brykins wrote:would like to be taken on full time after Xmas
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!
Seriously...after twenty years of sales and sales management, I'm loving the stresslessness of it and have lost a stone and a half with the walking. Could see me sticking at it for ages.
brykins wrote:would like to be taken on full time after Xmas
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!
Seriously...after twenty years of sales and sales management, I'm loving the stresslessness of it and have lost a stone and a half with the walking. Could see me sticking at it for ages.
Just wait for reality to kick in, the fun soon wears off when your knees buckle under the strain and your feet become completely ruined because of poor quality footware.
As for the weight thing, we all experienced that at the beginning but you soon put it all back on again when you start eating all the crappy comfort food whole cakes being a favourite of certain posties
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Bit harsh to blame it on casuals! I think its more likely to be the disillusioned full time staff who have the experience to know that they are unlikely to be prosecuted.
I suppose you also have to take into account the culture within Royal mail is to lie cheat and steal from its employees at every opportunity. What kind of effect do you think this has on all of us? Do you think an employee would be more tempted to steal say £10 out of a envelope when management have just screwed them out of £20 OT the same day? I dont condone stealing of any sort but in a way i can understand. I see it as stealing from the customers though so not really something i agree with!
personally ive never once thought of opening or stealing anything, to me a xmas/birthday card etc is just another piece of crap that i need to deliver so i can get finished, unfortunately most of the thefts do take place in the mail centres and it is done mainly by casuals who haven't had the same checks as full time posties have, i remember one of our local investigation branch telling me that there have even been instances of orgaqnised gangs infiltrating mail centres for the sole purpose of theft, if anything should be done then it is that more stringent checks should be carried out
brykins wrote:would like to be taken on full time after Xmas
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!
Seriously...after twenty years of sales and sales management, I'm loving the stresslessness of it and have lost a stone and a half with the walking. Could see me sticking at it for ages.
I might have agreed with you say 5 years ago... but this job is getting worse by the day. It'll be interesting to see what you think after say a year.