ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Cutting Off Guidelines
-
Gills_Postie
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 10:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Cutting Off Guidelines
If a manager suggested to me that i work through my meal relief id be putting in a grievance asap. Ive been through that 'cutting off' form procedure. Laughable.
-
SexyLegs
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 393
- Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 16:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Cutting Off Guidelines
Just rung him, he advised me to put in a grievance!
-
SexyLegs
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 393
- Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 16:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Cutting Off Guidelines
Also, was told by a manager that willy nilly use of the grievance form is frowned upon, is there really any limit to the number of grievances you can put in?
-
internetguy
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 01 Oct 2010, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Cutting Off Guidelines
what does putting a grievance in about a manager actually do..?. the manager we have now has had loads put in against him yet he carries on so again, whats the point..?
-
Eric Cantona
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Cutting Off Guidelines
I really don’t know how they can say its wilful delay nowadays as the Royal Mail is wilful delaying stuff themselves. I know offices where packets are stored in other rooms such as canteens, garages etc because they are so much behind.
The public has paid good money for a packet to be delivered 1st class next day and RM are not delivering, that’s wilful delay and fraud..
Anyway I have brought mail back many times and they never have done naff all about it, reason being if it went to court a judge would say to RM “what time does this chap get paid to” RM “2 30” Judge “ and what time did the chap finish” RM “2 30 your honour then case dismissed you cannot sack him” the mangers are calling our bluff over this can’t bring it back once its gone out.. Try it one day they will s**t it.
Stand your ground folks and you don’t have to tell them why you won’t go over.
Nine times out of ten the mangers mumble and walk away, always have a witness if this arises or tape them on your phone.
The public has paid good money for a packet to be delivered 1st class next day and RM are not delivering, that’s wilful delay and fraud..
Anyway I have brought mail back many times and they never have done naff all about it, reason being if it went to court a judge would say to RM “what time does this chap get paid to” RM “2 30” Judge “ and what time did the chap finish” RM “2 30 your honour then case dismissed you cannot sack him” the mangers are calling our bluff over this can’t bring it back once its gone out.. Try it one day they will s**t it.
Stand your ground folks and you don’t have to tell them why you won’t go over.
Nine times out of ten the mangers mumble and walk away, always have a witness if this arises or tape them on your phone.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Cutting Off Guidelines
fishtank wrote:These things may be priceless but they are unagreed and should be flagged up to your ADR immediately.SexyLegs wrote:Update: Been having a cut off interview every day filling in a cut off form, these things are priceless:-
Cut off form FFS.
And wtf is the 26 a min thing.
Should i ask where the rep is.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
gazzariah
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 13:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Cutting Off Guidelines
WILL BE CUTTING OFF TODAY BECAUSE ITS REALLY HEAVY.
MANGR.why?
BECAUSE IT IS REALLY HEAVY.
mangr.I DONT THINK YOU ARE TRYING HARD ENOUGH.
I WILL DO MY VERY BEST HOWEVER I AM SURE I WONT BE ABLE TO COMPLETE WITHIN MY TIME.
mangr.CANT YOU EXTEND .
NOT TODAY I HAVE A PRIOR APPOINTMENT.
mangr.ALL THE OTHER OPG.S COMPIETE .
YES THAT IS BECAUSE THEY COME IN EARLY TO PREP THEIR WALKS. GIVE UP THEIR MEAL BREAKS.GO OUT COME BACK
AND CLAIM EXTENDED.
mangr.I STILL DONT THINK YOU ARE TRYIING HARD ENOUGH.

MANGR.why?
BECAUSE IT IS REALLY HEAVY.
mangr.I DONT THINK YOU ARE TRYING HARD ENOUGH.
I WILL DO MY VERY BEST HOWEVER I AM SURE I WONT BE ABLE TO COMPLETE WITHIN MY TIME.
mangr.CANT YOU EXTEND .
NOT TODAY I HAVE A PRIOR APPOINTMENT.
mangr.ALL THE OTHER OPG.S COMPIETE .
YES THAT IS BECAUSE THEY COME IN EARLY TO PREP THEIR WALKS. GIVE UP THEIR MEAL BREAKS.GO OUT COME BACK
AND CLAIM EXTENDED.
mangr.I STILL DONT THINK YOU ARE TRYIING HARD ENOUGH.
-
nando
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 19 Nov 2009, 23:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Cutting Off Guidelines
Area Managers hare told line managers that if postman cuts off, the mail left in has to the taken out by the line mangers - hence they give postman a hard time.
-
SexyLegs
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 393
- Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 16:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Cutting Off Guidelines
Nando - That is exactly right!
Postman - 26 per minute, prep rate on a frame I barely know, jokers, w*****s, all of the above!
Area Rep came down today to 'discuss' with DOM, I await the outcome!
Mail very heavy again today, so cut off again, set the precedent now so gotta see it through......right???
Postman - 26 per minute, prep rate on a frame I barely know, jokers, w*****s, all of the above!
Area Rep came down today to 'discuss' with DOM, I await the outcome!
Mail very heavy again today, so cut off again, set the precedent now so gotta see it through......right???
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Cutting Off Guidelines
Yes,but it's a ONE MINUTE test and nothing else!Postman - 26 per minute, prep rate on a frame I barely know, jokers, w*****s, all of the above!
And i'm sure it's IPS and not prep.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 84#p315268" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The figure of 22.5 or 25 is a simple count of how many letters you can put in your frame in 1 minute.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
waitaminute
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 17:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Cutting Off Guidelines
When asked to fill in a cut off form, the one and only time I ever did cut off the explanation read "time management failure beyond my control" . Try it, they might not like it. What can they do to in response to such a response. My guess is not respond 
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Cutting Off Guidelines
Has anyone got one of these "cut off forms"?
I would like to see it for myself..
I would like to see it for myself..
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere