ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

bacon sarnies

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
kendo1
Posts: 217
Joined: 07 Mar 2010, 12:21
Gender: Male

Re: bacon sarnies

Post by kendo1 »

dblad wrote:Bacon sarnies, vouchers, you lot are spoilt, we got a choice of either a mince pie or apple tart.
Luxury ,wish we had been given a choice of a mince pie or apple tart ,been like beeing in heaven to us ,all we got if you was lucky 1 quality street sweet !

How lucky sum people are!
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: bacon sarnies

Post by fishtank »

kendo1 wrote:
dblad wrote:Bacon sarnies, vouchers, you lot are spoilt, we got a choice of either a mince pie or apple tart.
Luxury ,wish we had been given a choice of a mince pie or apple tart ,been like beeing in heaven to us ,all we got if you was lucky 1 quality street sweet !

How lucky sum people are!
Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
hubbahubba
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1045
Joined: 24 Jun 2009, 22:02
Gender: Female

Re: bacon sarnies

Post by hubbahubba »

fishtank wrote:
kendo1 wrote:
dblad wrote:Bacon sarnies, vouchers, you lot are spoilt, we got a choice of either a mince pie or apple tart.
Luxury ,wish we had been given a choice of a mince pie or apple tart ,been like beeing in heaven to us ,all we got if you was lucky 1 quality street sweet !

How lucky sum people are!
Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.
:crazy: too much sambuca last night? :crazy: :Very Happy
same as it ever was...
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: bacon sarnies

Post by fishtank »

hubbahubba wrote: :crazy: too much sambuca last night? :crazy: :Very Happy
They started the "Four Yorkshiremen" sketch...not me. :crazy: :chuckle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dblad
Posts: 448
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
Gender: Male

Re: bacon sarnies

Post by dblad »

fishtank wrote:
hubbahubba wrote: :crazy: too much sambuca last night? :crazy: :Very Happy
They started the "Four Yorkshiremen" sketch...not me. :crazy: :chuckle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am a Yorkshireman
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: bacon sarnies

Post by DGP1 »

fishtank wrote:
hubbahubba wrote: :crazy: too much sambuca last night? :crazy: :Very Happy
They started the "Four Yorkshiremen" sketch...not me. :crazy: :chuckle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:chuckle TBH if I'd got out of my bed earlier then I would have made the same reply :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: bacon sarnies

Post by Stormproof »

DGP1 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
hubbahubba wrote: :crazy: too much sambuca last night? :crazy: :Very Happy
They started the "Four Yorkshiremen" sketch...not me. :crazy: :chuckle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:chuckle TBH if I'd got out of my bed earlier then I would have made the same reply :chuckle
That'll teach you to stay up all night singing
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: bacon sarnies

Post by DGP1 »

Stormproof wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
hubbahubba wrote: :crazy: too much sambuca last night? :crazy: :Very Happy
They started the "Four Yorkshiremen" sketch...not me. :crazy: :chuckle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:chuckle TBH if I'd got out of my bed earlier then I would have made the same reply :chuckle
That'll teach you to stay up all night singing
I space no one can hear me sing :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: bacon sarnies

Post by arnold cheshire »

daveyeff wrote:each and EVERY crimbo without fail, we,ve had bacon sandwiches put on, 'courtesy' of management. a small thank you, you could say for the year's services. not this year though. we got a new dom 5 months ago, and for the first time in 20yrs, they didnt put them on. when asked why? the reply was.......' well you's wont have time to eat them now,.....its a totally different ballgame!!! ffs! ive heard it all now. what do we have a 40 mins break for? cutbacks,,,,jesus what a load of sheeeite. :evil/mad :evil/mad
we used to get toast you were treated but those days have gone :Very Happy
plainpat
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 410
Joined: 18 Jan 2010, 19:29
Gender: Male
Location: You can't get any further east in the UK without going for a swim in the North Sea

Re: bacon sarnies

Post by plainpat »

The fat porkers in the managers offices got fed up each year seeing their relatives being eaten :whistle