I think the main problem is that MCs don't have enough yorks on which to dispatch stuff and there aren't any extra vans this year (our MC had a couple of 600s removed last week)OnAFlyer wrote:Plenty of cards but next to no DSA and flats, plenty of packets as well but still less than I expected considering there's a massive amount of tracked and driver packets that haven't been cleared yet.DGP1 wrote:I've no idea why you lot seem to be getting it easy, my office is being hammered with cards/letters/small packets and the usual tracked and specials, anyone from the NIMC want to comment on this?
I've had 1.5 packet bags and 11 bundles today and yesterday combined, but according the the drivers the MC is overflowing with stuff. Maybe they're on outward at some MC's and are going to cram the inward through at the end of this week?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Where's all the mail??
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12216
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Where's all the mail??
-
thevardinator
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 16:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Where's all the mail??
You do have to wonder if within the next few days, if not next week, we are going to be hit hard with a huge inflow of mail and packets.
For example on Monday, I had about 20/22 bundles of mail (the average for my round is about 18/20), and a full packet bag. My HCT is usually so full I can't fit my bags in there, and the lid's are a force to shut job. Most of last week was like that too, as you would expect for the time of year.
Tuesday was my day off, apparently it was a light one.
Today (a WEDNESDAY), it was like a quiet summer's day, I had 15 smallish bundles, half a packet bag (although most packets were recorded) 2 specials , and the flats were non-exsistent, that is on a 750 property mainly terraced round. I'd be very happy with this amount of mail in the middle of summer!
I do wonder whether it be tommorow, or one day soon, that I'm going to walk in to a fitting that has toppled over with 5000 packets on top of it.
For example on Monday, I had about 20/22 bundles of mail (the average for my round is about 18/20), and a full packet bag. My HCT is usually so full I can't fit my bags in there, and the lid's are a force to shut job. Most of last week was like that too, as you would expect for the time of year.
Tuesday was my day off, apparently it was a light one.
Today (a WEDNESDAY), it was like a quiet summer's day, I had 15 smallish bundles, half a packet bag (although most packets were recorded) 2 specials , and the flats were non-exsistent, that is on a 750 property mainly terraced round. I'd be very happy with this amount of mail in the middle of summer!
I do wonder whether it be tommorow, or one day soon, that I'm going to walk in to a fitting that has toppled over with 5000 packets on top of it.
STAND TOGETHER IN THE FIGHT.
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Where's all the mail??
Mail seems to be on a merry go round. We've sent mail to other MCs which is now coming back.
We're receiving diversions from Edinburgh, while we are sending diversions to Peterborough.
I suppose someone knows what they are doing, or do they?
We're receiving diversions from Edinburgh, while we are sending diversions to Peterborough.
I suppose someone knows what they are doing, or do they?
-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
Re: Where's all the mail??
DGP1 wrote:I've no idea why you lot seem to be getting it easy, my office is being hammered with cards/letters/small packets and the usual tracked and specials, anyone from the NIMC want to comment on this?
our place was exactly the same .... hammered :dcfo
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Where's all the mail??
We're in the same situation, there's nothing coming through. The mail is there, it's obviously there, but it's not getting to us. How they think our office is going to survive when they churn it out to us in one go, I don't know. But it will be a LOLtastic event when it does happen - I'll piss myself, I reckon.thevardinator wrote:You do have to wonder if within the next few days, if not next week, we are going to be hit hard with a huge inflow of mail and packets.
For example on Monday, I had about 20/22 bundles of mail (the average for my round is about 18/20), and a full packet bag. My HCT is usually so full I can't fit my bags in there, and the lid's are a force to shut job. Most of last week was like that too, as you would expect for the time of year.
Tuesday was my day off, apparently it was a light one.
Today (a WEDNESDAY), it was like a quiet summer's day, I had 15 smallish bundles, half a packet bag (although most packets were recorded) 2 specials , and the flats were non-exsistent, that is on a 750 property mainly terraced round. I'd be very happy with this amount of mail in the middle of summer!
I do wonder whether it be tommorow, or one day soon, that I'm going to walk in to a fitting that has toppled over with 5000 packets on top of it.
-
thevardinator
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 16:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Where's all the mail??
It was heavier today on packets. But again, quite light on mail.
Could just about fit everything in the HCT, including my pouch bags.
I must say its very nice not having D2D's this week too.
Could just about fit everything in the HCT, including my pouch bags.
I must say its very nice not having D2D's this week too.
STAND TOGETHER IN THE FIGHT.
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Where's all the mail??
What I can't understand is how RM can be holding it? RM have a legal obligation to deliver it within a certain time frame. We've had it really REALLY easy here.... I finished at 12:15 today but will be really angry if we get hammered next week coz RM have been holding it. I was up at a mail centre on Monday and I've never seen it so busy! somethings going on! Whats the official line on this lack of mail?
-
robd
- Posts: 510
- Joined: 31 Jan 2007, 12:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Yorkshire
Re: Where's all the mail??
Whats the official line on this lack of mail?
"what backlog"
"what backlog"
-
the dragon
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 115
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 14:33
Re: Where's all the mail??
I really think that we all will be flat out from Monday onwards, including x-mas eve !!! The mail simply is not getting through, our MC seems to be concentrating on packets, which so far about double the amount of last years. Mail on the other hand is so low for x-mas, Ive even have customers sying that they havent recieved many cards this year !! The sh*t is really going to hit the fan over the next week or so, especially with the weather closing in !!!!!! 
-
mucker
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 25 Oct 2007, 14:12
- Gender: Female
- Location: cloud cookoo land
Re: Where's all the mail??
who care's royail fail coulndt give a Flying *uck so why does anyone else

"I have opinions of my own –strong opinions– but I don’t always agree with them"
Always Tell The Truth. If You Can't Always Tell The Truth,Don't Lie
"2010 And Beyond" The Year Of The Pay Cut...£3.01 Sub's For The Worst Deal In CWU History...
Always Tell The Truth. If You Can't Always Tell The Truth,Don't Lie
"2010 And Beyond" The Year Of The Pay Cut...£3.01 Sub's For The Worst Deal In CWU History...
-
jockstrapp
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 970
- Joined: 28 Mar 2009, 17:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Where's all the mail??
We are not aware of any problemsrobd wrote:Whats the official line on this lack of mail?
"what backlog"
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Where's all the mail??
I am just wondering if RM are pushing packets so that when the forecast snow hits they can concentrate on cards and letters - thing is even today we are getting loads of customers joining and desperately trying to find information on their packets.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
london sub
- Posts: 397
- Joined: 29 Jan 2009, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Where's all the mail??
As my Dom once put it that letters come first before packets or parcels because that's where most of the revenue comes from.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I am just wondering if RM are pushing packets so that when the forecast snow hits they can concentrate on cards and letters - thing is even today we are getting loads of customers joining and desperately trying to find information on their packets.
I have waited 3 weeks for packets and some big parcels and only one has came out of the dozen or so that i ordered. The revision and snow has affected our office badly. If they left the revision after Xmas the office would of probably catched up by now.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Where's all the mail??
We were hit quite hard today i prob had almost twice the amount of letters than yesterday. Also a Travel Line flats which were quite bulky. Only 4 reg but time you added recordeds and tracked i scanned 27 items. 
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Where's all the mail??
Hmmmm... I had 1 reg and a bag and a half? of mail!krussel wrote:We were hit quite hard today i prob had almost twice the amount of letters than yesterday. Also a Travel Line flats which were quite bulky. Only 4 reg but time you added recordeds and tracked i scanned 27 items.