ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

lets solve cutting off and confrontation

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
SexyLegs
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 393
Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: lets solve cutting off and confrontation

Post by SexyLegs »

Post Bitch - quite simply this is the most ridiculous post I have ever seen. Do you have children to collect 10 mins after your official finish time?, if you did you'd realise what an idiotic post this is.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: lets solve cutting off and confrontation

Post by dvbuk55 »

post_bitch wrote:
Lincox wrote:Whats a Satisfactory Length Postbitch. :angel :angel :angel :angel
your contracted hours or 8 inches
Could you manage with less..................erm a lot less :shock: Looks like sexylegs doesn't measure up :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: lets solve cutting off and confrontation

Post by NewPostieUK »

In my previous job there similar fluctuations. We were expected to work 'reasonable' overtime (it was in our contracts). Many people were spoken to, and some warnings handed out for not working this overtime. One week I was asked to work 4 hrs on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. I offered one hour and was told no, 4 hrs or nothing. On the Friday I was called in to the office, apparently to be given a warning. I explained I was more than happy to be flexible and work up to one hour every single day, and occasionally sat and sun mornings. I argued this was most 'reasonable', and wasn't given the warning. By the way, overtime was paid at the proper going rate, ie time and a half no matter how many hours you worked, and double time on a Sunday.

I agree that some people refuse to be flexible, and the nature of the job, these fluctuations in workload, requires people to work longer hours some days. However what is deemed 'reasonable'? Also, not being paid for work done, and the ridiculous overtime rate (standard rate for me, £8-odd) is very good reason not to work any overtime at all.
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8958
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Re: lets solve cutting off and confrontation

Post by blue1873 »

post_bitch wrote:
Lincox wrote:Whats a Satisfactory Length Postbitch. :angel :angel :angel :angel
your contracted hours or 8 inches
Or possibly 12 inches but don't use it as a rule

........Coat...............
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: lets solve cutting off and confrontation

Post by Lincox »

To be fair to Postbitch, I understand her concern regarding confrontation with management and how this can be eradicated from the job. The simple way is to make the job a professional salaried position, paying a salary that a family can live on, and the job is full time, start to finish each day, swings and roundabouts with early and late finish. Yes, I know that there is as much chance of this as Royal Mail not being privatised.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: lets solve cutting off and confrontation

Post by dvbuk55 »

blue1873 wrote:
post_bitch wrote:
Lincox wrote:Whats a Satisfactory Length Postbitch. :angel :angel :angel :angel
your contracted hours or 8 inches
Or possibly 12 inches but don't use it as a rule

........Coat...............
Naughty room--------------------------- :funneh
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: lets solve cutting off and confrontation

Post by post_bitch »

Image
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: lets solve cutting off and confrontation

Post by dvbuk55 »

post_bitch wrote:Image
That's disgusting :Sick
mclovin
Posts: 1106
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
Gender: Male

Re: lets solve cutting off and confrontation

Post by mclovin »

I'll do 2 hours extra on heavier/peak times.

I'll start 2 hours earlier for docket, but no way am I working 2 hours over, no fecking thank you.

A lot of us have kids who need piced up from school, because our partners have to work because RM wage aint gonna pay the bills.

I didnt sign up to work til 4 or 5pm.

RM 20 years or so ago would guarantee 20 hours docket per week at Xmas when people were working from 5am to 5pm but they stopped it.
S6 Stroller
Posts: 199
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 23:00
Gender: Male

Re: lets solve cutting off and confrontation

Post by S6 Stroller »

NewPostieUK wrote:]Also, not being paid for work done[/b], and the ridiculous overtime rate (standard rate for me, £8-odd) is very good reason not to work any overtime at all.
That's what gets me wound up more than anything and will be the thing that pushes me over the edge i.e refusing to do any O/T whatsoever. You do the work. You claim the O/T. Lino signs it off. Come pay day 2 hours of it (or whatever) hasn't been paid. WTF? This happens time and again and you're expected to find time during your working day to go and beg for it to be paid. Totally pisses me off.