ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
how you doing for tips?
-
islfor
- Posts: 380
- Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 19:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: how you doing for tips?
£68 so far, usually get between £350 - £380. Still early though !!
-
mclovin
- Posts: 1106
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
88 quid and counting.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
You need a delivery in Standish, they are a much better class of people and far more generouswiganpostie wrote:Fifteen quid and a box of choccies so far. Ten quid of that was from a customer on my old duty who handed it to their current postie, and I don't anticipate getting much more as the duty I am currently on is full of work-dodging, gate-tying, dog-imitating, night-walking, morning-avoiding wastes of skin.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: how you doing for tips?
A tenner in cash so far but what was better was today i was starving and had a good 2 hours before break when a lady came out and gave me a large bar of fruit and nut 
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: how you doing for tips?
Well as I'm indoors now.. I got given a Minto off an old dear this morning in the callers office.

Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
chelseachris
- Posts: 164
- Joined: 26 Mar 2010, 14:28
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
Went to a house which is rented by students and on the door was an envelope which said have a drink on us when i opened it inside was a teabag i can still hear them laughing bastards. 
-
chelseachris
- Posts: 164
- Joined: 26 Mar 2010, 14:28
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
Wouldnt mind a £1 from every house 835 on my run.Lounge Lizard wrote:I'm on target for averaging £1 a house again- but that's not guaranteed
-
red1968
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 06 Apr 2010, 22:03
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
Here's a tip,,,,, dont work for Royal Mail
-
red1968
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 06 Apr 2010, 22:03
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
ah', the old ones are the bestchelseachris wrote:Went to a house which is rented by students and on the door was an envelope which said have a drink on us when i opened it inside was a teabag i can still hear them laughing bastards.
-
Postman Plodd
- Posts: 596
- Joined: 30 Nov 2008, 15:53
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
F*ck all, the curse of the floating cover
-
Sippin40oz
- Posts: 170
- Joined: 24 Oct 2010, 18:29
- Gender: Female
Re: how you doing for tips?
only £5 for me and that was from one generous lady. Mostly work shy giro claiments on my round though so not suprising!
-
bexhil palace
- Posts: 505
- Joined: 18 Jul 2007, 11:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: All over the Gaff
Re: how you doing for tips?
Worst year ever for me.
I will wait and see how it goes, but this could spell the end of me shutting gates the tight barstewards.
I will wait and see how it goes, but this could spell the end of me shutting gates the tight barstewards.
-
music4essex
- Posts: 717
- Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
- Gender: Female
Re: how you doing for tips?
I have so far £67 and 4 presents and been promised a couple more this week,
Last year got £175, so don't expect so much
Essex mum
Last year got £175, so don't expect so much
Essex mum
-
DemonPostie
- Posts: 227
- Joined: 21 Jan 2009, 21:37
- Gender: Male
Re: how you doing for tips?
I got:
Mini Bottle of wine
Bottle of nasty Belgian lager
8 bananas
4 apples
2 oranges
and a bunch of grapes.
All from one crazy little old lady.
Not that I don't appreciate it, but I had to carry it all around with me the rest of the day.
And then I found out the van driver that brought her a parcel later in the day got told "sorry, i haven't got any more to give... Here's ten pounds instead."
bastard.
Mini Bottle of wine
Bottle of nasty Belgian lager
8 bananas
4 apples
2 oranges
and a bunch of grapes.
All from one crazy little old lady.
Not that I don't appreciate it, but I had to carry it all around with me the rest of the day.
And then I found out the van driver that brought her a parcel later in the day got told "sorry, i haven't got any more to give... Here's ten pounds instead."
bastard.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: how you doing for tips?
£40 and a bottle of wine for me. Bloke next to me is up to £200 so far. Mind you his walk is full of old people who tend to tip as its kind of an old fashioned thing I guess!
Mind you his walk does look like one massive queue of people lining up for the local grave yard! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?