ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
More Mail Dumping
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
More Mail Dumping
Whilst phoning my Mum up over Christmas ... she told me about this story "down her way" ...
http://www.staffordshirenewsletter.co.u ... worker.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.staffordshirenewsletter.co.u ... worker.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
Pat Ostman
- Posts: 2797
- Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.
Re: More Mail Dumping
Should've just worked to their time, no excuse at all for this.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: More Mail Dumping
There usually is an excuse for it and it usually begins and ends with the DOM not being aware of the stress the OPG is suffering, or not being approachable.Pat Ostman wrote:Should've just worked to their time, no excuse at all for this.
The rep has to share some of the blame and (if it's a newbie) the workplace coach as well.
Dumping mail is a cry for help. It happens when no-one has listened to previous cries for help.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
ChrisWinter
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 08 Nov 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Re: More Mail Dumping
Stress? Now that is funny. Taking my office as an example; I would say 90% of the delivery staff are lazy, inconsiderate, useless ****** who simply don't want to do the job. Boo-hoo, poor babies don't want to go out delivering because there's white stuff and slippy stuff on the ground. And it's cold.
Mail for 4 towns is handled by my office. One day in early December, two of the towns' mail didn't go out due to the snow. You should have seen them (my hard working colleagues), smiling and laughing because they didn't have to go out. What happened the next day? Even more snow aaaand... the mail went out - 2 days' worth!!! Work that one out!
Dumping mail is a cry for help? Oh, please...
Only about 3000 parcels left in the office on Christmas Eve this year - even more than last year. I can still hear the DOM's words from last year... "Next year, everyone will be working to their time; even on Christmas Eve."
Mail for 4 towns is handled by my office. One day in early December, two of the towns' mail didn't go out due to the snow. You should have seen them (my hard working colleagues), smiling and laughing because they didn't have to go out. What happened the next day? Even more snow aaaand... the mail went out - 2 days' worth!!! Work that one out!
Dumping mail is a cry for help? Oh, please...
Only about 3000 parcels left in the office on Christmas Eve this year - even more than last year. I can still hear the DOM's words from last year... "Next year, everyone will be working to their time; even on Christmas Eve."
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: More Mail Dumping
Well don't you come across as a caring friendly bloke.

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
axeman
- Posts: 1733
- Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57
Re: More Mail Dumping
a rear end if ever there was one for sure 
-
Post Off
- Posts: 268
- Joined: 12 Oct 2007, 15:13
Re: More Mail Dumping
Did someone just say something? Nah, I must have just imagined it... Something about 90% of the management being lazy, inconsiderate, useless ****** who simply don't want to do the job.
Funny, but my manager is the hardest working guv I've had the pleasure to work with. Hardly anyone is around to see the fellow do parts of their walk that they have left. You know, I think it might have something to do with leadership.
Funny, but my manager is the hardest working guv I've had the pleasure to work with. Hardly anyone is around to see the fellow do parts of their walk that they have left. You know, I think it might have something to do with leadership.
We posties do things differently, but we still get shot at!
Our (other) men and women deserve a little more... http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Our (other) men and women deserve a little more... http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: More Mail Dumping
Nice first post! 
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: More Mail Dumping
My thoughts exactlyStormproof wrote:Nice first post!
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
ChrisWinter
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 08 Nov 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Re: More Mail Dumping
Thanks!Stormproof wrote:Nice first post!
I seem to have upset some people. *cough*truth hurts*cough*
Excellent.
Post Off - management? Try squinting or increasing the font dpi >>>> D-E-L-I-V-E-R-Y S-T-A-F-F.
DGP1 - Then you cut off. No problem. I'm one of those rare, uncaring people that delivers everything no matter how long it takes. I finished my round at 2pm, then went back to the office to try and find parcels that my customers had asked me about. Why? Because it's the right thing to do. I love being a rear end, axeman.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: More Mail Dumping
Sometimes people have stuff going on in their lives which has nothing to do with work. It may well be stressful - bereavement, divorce, children etc etc.ChrisWinter wrote:Stress? Now that is funny.."
Sometimes someone in the office needs to recognise the warning signs.
That someone is usually the manager. Staff welfare should be one of their priorities.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: More Mail Dumping
You must have a really long rural round then...............oh wait, you went back to take packets back out again.............I hope you claimed the OT or maybe you did it out of the kindness of your heart (and your DOMs bonusChrisWinter wrote:Thanks!Stormproof wrote:Nice first post!
I seem to have upset some people. *cough*truth hurts*cough*
Excellent.
Post Off - management? Try squinting or increasing the font dpi >>>> D-E-L-I-V-E-R-Y S-T-A-F-F.
DGP1 - Then you cut off. No problem. I'm one of those rare, uncaring people that delivers everything no matter how long it takes. I finished my round at 2pm, then went back to the office to try and find parcels that my customers had asked me about. Why? Because it's the right thing to do. I love being a rear end, axeman.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: More Mail Dumping
Welcome to the forum Chris.
Yes, nice way to start. Good attention grabber!
Sometimes though, it pays to ease in gently rather than charge at everything.

Yes, nice way to start. Good attention grabber!
Sometimes though, it pays to ease in gently rather than charge at everything.

"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: More Mail Dumping
I don't think you have upset anyone.ChrisWinter wrote: I seem to have upset some people. *cough*truth hurts*cough*
You've just come across as an attention-seeking, loud-mouthed prick who doesn't really think before he hits the submit button.
cought*truth hurts*cough
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
ChrisWinter
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 08 Nov 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Re: More Mail Dumping
No, it's not rural. Takes me around 4 hours.DGP1 wrote:You must have a really long rural round then...............oh wait, you went back to take packets back out again.............I hope you claimed the OT or maybe you did it out of the kindness of your heart (and your DOMs bonus).
Didn't claim OT as I finished my round on time.
The additional parcels were my choice.
Out of the kindness of my heart? If you like. I know that's a rare thing these days.
Thanks, straight4ward. Yep, sometimes.
You said it, clashcityrocker. Hit a nerve, I see. Nice language.
I joined the forum in November and I'm only just posting now. Yes, I am so seeking attention.