ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

3rd Coldest December since records began in 1659

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16738
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: 3rd Coldest December since records began in 1659

Post by clashcityrocker »

Lounge Lizard wrote:There's not many on here that whose memory stretches back to 1659
PM DVB and he'll give you a personal account.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: 3rd Coldest December since records began in 1659

Post by DGP1 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:There's not many on here that whose memory stretches back to 1659
PM DVB and he'll give you a personal account.
He's not really that old...............he just looks it :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dblad
Posts: 448
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
Gender: Male

Re: 3rd Coldest December since records began in 1659

Post by dblad »

clashcityrocker wrote:
DGP1 wrote:TBH all my information comes from Stephen Fry and afaik he knows everything
But he didn't know his tweets were boring until someone told him.
He obviously doesn't know the number of a good plastic surgeon either or he'd have his hooter looked at.
So why should I believe him/you about the current ice age?
Sounds like someone didn't get the chrissy pressies he wanted
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: 3rd Coldest December since records began in 1659

Post by DGP1 »

dblad wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
DGP1 wrote:TBH all my information comes from Stephen Fry and afaik he knows everything
But he didn't know his tweets were boring until someone told him.
He obviously doesn't know the number of a good plastic surgeon either or he'd have his hooter looked at.
So why should I believe him/you about the current ice age?
Sounds like someone didn't get the chrissy pressies he wanted
Stuck in the Christmas backlog :chuckle Anyway I don't read his tweets I only watch QI :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16738
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: 3rd Coldest December since records began in 1659

Post by clashcityrocker »

And I'm celebrating xmas with the Coptic Church in Jan.
More chance of some pressies arriving.
And my DOM's face will be a picture when I tell him (and then claim discrimination if he refuses.)
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.