doing it without batting an eyelid. This new way of working coming in soon is gonna be the end of a few good Postmen around the Country, because it aint gonna work?
If your sick of the job then move on. I came into Royal Mail ten years ago from the services, and I am sick to the teeth of wineing, wingeing 20 years plus types who had it so easy and are now having to work for a living. If you spent less time moaning and more time applying youself to the job in hand you'd get it done. Shut up or ship out we've all had a gutsfull of your type bringing offices morale down.
I smell a troll...
And i smell sh..e :cry
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked packets are getting om my T**s

Post by fishtank »

He didn't say if he came from the enlisted ranks TBT. :nervous
His post does lend itself towards a commission....or is he just committed....or should be. :chuckle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked packets are getting om my T**s

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:He didn't say if he came from the enlisted ranks TBT. :nervous
His post does lend itself towards a commission....or is he just committed....or should be. :chuckle
I can assure you he wasn't a commisioned officer, now an ex inmate of Netley :hmmmm ...............yep you've nailed it :chuckle

I too am ex services and also have 21+ years in AND I moan like a bastard.............bet nobody has noticed :angel

Well I tell a lie, the guy I work with is always calling me a moaning old tw*t.............I don't think he's allowed to call me old.
Selthejester
Posts: 2
Joined: 10 Jan 2011, 18:45
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked packets are getting om my T**s

Post by Selthejester »

I am working in the RLE and we get loads of work now & its just three guys that have to prepare it, if we get too much special delivery work then its just me on my tod but at the end of the day Tracked items are part of the job now & as far as I see it all mail is important not just special delivery. I can look at my mountain of Tracked items & sigh but I get on with it. Full Stop!
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Tracked packets are getting om my T**s

Post by Lounge Lizard »

maverick wrote:
Beforenineoclockgoodone wrote:In our office why should tracked items be treated better than special deliveries, we are told to go out at 7am being a firms delivery man til 8am, if we dont go out we are told to make sure we take the tracked items & normal packets are left if we think we are gonna go over. I am getting really sick of this job, having 22years in now & upteen people being sacked over those years for holding mail back etc, yet now-a-days Royal Mail is doing it without batting an eyelid. This new way of working coming in soon is gonna be the end of a few good Postmen around the Country, because it aint gonna work?
If your sick of the job then move on. I came into Royal Mail ten years ago from the services, and I am sick to the teeth of wineing, wingeing 20 years plus types who had it so easy and are now having to work for a living. If you spent less time moaning and more time applying youself to the job in hand you'd get it done. Shut up or ship out we've all had a gutsfull of your type bringing offices morale down.
"I came into Royal Mail ten years ago from the services" and the service pension supplements the Royal Mail wage very micely thank you. :crazy: :nana :crazy:
maverick
Posts: 6
Joined: 25 Feb 2010, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked packets are getting om my T**s

Post by maverick »

Caniel wrote:
maverick wrote:
Beforenineoclockgoodone wrote:In our office why should tracked items be treated better than special deliveries, we are told to go out at 7am being a firms delivery man til 8am, if we dont go out we are told to make sure we take the tracked items & normal packets are left if we think we are gonna go over. I am getting really sick of this job, having 22years in now & upteen people being sacked over those years for holding mail back etc, yet now-a-days Royal Mail is doing it without batting an eyelid. This new way of working coming in soon is gonna be the end of a few good Postmen around the Country, because it aint gonna work?
If your sick of the job then move on. I came into Royal Mail ten years ago from the services, and I am sick to the teeth of wineing, wingeing 20 years plus types who had it so easy and are now having to work for a living. If you spent less time moaning and more time applying youself to the job in hand you'd get it done. Shut up or ship out we've all had a gutsfull of your type bringing offices morale down.
I smell a troll...

Well, well, well, if you all moved that quick in the morning, we'd all be home in time for Jeremy kyle, just like the good old days when the new starters caried all the shite for the 'old school' perhaps that plumb job is no longer available now you've done twenty years plus. You have a number of options.

Find a new job that pays the same

make a decent go at the job you're in

or live with it.

Whichever you choose, look around you on you next shif, eighty percent of the workforce are laughing and enjoying their work, if you one of the twenty percent then I'm afraid your in a rut you need to shake youself out of. Good luck.
maverick
Posts: 6
Joined: 25 Feb 2010, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked packets are getting om my T**s

Post by maverick »

tetley smooth wrote:Maverick you are not in the services now. You no doubt have done your own fighting and i commend you and your colleagues for your brave acts. We and many more RM workers have fought numerous times for our rights, to be treated fairly and with respect, to get paid sick leave to have a half decent pension to have rights of representation and i could go on, but you get the drift, you may be used to the services bullying culture and be a goody goody yes man, but i and many more on this board will not be treated like that. You my friend are no doubt getting the benefits of our past battles and even though at the moment our employer has chosen to push its workforce to the point of despair, there will always be people willing to make a stand. Your attitude serves no-one but RM agenda to break its workers moral. Clearly you have already succumbed.

Yeah, whatever. I go to work I do my job, I go home, when I get pissed off I'll find another job. end of.
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked packets are getting om my T**s

Post by baldrick »

maverick wrote:Yeah, whatever. I go to work I do my job, I go home, when I get pissed off I'll find another job. end of.
Yeah, whatever. :roll:
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12215
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked packets are getting om my T**s

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Selthejester wrote:I am working in the RLE and we get loads of work now & its just three guys that have to prepare it, if we get too much special delivery work then its just me on my tod but at the end of the day Tracked items are part of the job now & as far as I see it all mail is important not just special delivery. I can look at my mountain of Tracked items & sigh but I get on with it. Full Stop!
I think in order of importance it's

Specials then Tracked then everything else (once anything is dispatched to a DO from a mail centre it's ALL 1st class, there is no such thing as 2nd class once the work arrives at the inward mail centre. I would not be surprised to see most stuff sent out by businesses being Tracked within a couple of years.

Question to anyone in a DO, I know that at a Tracked get scanned as ready for delivery (scanned to a walk at all?) and that specials are scanned out to a walk, do normal recorded items get scanned at all (even if just to a walk)?
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked packets are getting om my T**s

Post by wacko74 »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Selthejester wrote:I am working in the RLE and we get loads of work now & its just three guys that have to prepare it, if we get too much special delivery work then its just me on my tod but at the end of the day Tracked items are part of the job now & as far as I see it all mail is important not just special delivery. I can look at my mountain of Tracked items & sigh but I get on with it. Full Stop!
I think in order of importance it's

Specials then Tracked then everything else (once anything is dispatched to a DO from a mail centre it's ALL 1st class, there is no such thing as 2nd class once the work arrives at the inward mail centre. I would not be surprised to see most stuff sent out by businesses being Tracked within a couple of years.

Question to anyone in a DO, I know that at a Tracked get scanned as ready for delivery (scanned to a walk at all?) and that specials are scanned out to a walk, do normal recorded items get scanned at all (even if just to a walk)?
In our D.O. recordeds aren't scanned to a walk, only get scanned once they've been delivered/note lefted.
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked packets are getting om my T**s

Post by Big Daz »

At my D.O the tracked items for urban areas are done by the combined pouchdrop/oversized pkt duties as RMl want them done using the PDA which normal bike duties dont have. I had a tracked item today that if it wasnt tracked would have come by bike duty as it was just a book.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked packets are getting om my T**s

Post by dvbuk55 »

Big Daz wrote:At my D.O the tracked items for urban areas are done by the combined pouchdrop/oversized pkt duties as RMl want them done using the PDA which normal bike duties dont have. I had a tracked item today that if it wasnt tracked would have come by bike duty as it was just a book.

Just imagine how much time you are going to save when park and loop are doing the Tracked AND the oversize packets AND two deliveries AND the Specials and on the PDA..................if I was a bulk delivery driver in your office I'd be looking for a new line of work. And when you have an HCT you'll be taking everything bar the kitchen sink :chuckle :chuckle
tetley smooth
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 79
Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 11:44
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked packets are getting om my T**s

Post by tetley smooth »

maverick wrote:
tetley smooth wrote:Maverick you are not in the services now. You no doubt have done your own fighting and i commend you and your colleagues for your brave acts. We and many more RM workers have fought numerous times for our rights, to be treated fairly and with respect, to get paid sick leave to have a half decent pension to have rights of representation and i could go on, but you get the drift, you may be used to the services bullying culture and be a goody goody yes man, but i and many more on this board will not be treated like that. You my friend are no doubt getting the benefits of our past battles and even though at the moment our employer has chosen to push its workforce to the point of despair, there will always be people willing to make a stand. Your attitude serves no-one but RM agenda to break its workers moral. Clearly you have already succumbed.

Yeah, whatever. I go to work I do my job, I go home, when I get pissed off I'll find another job. end of.
Seems like somebody has lost all his fighting spirit. Shame on you. You just role over and carry on being a rubbing rag.
Meanwhile other workers and i who still have a bit of pride and self respect will carry on defending and fighting for our rights.