ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

stage 1 interview

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: stage 1 interview

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

lekker wrote:
fishtank wrote:
lekker wrote:Hell -fire I wouldn't represent you :evil/mad

I would have. :neutral:
Not on behalf of the CWU....but as a colleague.
I think there are enough tossers in this company without us starting a lynch mob every time a non-member turns up.
Any non-members reading this thread are really going to want to join now aren't they?. :roll:
Does anybody actually know why unions were formed...and why they are dying on their arse?. :cuppa
Oh I know all right and I know there are a lot of people in the job who don't want to know about the union until they got a problem. Looking at what was said in the posting I inferred that the bloke approached the rep and not the other way round as it is unusual for reps to be told by the manager. Whatever the case I still would not represent him.
But if the rep did a good job fighting for him hopefully that would go quite a way to this guy rejoining the ranks. Even if he did not represent him I would at least hope he would give him some advice.

Rejoice the repenting sinner as they say, and he may rejoin the fold.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
lekker
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 364
Joined: 23 Oct 2008, 21:26
Gender: Male

Re: stage 1 interview

Post by lekker »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
lekker wrote:
fishtank wrote:
lekker wrote:Hell -fire I wouldn't represent you :evil/mad

I would have. :neutral:
Not on behalf of the CWU....but as a colleague.
I think there are enough tossers in this company without us starting a lynch mob every time a non-member turns up.
Any non-members reading this thread are really going to want to join now aren't they?. :roll:
Does anybody actually know why unions were formed...and why they are dying on their arse?. :cuppa
Oh I know all right and I know there are a lot of people in the job who don't want to know about the union until they got a problem. Looking at what was said in the posting I inferred that the bloke approached the rep and not the other way round as it is unusual for reps to be told by the manager. Whatever the case I still would not represent him.
But if the rep did a good job fighting for him hopefully that would go quite a way to this guy rejoining the ranks. Even if he did not represent him I would at least hope he would give him some advice.

Rejoice the repenting sinner as they say, and he may rejoin the fold.

I don't have a forgiving nature :speak to the hand
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: stage 1 interview

Post by fishtank »

lekker wrote: Oh I know all right and I know there are a lot of people in the job who don't want to know about the union until they got a problem. Looking at what was said in the posting I inferred that the bloke approached the rep and not the other way round as it is unusual for reps to be told by the manager. Whatever the case I still would not represent him.
There are a lot of reasons for members leaving the CWU at the moment lekker...and not a lot of reasons for joining.
One of the few reasons left is the great job that most reps do at local level.
If by helping this guy i could budge him just one inch towards re-joining it would be worthwhile to the union but more importantly if i could help out a colleague facing down Royal Mail ...i would....member or non-member.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: stage 1 interview

Post by clashcityrocker »

Tommase wrote:
All managers will enforce stages as they are under extreme pressure from above. If/when it gets to stage 3 you have clear grounds for appeal and then you need your union rep, for this just take a colleague in off the IPS
No they don't. If you have a good case to argue - you argue it and sometimes they do listen.
Unfortunately people aren't always good at arguing their own case when in a formal situation and that is why you need a rep.
I'm not sure that a colleague has the same rights in an interview as a rep. Aren't they there as a witness more than anything?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
mma83
Posts: 92
Joined: 28 Oct 2010, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: B'Ham

Re: stage 1 interview

Post by mma83 »

As a new starter 8 weeks ago I needed Union help as I was being unfairly treated and was threatened to be walked off site as I got a bit argumentative with Lino and DOM. Spoke to union rep who admittedly gave me some good advice and helped smooth things over with the DOM, but was told he would see me and produce a union form to join up. Never happened, phoned several times after re same sort of problems and never replied to calls/texts etc.

Yes, all D.O's union representatives act in different manners, but surely common courtesy i.e call back. Should come as standard??

Needless to say, I never joined as it seems they are non-existant at my office and nobody even knew the number for our rep when I was asking. He quit 2 weeks later and we havn't had a rep for the last 4 weeks as far as i'm aware..... :shock:
Theghost
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 417
Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
Gender: Male

Re: stage 1 interview

Post by Theghost »

The union rep could never represent you after you dropped out,Cause too much trouble with the guys who are still paying,Why should he?
You could take a friend in with you,But the way things are now,I say even if you took a top London Lawyer in with you the warning would be issued,Thats how it is in our place anyway,Best of luck with it though.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: stage 1 interview

Post by clashcityrocker »

If you don't go out of your way to engage with the non-members, why will they ever join?
Maybe they still won't but if you don't try.......
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: stage 1 interview

Post by fishtank »

Theghost wrote:The union rep could never represent you after you dropped out,Cause too much trouble with the guys who are still paying,Why should he?
Because with that attitude we will soon be holding Branch Meetings in phone boxes and making Royal Mail very happy in the process.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: stage 1 interview

Post by Godric »

tigercat wrote:Im in for a stage 1 interview on Friday. Got signed by GP off back in October for 5 weeks with tendonitis/tinosinovtis in my elbow. Did 5 weeks rehab on return(part walk and building up to full) Back on full duty now. My GP said the tendon trouble will probably return so dont want a stage hanging over me. Problem is I dropped out of the union last year(cos they sh*t on us left,right,and centre) and the rep said he wont represent me at the stage interview unless I rejoin the union. I told him to ram it. So has anyone got any advice, and who could I take in with me?

don't fret i will get a stage 1 as well when i go back to work ... just had a hernia op a couple of days before crimbo ... it will be my first stage 1 warning in 21 years of service
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: stage 1 interview

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

mma83 wrote:As a new starter 8 weeks ago I needed Union help as I was being unfairly treated and was threatened to be walked off site as I got a bit argumentative with Lino and DOM. Spoke to union rep who admittedly gave me some good advice and helped smooth things over with the DOM, but was told he would see me and produce a union form to join up. Never happened, phoned several times after re same sort of problems and never replied to calls/texts etc.

Yes, all D.O's union representatives act in different manners, but surely common courtesy i.e call back. Should come as standard??

Needless to say, I never joined as it seems they are non-existant at my office and nobody even knew the number for our rep when I was asking. He quit 2 weeks later and we havn't had a rep for the last 4 weeks as far as i'm aware..... :shock:
If you still want to join - go to the top :Very Happy http://www.cwu.org/11992/membership-forms.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
postghost
Posts: 433
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 21:19

Re: stage 1 interview

Post by postghost »

See signature below.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: stage 1 interview

Post by krussel »

Godric wrote:
tigercat wrote:Im in for a stage 1 interview on Friday. Got signed by GP off back in October for 5 weeks with tendonitis/tinosinovtis in my elbow. Did 5 weeks rehab on return(part walk and building up to full) Back on full duty now. My GP said the tendon trouble will probably return so dont want a stage hanging over me. Problem is I dropped out of the union last year(cos they sh*t on us left,right,and centre) and the rep said he wont represent me at the stage interview unless I rejoin the union. I told him to ram it. So has anyone got any advice, and who could I take in with me?

don't fret i will get a stage 1 as well when i go back to work ... just had a hernia op a couple of days before crimbo ... it will be my first stage 1 warning in 21 years of service
Blimey mate youve done well to keep your nose clean. Good luck with the post op recovery :Applause
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: stage 1 interview

Post by fishtank »

postghost wrote:See signature below.
So would you stand together with the guy...or leave him to suffer alone?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: stage 1 interview

Post by clashcityrocker »

Godric wrote:
don't fret i will get a stage 1 as well when i go back to work ... just had a hernia op a couple of days before crimbo ... it will be my first stage 1 warning in 21 years of service
Why do you assume you will get a stage 1?
When I returned after knee surgery my DOM (yes my DOM) argued that as the business would also benefit from the surgery I shouldn't be issued with a stage. And I wasn't.
I assume the business will also benefit from you having had your hernia op.
The issuing of stages shouldn't be mechanistic.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: stage 1 interview

Post by Godric »

krussel wrote:
Godric wrote:
tigercat wrote:Im in for a stage 1 interview on Friday. Got signed by GP off back in October for 5 weeks with tendonitis/tinosinovtis in my elbow. Did 5 weeks rehab on return(part walk and building up to full) Back on full duty now. My GP said the tendon trouble will probably return so dont want a stage hanging over me. Problem is I dropped out of the union last year(cos they sh*t on us left,right,and centre) and the rep said he wont represent me at the stage interview unless I rejoin the union. I told him to ram it. So has anyone got any advice, and who could I take in with me?

don't fret i will get a stage 1 as well when i go back to work ... just had a hernia op a couple of days before crimbo ... it will be my first stage 1 warning in 21 years of service
Blimey mate youve done well to keep your nose clean. Good luck with the post op recovery :Applause

cheers mate ... i have put a new sickline in for another 4 weeks ... it was nearly meat and 1 veg :oops:
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."