ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job....?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
countyboy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 121
Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 17:48
Gender: Male

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by countyboy »

RedBagMan wrote:
Sippin40oz wrote:Had enough a long time ago but the recession hasnt exactly made it easy to find anything else. Maybe we are lucky to have a job at Royal Mail? :left:
Exactly ! 25 years of computer software development experience counted for Jack when I was made redundant this time last year.

It's a big bad world out there - and it can only get worse under ConDem ...
Ditto, over 20 years in Finance...In some ways I would like to have my old life back and being constantly skint is not easy. However, on the plus side I am fitter than I have ever been and whatever the bad things about this job (yes I know they will get worse !) it sure as hell beats getting humiliated at the job centre. Yes love to get another jiob,,one thing saying it and another doing it !!
pokos27
Posts: 657
Joined: 15 Apr 2010, 19:32
Gender: Male

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by pokos27 »

i would keep your job, it still has a higher pay rate than any unskilled jobs, yes it can be crap, especially this time of year.
yes we all feel pissed off sometimes.
just think very carefully about leaving as could you survive on benefits, if you couldnt find anything.
i hope you get better, see a dr or physio.
internetguy
Posts: 183
Joined: 01 Oct 2010, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by internetguy »

pokos27 wrote:i would keep your job, it still has a higher pay rate than any unskilled jobs, yes it can be crap, especially this time of year.
yes we all feel pissed off sometimes.
just think very carefully about leaving as could you survive on benefits, if you couldnt find anything.
i hope you get better, see a dr or physio.
i'd never leave the job unless i had something else lined up, that would be crazy an the better half would kill me. i forgot to mention in my op, im on one of them fackin stupid 3 month rolling contracts so my jobs far from safe anyway. it really does make you think your just a worthless piece of s**t when you get a letter telling you your services are no longer needed in a months time only for royal mail to then send another letter saying there very kindly offering you another 3 months. i'd love to be in a position to be able to tell them to shove it up their arse. lets see what the new year brings.......
streetstomper
Posts: 11
Joined: 27 Mar 2010, 12:03
Gender: Male

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by streetstomper »

After 11 years I feel I can't wait to quit this hell-hole, but sadly at 51 I may be too old to find anything this new park and loop comes in in the new year and that just might be a straw too many for my poor old back. Never thought I would feel this way but that's progress for you.R.I.P loyal mail.
plainpat
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 410
Joined: 18 Jan 2010, 19:29
Gender: Male
Location: You can't get any further east in the UK without going for a swim in the North Sea

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by plainpat »

internetguy wrote:I know I am. i've really taken a dislike to the job recently. I've never felt as tired as I do now as I never get 2 days off together to recover. d2d junk is getting to me and to top it off, I've developed rock hard skin on both my big toes, physical damage caused by all the milage I cover. heres hoping 2011 brings wealth and of course, a new job.....

soz for the rant, I just remembered I have to go to the hell hole in 8 hours.....
I used to suffer really badly from hard skin on the balls of my feet and big toes, as well as between the toes where they rubbed together, when I was still working.

I invested in one of these a few years back, expensive, but really did give relief at the end of each day.
31ytmAW8l4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Medisana-Corded ... 192&sr=8-4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
internetguy
Posts: 183
Joined: 01 Oct 2010, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by internetguy »

streetstomper wrote:After 11 years I feel I can't wait to quit this hell-hole, but sadly at 51 I may be too old to find anything this new park and loop comes in in the new year and that just might be a straw too many for my poor old back. Never thought I would feel this way but that's progress for you.R.I.P loyal mail.
its a nitemare situation to be in bud. carry on looking an hope for the best.....
internetguy
Posts: 183
Joined: 01 Oct 2010, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by internetguy »

plainpat wrote:
internetguy wrote:I know I am. i've really taken a dislike to the job recently. I've never felt as tired as I do now as I never get 2 days off together to recover. d2d junk is getting to me and to top it off, I've developed rock hard skin on both my big toes, physical damage caused by all the milage I cover. heres hoping 2011 brings wealth and of course, a new job.....

soz for the rant, I just remembered I have to go to the hell hole in 8 hours.....
I used to suffer really badly from hard skin on the balls of my feet and big toes, as well as between the toes where they rubbed together, when I was still working.

I invested in one of these a few years back, expensive, but really did give relief at the end of each day.
31ytmAW8l4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Medisana-Corded ... 192&sr=8-4
heh heh heh, i thought it was a dremel at first :chuckle . seriously thought mate, i think i might have to invest in one. the skin on the outside of my big toes is shocking and starting to become painful.....
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by dvbuk55 »

I don't understand it............in less than 12 months I will be retiring from Royal Mail...........I am going to go self employed...........Gigolo.....hiring myself out to all those lonely widows............providing they aren't looking for too much I should do OK....I already have the web address, http://www.grabagrandad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :left: :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by TeeferTiger »

internetguy wrote:
plainpat wrote:
internetguy wrote:I know I am. i've really taken a dislike to the job recently. I've never felt as tired as I do now as I never get 2 days off together to recover. d2d junk is getting to me and to top it off, I've developed rock hard skin on both my big toes, physical damage caused by all the milage I cover. heres hoping 2011 brings wealth and of course, a new job.....

soz for the rant, I just remembered I have to go to the hell hole in 8 hours.....
I used to suffer really badly from hard skin on the balls of my feet and big toes, as well as between the toes where they rubbed together, when I was still working.

I invested in one of these a few years back, expensive, but really did give relief at the end of each day.
31ytmAW8l4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Medisana-Corded ... 192&sr=8-4
heh heh heh, i thought it was a dremel at first :chuckle . seriously thought mate, i think i might have to invest in one. the skin on the outside of my big toes is shocking and starting to become painful.....
I'm going to be crippled when I go back to work. My feet are lovely and soft now with no "postman's foot" lumps going on anywhere. First time in years that my toes have feeling in them lol
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by Darren Bent »

I would like to get a new job but I am not looking for one. I wouldn't know what I want to do. I doubt I will get better paid job than Royal Mail or floating off weeks perks.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by dvbuk55 »

Aprilaydee wrote:I'm going to be crippled when I go back to work. My feet are lovely and soft now with no "postman's foot" lumps going on anywhere. First time in years that my toes have feeling in them lol
You can get them on line April........I think its Anne Summers website :angel
Thorby Bislam
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 495
Joined: 04 Jan 2008, 20:45
Gender: Male
Location: Desolation Row

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by Thorby Bislam »

I want out now. Been moaning about the job for a while but now I've got to do it in before it does me in.
I know how the arguments go: It's fairly well paid for what it is and there are too few jobs around in the recession.
But thing is: the more workload they pile on us, the less well paid it gets. I would gladly trade it for a lighter, lower paid job.
Just spilt stain-remover down my shirt. Now how do I get that out?
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by smokerjim »

dvbuk55 wrote:I don't understand it............in less than 12 months I will be retiring from Royal Mail...........I am going to go self employed...........Gigolo.....hiring myself out to all those lonely widows............providing they aren't looking for too much I should do OK....I already have the web address, http://www.grabagrandad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :left: :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
You won't have much left out of your lump sum if when these ladies hire you, you have to pay them :crazy:
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by dvbuk55 »

smokerjim wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I don't understand it............in less than 12 months I will be retiring from Royal Mail...........I am going to go self employed...........Gigolo.....hiring myself out to all those lonely widows............providing they aren't looking for too much I should do OK....I already have the web address, http://www.grabagrandad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :left: :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
You won't have much left out of your lump sum if when these ladies hire you, you have to pay them :crazy:
I was hoping to increase my pension pot TBH....................every little helps :nervous
sidewinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 348
Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
Gender: Male

Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..

Post by sidewinder »

Thorby Bislam wrote:I want out now. Been moaning about the job for a while but now I've got to do it in before it does me in.
I know how the arguments go: It's fairly well paid for what it is and there are too few jobs around in the recession.
But thing is: the more workload they pile on us, the less well paid it gets. I would gladly trade it for a lighter, lower paid job.
That's how I felt. In October I got another job, less stress, less workload and more pay. Never felt happier after all them years ESP the last 3 or 4 on royal fail. I was humming and erring bout leaving but just looked at the view of d2ds extra this extra that and thought there has to be better and there is.