ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

how you doing for tips?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Tips from £3 to £40 so far, but mostly £10 this year. :nana
Exrep
Posts: 1005
Joined: 02 Oct 2009, 21:01
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by Exrep »

Ive now progressed from just a bottle of white wine to also a box of heroes and £3
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
DemonPostie
Posts: 227
Joined: 21 Jan 2009, 21:37
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by DemonPostie »

A couple guys in my office get >1000 quid. I've seen the wads of cash to prove it...

I've made a tenner, so far, plus an armfull of fruit and a shite belgian beer.
sidewinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 348
Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by sidewinder »

DemonPostie wrote:A couple guys in my office get >1000 quid. I've seen the wads of cash to prove it...

I've made a tenner, so far, plus an armfull of fruit and a shite belgian beer.
Yep in my old office one person who has been on the same walk for 25 years rakes in a good grand plus each year.
internetguy
Posts: 183
Joined: 01 Oct 2010, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by internetguy »

£20 from 2 calls, not bad at all considering i've only been doing the walk for about 6 weeks.....
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by Darren Bent »

Finally got a tip this year. One pound coin. What can I do with it. :crazy:
internetguy
Posts: 183
Joined: 01 Oct 2010, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by internetguy »

Carew wrote:Finally got a tip this year. One pound coin. What can I do with it. :crazy:
heh heh
music4essex
Posts: 717
Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
Gender: Female

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by music4essex »

Today I got a box of sweets £10 plus another £5 bOttle of wine, as fast as I was trying to get rid of packects I was gaining more lol,

It cheered up my S**te day from management harrasing me

Essex mum
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

How do you treat tips if you're a "Floater" (always makes me laugh :chuckle ) or a "Reserve"? If there's a card addressed to to the Regular Postie A) I give it to them if I like them B) I leave it pinned to the door if I don't. If someone says, "You're not our regular Postie", I tell them he'll be back tomorrow. If they say "Have a couple of drinks on me" I pocket it. If it's addressed to "The Postie" I pocket it. :dance In either case The Regular Postie obviously didn't make that much of an impression on them. An old Postie I used to work with said, "I start off being a miserable Bastard in Jan and then I don't have to start kissing anyone's arse towards Christmas to get a tip!" He had a point! :hmmmm
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Exrep
Posts: 1005
Joined: 02 Oct 2009, 21:01
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by Exrep »

Walk holders weigh in there floaters with 10% of there total in our office.

Gave my driver who does my bags and any large packets £5 today bags were there well on time and he took a few under sized packets very much appreciated.
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by not me »

£0 :nana
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16738
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by clashcityrocker »

custard wrote:£0 :nana
You see - pro rata doesn't always work against p/timers.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
arty_morty
Posts: 282
Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by arty_morty »

A box of biscuits, a bottle of Black Tower and a bottle of Grants. I am genuinely surprised as I rarely see any of my customers as their letter boxes are communal.
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
music4essex
Posts: 717
Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
Gender: Female

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by music4essex »

After being called in the office about an incident, i was late out delivering, but a lady came over to me who always gives me a xmas pressie and inside was a bottle of wine and 4 boxes wrapped in xmas paper so under the tree that went
to day I opened a card from yesterday and it had £20 in it and they also gave me a tin of sweets to day I was given £20 in total and 3 presents, so that made up for the S**Te day i had indoors in th RM of festive spirit not

I also give my driver a box of lagers and my floater gets a percentage of my tips and a box of sweets.

I am £6 short of £200, few days left

I don't want to offend anyone in saying what I got and good luck to you all and Happy xmas to all us workers

Essex mum :wave
wiganpostie
Posts: 670
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
Gender: Male

Re: how you doing for tips?

Post by wiganpostie »

Three days left and I have reached the giddying heights of 30 quid and a box of chocolates. Still not a single tip off the scumbag estate I deliver to, though. :Boo hoo!